PDA

View Full Version : need help with box build specs for airspace

my82c10
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
need box dimensions so i can give the proper amount of airspace for my subs. im going to drop in two 12in shallow mounts. im up in the air between Memphis and RE. if i dont have enough airspace for the 12's im going to drop in some tens. can i please get the cut dimensions for both sizes and brands. i dont know how to figure this out. i attached a picture of the old setup. i ripped out. just to give you an idea if any of you have worked on this type of truck before. thanks alot. steelreignfa@Yahoo

geonfreaq
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Well first you need to figure out how much room you have to work with and then you can figure out how big of a box you can fit. From there you can figure out what subs would work best in that enclosure.

my82c10
06-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Well first you need to figure out how much room you have to work with and then you can figure out how big of a box you can fit. From there you can figure out what subs would work best in that enclosure.

I was wondering about that as well, if i make the box the to big even if i had enough room for both subs wont that still affect the subs in a negative way? i heard theres a optimum and a minimum amount of space recommended for airspace.

bassman3
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
If you wanna shoot me a PM, I can work with you on some design.

geonfreaq
06-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I was wondering about that as well, if i make the box the to big even if i had enough room for both subs wont that still affect the subs in a negative way? i heard theres a optimum and a minimum amount of space recommended for airspace.

Yes but if you measure the space we know how much room you have to work with.