PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Choice

trixr4kidsdawg
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
hey i'm debating whether i should get a Kenwood KDC-X994 or an Alpine
CDA-117 head unit. I'm going by sound quality, and all the features for the price. I could get the Alpine system for 250 dollars and the Kenwood system for around 280. Which is the better option in this case??
thanks in advance, much help :fro:

ashah220
06-29-2010, 12:12 PM
i have a kenwood kvt 815 dvd/tv/mp3/cd/navi ready and touchscreen... I have all parts, in box, and remote to go along with amazing tv...must sell reply to [email protected]

AllenH427
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I have the CDA-117. I switched from the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB. The Alpines sound quality is way better, its phenomenal. I also know Kenwoods have good sound quality too. The Alpine has a very natural sound, the EQ (7-band graphic or 5-band parametric) is not as strong as the Kenwoods but it keeps it's very natural sound. If you are a hardcore tweaker on the EQ, I'd go to a store and compare them side by side to see which one sounds better to you, but if you like your EQ just tweaked a little or flat, I'd roll with the Alpine. Not to mention the Alpine looks much more **** than the Kenwood... Bestbuy has the CDA-117 and a lower model of the x994 so I'd play with them both and see which one you like more though. There is no dead winner here, I'm just biased cause I have the CDA-117.