PDA

View Full Version : Can all of this run of a usx4065?

sumone
01-11-2004, 08:50 PM
1 cdt cl-61 component set with image enhancement tweets
1 cdt cl-6x coax set
1 eDesign e12kx sub?

the usx4065 is 4 channels @ 65W rms (4ohms); 2 channels bridged is 160W (4ohms)

The component set takes up two channels by themselves; the image enhancement tweets hook into the crossovers of the components, so they're not an issue. The sub will take up two channels also, since it's bridged.

But what about the cl-6x's? If I have the sub bridged on chans 3 and 4, where would they fit in?

Is it possible to run all of that off of the 4065 (safely)?

I really don't want 2 amps, but I think if the best solution is two amps, how does it sound to have the components and cl-6x's run off the usx4065 and just get a 2 chan amp for the sub to be bridged on [usx2100 or usx2150], which'll have higher output wattage potential than the 4065. [recommended rms power for the e12kx is 100-400rms]

iceteebone
01-11-2004, 08:55 PM
i use a us acoustics 4065 on my cdt cl-51 and my infinity refrence 4x6 plate speakers and they sound great so i would recommend using the amp to power the components and the sub and use the coaxils as rear fill. these amps are very underratted so you will get more than 160 watts rms to that sub

sumone
01-11-2004, 09:06 PM
...i would recommend using the amp to power the components and the sub and use the coaxils as rear fill...

Yea, that's the plan; to have the coaxes as rear fill, but I'm concerned on how I wire them into the stereo subsystem. Is it possible to have all that on one amp [or in general, an amp with only 4 channels]? Thanks

iceteebone
01-11-2004, 09:14 PM
since you have cdt's up front and the image enhancement you probably wouldn't need to amp the rear fill speakers in my opinion but it's what you like not me. what you could do (i'm not sure if this would be good for the amp or not) is wire both the components and coaxels to the front channels, then both front channels will read 2 ohms then bridge the rear channels to the sub but i'm not sure if this would be safe but i don't see why it wouldn't.

Unreal
01-11-2004, 10:01 PM
I run Infiniti Kappa components and some pioneer in the rear off the front two channels of a RF 501x, then 2 8" rockford subs off the other channels.

Yes, you can run all your speakers off the front 2 channels in parallel at a 2 ohm load, you will just lose your fade.

outbacksport
01-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Hook up the CDT 61 and the sub to the amp and hook up the rear fills to your HU.

nosaj070
01-19-2004, 01:19 PM
these amps are very underratted so you will get more than 160 watts rms to that sub

I'm yet to see a usx amp that is really underrated, no more than about 10 watts. They are rated at 12.9 volts, so there will be more power than what it says while the car is running, but not technically underrated. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice budget amps.