PDA

View Full Version : equalizer from HU to sub??

Micah7x7x7x
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Ok well here it goes i realized with help from some of you guys that i need to lessen the bass going to my 5.25inch coaxials so they wont be to overdriven....but i have found that when i turn down the bass on my HU i loose some serious thump from my sub so i was wondering if there was like an equalizer that i can hook up using my aux cable to my amp so i can boost my bass signal just to my sub. is this possible and if so what kind of eq's and wiring set-ups do you recommend??

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 12:26 AM
just to bump and to add some info i was thinking of getting an SSl S4EQ would this work for what i want??

ciaonzo
05-31-2010, 12:30 AM
You're doing it wrong.

Your mids need to be crossed over high enough to keep the unwanted low frequencies out. Do that and you won't have to use your EQ to remove them.

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 01:20 AM
You're doing it wrong.

Your mids need to be crossed over high enough to keep the unwanted low frequencies out. Do that and you won't have to use your EQ to remove them.

i dont think you understand what im trying to do..im reseting my HU to where the bass is zero where it was originally before i added the sub. but by doing that i lose some of my sub kick so what i want to do is add an eq the runs from my amp to my sub so it can boost my sub again.

fasfocus00
05-31-2010, 01:27 AM
this is going to get interesting

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 01:31 AM
why so??

hatedonmostly
05-31-2010, 01:34 AM
bass boost all the way down on your hu
bass boost all the way up on your sub amp

duh

ciaonzo
05-31-2010, 01:37 AM
i dont think you understand what im trying to do..im reseting my HU to where the bass is zero where it was originally before i added the sub. but by doing that i lose some of my sub kick so what i want to do is add an eq the runs from my amp to my sub so it can boost my sub again.You told us that your mids can't handle the low frequencies so you cut your EQ. Now you've lost some oomph in your sub section. Seems like a real no-brainer to leave the EQ where it was and filter the low frequencies out of your mids.

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 01:39 AM
already did that and thats where i lost alot of my sub kick. i had my hu bass boost on max and it was overloadin my door speakers so i lowered that back to flat to stop my door speakers from bustin but i lost alot of hit from my sub and i jsut want to be able to get taht back or even get a little more

ciaonzo
05-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Stop what you're doing and take it to someone who knows how.

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
I think your right im gonna take it to my local shop and see waht they can do.

hatedonmostly
05-31-2010, 01:48 AM
already did that and thats where i lost alot of my sub kick. i had my hu bass boost on max and it was overloadin my door speakers so i lowered that back to flat to stop my door speakers from bustin but i lost alot of hit from my sub and i jsut want to be able to get taht back or even get a little more

omg lol

justafifteen
05-31-2010, 02:09 AM
I think your right im gonna take it to my local shop and see waht they can do.

Wow dude. It's called a high pass filter. Not just "turning the bass down so my speaks dont blow up" and then complain that it lessens your subs.

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 02:24 AM
well the problem is i dont know how to wire my door speakers with a crossover so i can do a high pass because i only have my sub out RCA on the back of my HU and my local shop wants like 400 to work on it cause they will only install there own equipment...

ciaonzo
05-31-2010, 02:27 AM
well the problem is i dont know how to wire my door speakers with a crossover so i can do a high pass because i only have my sub out RCA on the back of my HU and my local shop wants like 400 to work on it cause they will only install there own equipment...You can spend way less than that on a HU that has bult-in crossovers for everything.

Micah7x7x7x
05-31-2010, 02:33 AM
i know....my shop is way over priced and i would install it myself but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to the wire harness for my pos car.

metallicaddict
06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
what kind of hu do you have, some of them you can turn the just the sub out up..... if it can be turned up just do that, or turn it up on your sub amp...