PDA

View Full Version : Looking for something that meets the following needs

ronnyek
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Sorry for the post if its commonly answered, I did research and netted a lot of head unit reviews 3+ years old etc. Surely the car audio field has come along since then.

I am looking for a a purely audio head unit that does radio and some other form of audio (usb, or hd onboard). CD isnt really all that valuable to me as its such antiquated technology. MP3 on DVD would be suitable if it was remotely performant. I'd like to just load a bunch of music in and be able to easily navigate it. Even something that supported large memory sticks, and could navigate them quickly would be great. I am a very anti-apple guy so if ipod was only suggestion, that would make me sad panda.

Oh, and I do have a phone that supports the bluetooth streamign, but dont know how well that works (never hooked it up to anything)

I really ilked sync, but this is going to go into a work truck so its going to be a little overkill.

As its goign to be in a work truck, anyway of concealing or disguising would be nice too (I've seen chameleon head units and while thats the idea I'm going for, I've heard both good and bad about it.)

I appreciate any recommendations.

Again I apologize for being so vague and all over the place, but I havent seen much in the way of modern head units at all... let alone peoples experience trying to have a big chunk of tunes they can navigate quickly.

dumple
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I have an Alpine x001 its radio usb or all ipod, someone was just selling a bt set up that would work with it aswell PM me

ronnyek
06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I recall some people complaining about the speed of navigating via USB, and know that head unit is a fairly old model... figured somone had to be buildign something a bit better/faster

ronnyek
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
x305 however looks pretty promising.

dumple
06-14-2010, 05:31 PM
i have no complaints about the x001 i use playlist so its really easy

nineball
06-18-2010, 08:54 PM
kenwwod x993/994