PDA

View Full Version : Alpine x305 equalizer

noooorb
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi guys. So I've recently upgraded my sound system, including the x305 head unit. I've noticed the highs are a bit too pronounced for my tastes. All I want to adjust with the equalizer is lower the highs a bit and nothing more. Do I really have to buy the PXA-H100 piece? (Iím more concerned about the lack of space for it) Do the predefined User1, User2, etc differ?

Also, Iím assuming that if I change the equalizer setting on my ipod it wonít affect the output from the head unit, correct?

Thanks in advance

metoo
06-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm just a bit confuse. Have you tried the predefined settings yet to see it they differ? Simply pressing the IMPRINT button a few times will get you to the treble setting to lower the highs. All you get to adjust is treble and bass level. ...no mids, no Q, etc. That head unit is very limited on sound control and everything else without the optional modules, which is the main reason I crossed it off my wanted list.

noooorb
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks metoo. I'll try lowering the treble a bit to see if it helps - the highs are too harsh at the moment. I'm very disappointed in the lack of sound adjustability given the price.

metoo
06-03-2010, 03:36 AM
What speakers are you running? If your highs are too harsh, I assume they are aftermarket. If so, check to see if you have a -3db (or similar) option on the speakers or on the crossovers going to the speakers. Some models have a button on the tweeter. Some have a switch on the crossover. Others have a second wiring option for the tweeter.