PDA

View Full Version : Tweeters

FuNKieJuNK
01-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Just wondering where the best places to put the tweeters would be? I've heard that putting the tweeter too far from the cone will throw off the imaging and that you should keep it within a few inches? So would drilling into the door and mounting a few inches up be good?

Thanks

80_Cutlass_mn
01-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Well you can mount them in various places for them to sound the best. It changes from vehicle to person so its really hard to say one place is better than another. Take a look at my gallery to see how my components are installed, I really like this way and with the angle mounted tweeters I have about a 60 degree angle between me and the tweeter and I get very good response from them.

B&R Innovation2
01-13-2004, 02:04 AM
I almost always use the A pillar

80_Cutlass_mn
01-13-2004, 02:12 AM
I almost always use the A pillar

Could you please enlighten me as to what the hell an A pillar is? Is it like where I have my tweeter mounted? (look in my gallery)

Shugarra
01-13-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm 99% sure the a-pillar is the pillar that resides on either side of the windshield.

80_Cutlass_mn
01-13-2004, 03:30 AM
Alright this is where I thought it was also. But I really like where my tweeters are mounted, theyre actual distance from my ears are nearly about the same when I sit like I normally do when I drive which is leaning on the center console.

FuNKieJuNK
01-13-2004, 11:56 AM
hmmm... I guess i'll play around with their positioning a bit then. But I sorta like where you put yours by the mirrors that way I dont have to cut through my door at all..

thanks