PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 88100Ti in small (1.2 ft3) box, should I go sealed or ported?

bergend2
05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice on my first box build. I have an Eclipse 88100Ti (10") that I will be making a box for. It is going in my Jeep, and I only have 1.2 ft3 available (after driver displacement). Do you guys think I should keep it sealed, or go ported? I have a 3" Precision Port, and after I did some calculations, I came up with about 10.11 inches for the length of the port (tuned to ~36hz). It will be getting ~1000w rms. As far as music goes, I listen to a lot of old school rap, and rock as well. What do you you guys think?

ciaonzo
05-24-2010, 07:38 PM
My personal preference would be sealed, especially with rock music and your space constraints involved.

bergend2
05-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Awesome, I was hoping for a response from you, you seem to have a VAAAST knowledge of TC Sounds stuff. I was leaning towards sealed as well.

And OT, but where are you located? I'm in Milwaukee/SE WI area, I might have to come check out some of the drivers you have for sale.

brirat
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree sealed. Box to small for ported. Cheers.

ciaonzo
05-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks, lol. I would call it experience more than knowledge. I've been lucky enough to have quite a few TC's pass through my hands so I like to share that info when I can.

I'm in the Madison area. I'd be happy to meet up somewhere on the East side if you're looking to buy something I've listed.