PDA

View Full Version : Cdt hd-62s just not cutting it for me, am i doing something wrong?

Ridinhi
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
currently I have a set of Cdt hd-62cf. I have the 560xoves and what i think are drt25 tweets. Powered by a
ED nine2x. They sound ok i guess, midbass is nice(deadened doors) but Im not sure if they get loud enough for me.
I had a set of Cdt cl-61's before these with 100 watts to each side and i cant even tell the difference between the trwo
except for the better midbass with the current set. Am I doing something wrong as far as my install or are these comps
just not what I thought they would be? If they are just not what i was hoping for then what comps would be better/louder than these for around $200.00?

Ridinhi
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
these are what i currently have but with 560xovers and different tweets than these:
HD-62CF - CDT Audio High Definition 6.5" 2-Way Component Set (http://www.woofersetc.com/p8436/HD62CF--CDT-Audio-High-Definition-65"-2Way-Component-Set.htm)

basebalz13
05-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Not trying to hate or anything. But I think you have something wrong. Heres the same set in my truck with 2 18's keeping up.

YouTube - S-10 Hair Trick, Sundown/American bass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7l5l_hT5k)

Wingman0121
05-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Holy hell $399 for a comp set? My Pioneer Premiers were like $150 for two pairs and they get loud enough to ring my ears.

Did you adjust the gain/crossover setting on the amp after you replaced the speakers? The crossover normally are somewhere between 80~100Hz, turn your headunit's volume to at least 3/4 and adjust the gain on the amp until desired volume is achieved.

Ridinhi
05-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Holy hell $399 for a comp set? My Pioneer Premiers were like $150 for two pairs and they get loud enough to ring my ears.

Did you adjust the gain/crossover setting on the amp after you replaced the speakers? The crossover normally are somewhere between 80~100Hz, turn your headunit's volume to at least 3/4 and adjust the gain on the amp until desired volume is achieved.
did exactly this

blazeplacid
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
its not always about being the loudest. Some comp sets are made to sound good and get semi-loud

What is your choice in music?

I have the CDT ES line and like em. Im slowly going towards more SQ now. Pop in a CD with SQ type music and you will love your CDTs.

Rap or some rock can sound bad if the studio engineer didnt do any major work.

Pop in a Eric Clapton CD or if you like techno a techno CD.

Ridinhi
05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Not trying to hate or anything. But I think you have something wrong. Heres the same set in my truck with 2 18's keeping up.

YouTube - S-10 Hair Trick, Sundown/American bass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7l5l_hT5k)

ill have to check out ur vid when i get home. Restrictions here at work. But im going to try and reset everything all over once more. How much power do you have going to yours?

Ridinhi
05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
its not always about being the loudest. Some comp sets are made to sound good and get semi-loud

What is your choice in music?

I have the CDT ES line and like em. Im slowly going towards more SQ now. Pop in a CD with SQ type music and you will love your CDTs.

Rap or some rock can sound bad if the studio engineer didnt do any major work.

Pop in a Eric Clapton CD or if you like techno a techno CD.
i agree with you there man. I like rap/r&b, raggae, some pop, many different types of music. When i pop in Black eye Peas cd, sounds amazing. Rap on the othjer hand doesnt sound as loud.

James Bang
05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
don't expect TOO much from 6.5"s.

basebalz13
05-24-2010, 12:19 PM
ill have to check out ur vid when i get home. Restrictions here at work. But im going to try and reset everything all over once more. How much power do you have going to yours?

It was a Sundown 100.2 powering them

T3mpest
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
well effeciency isn't that much different between the models is it? Unless the speaker is more effecient it's not going to get much louder no matter what name is on the box or how much you pay for it. The price/performance ratio on component speakers is very low, especially as you head up in pricing between models. Entry to mid level is about as good as the more expensive sets in most cases and will usually be just as loud. Car audio mids are a rip-off, nothing new. Your always dealing with a 88-91db1w/1m 6.5 mid, there is only so much that will can be expected due to the laws of physics out of a speaker like that, especially since people like to cross these little 6.5's at 60hz. So yeah, if your looking for a HUGE jump, it's probably not going to happen. Perhaps an extra set of tweets would help on the rap music?

edit; just looked at the speakers you are talking about 92.7db/1w/1m at 4ohms, so 88.7 at 8 ohms, which is the true 1 watt rating. To put that into perspective, my pro audio mids are 96db/1w/1m at 8ohms, so about 8db's louder with the same power input, so just less than 2x as loud on equal power. They'll also a take 2-3x the amount of power the cdt's will too.

Ridinhi
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
well effeciency isn't that much different between the models is it? Unless the speaker is more effecient it's not going to get much louder no matter what name is on the box or how much you pay for it. The price/performance ratio on component speakers is very low, especially as you head up in pricing between models. Entry to mid level is about as good as the more expensive sets in most cases and will usually be just as loud. Car audio mids are a rip-off, nothing new. Your always dealing with a 88-91db1w/1m 6.5 mid, there is only so much that will can be expected due to the laws of physics out of a speaker like that, especially since people like to cross these little 6.5's at 60hz. So yeah, if your looking for a HUGE jump, it's probably not going to happen. Perhaps an extra set of tweets would help on the rap music?

edit; just looked at the speakers you are talking about 92.7db/1w/1m at 4ohms, so 88.7 at 8 ohms, which is the true 1 watt rating. To put that into perspective, my pro audio mids are 96db/1w/1m at 8ohms, so about 8db's louder with the same power input, so just less than 2x as loud on equal power. They'll also a take 2-3x the amount of power the cdt's will too.

thanks for this info man