PDA

View Full Version : need help with box deminsions....???

proathlete
05-21-2010, 04:22 PM
i have two fosgate t112d2 subs (12inch) and i want to make a ported box.... one big one.

i saw the recommendations for a box on fosgates website but that was for 1 sub and it says 25 inches long which is huge.

so im guessing it would be like 50 inches long for two subs...wtf ??

well i can get in maybe a 40-45 inch box at most in my trunk...i am about to get a impala but right now i have a cobalt if that helps...

and if you have any tips on building it please say, I know to make it out of mdf wood btw

LiveAudio911
05-21-2010, 07:14 PM
It was probably a box built for SPL or DB.. Unless you really want to just build it your self or taking it to comp.. you can just get an RTI box for those.. pretty nice pre-fab.. with dual slant

put they are recommended for sealed being they only go down to 32 hz

proathlete
05-21-2010, 08:34 PM
the box cannot be slanted for sum reason...at rockford fosgate website there is this scale that says if i need sealed or ported. and it was in the nuetral position meaning they both can work good. lets say the scale is out of 100 and 0 is sealed, 100 is ported, 40-60 is in nuetral. the scale showed my amp at probably 45. it means a sealed would sound a little better but still overall i want a ported box because i like lower hits that you can feel rather then hits that shake everything.

but yah, if i dont build it myself i have a back up plan box that my friend is selling for 50. its ported, fits 2 subs. ect good deal overall but if i build one myself it will be 25

subzero
05-22-2010, 04:02 AM
the box cannot be slanted for sum reason...at rockford fosgate website there is this scale that says if i need sealed or ported. and it was in the nuetral position meaning they both can work good. lets say the scale is out of 100 and 0 is sealed, 100 is ported, 40-60 is in nuetral. the scale showed my amp at probably 45. it means a sealed would sound a little better but still overall i want a ported box because i like lower hits that you can feel rather then hits that shake everything.

but yah, if i dont build it myself i have a back up plan box that my friend is selling for 50. its ported, fits 2 subs. ect good deal overall but if i build one myself it will be 25

I doubt that son... MDF is $25-$35 a sheet. Then you have glue and screws to buy. and caulking and carpet and carpet glue. $50+ is more like it.

Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Fraction to Decimal, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Calculators (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#wed)

RE Enclosure Calculator (http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html)

proathlete
05-22-2010, 12:29 PM
yah i know the price of the sheet but i already have all the caulk, screws, glue. the only thing i dont have is carpet.... btw, what is the carpet for ? does it make the sound better or does it just make it so the box wont slide around your trunk ?