PDA

View Full Version : pioneer hu question

blackdragonx118
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
im going to be getting an ipod shortly. im not a fan of apples horrible software and restrictions so id like to replace their OS with rockbox. my question is (if you know what rockbox is) will the pioneer hu (DEH-P510UB) work with rockbox?

Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware (http://www.rockbox.org/)

raverx3m
05-26-2010, 12:39 AM
rockbox replaces apple software.
like dual boot windows/linux PC you can boot one of other but not both.

with that said, all headunits that are ipod capable recognise only apple software, thats what they are programmed for.

16,32,64gb thumbdrive or IPOOD is your options for now.

there was some rumors about units supporting more media players natively like ipod but i dont know which ones do.
go around cartoys or best buy and plug it in and see if it has full functionality.

why are you getting ipod if you gonna rockbox it anyway?

theres plenty of other media players that have same features as ipod but none of the restrictions.

cowon would be one example, i owned few of them personally and was very pleased with features and sound

blackdragonx118
05-26-2010, 04:46 AM
cause im getting the ipod for next to nothing. (trading for some 1/0) im currently using a 4gb thumbdrive, but i want more space, and this was the cheapest way to do so. i just hate apples horrible interface, and the fact that it doesnt support FLAC files.

bigaudiofanatic
05-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Me I love apples interface and their software to handle all the music but if you must change go ahead.

memphis_vette
05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Me I love apples interface and their software to handle all the music but if you must change go ahead.

i agree i thought it is da.mn good. very simple

raverx3m
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM
well regardless of what you use, u wont be able to play flac files unless the headunit supports it.
and if you re using aux to play flac that dfeats the purpose of flac.
unfortunately youre out of luck for now if you want to play files.

unless youcan get your hands on musickeg from kenwood...

blackdragonx118
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
well regardless of what you use, u wont be able to play flac files unless the headunit supports it.
and if you re using aux to play flac that dfeats the purpose of flac.
unfortunately youre out of luck for now if you want to play files.

unless youcan get your hands on musickeg from kenwood...

what is this musickeg you speak of?

raverx3m
05-27-2010, 03:07 AM
few years ago kenwood made an external hard drive enclosure that support flac and other formats. it connects thru cd changer port.

the only problem i see with it is i dont know if the cd changer port is data or audio interface.

http://www.phatnoise.com/images/KW_Kegs.jpg