PDA

View Full Version : I'm Doing Designs BUT with conditions...

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Ok so here is the deal, i need a better way to manage the design construction process and i cant handle doing 10000000 designs at a time, im still in school (last year [HSC]) so i need to balance school with my hobbies. so here is the conditions, if i owe you an enclosure from before but couldnt do it or you want one i will only do 2 at a time (2 for SMD forum and 2 for ca.com forum) which when you think about it is alot. i will do the designs for the first two people to request a design and i will not do any more than 2 on here at a time. everytime i finish 2 designs i will update this thread or create a new one so dont keep posting requesting please. so the first and second person to request a design will get it. The information you MUST post is as follows:
- MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS (MOST IMPORTANT)
- What subs and how many
- What amp/s
- What Car
- Tuning Preferance
Write all this information in this thread and i will pm the first two people only with a design in response.
Not to sound rude but if i do not get this information i will skip you and do someone elses because i dont have time to waste. if i get heaps of requests at a time i will not do any designs for anyone else at all, End of story. i like to help people so please dont ruin it for everyone else by constantly posting if you dont make the 2 just be patient, anyone i have done enclosures for in the past will know that im reasonably fast at producing a great design so be patient please.

Ali1
05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
need an enclosure for a dozen Rs

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Seriously ? wtf ? thats gonna be... huge ! want me to help ?

Ali1
05-18-2010, 06:49 AM
nah, good seeing ya. Get your azz off SMD... nothing but a bunch of "ill **** meade's **** if he gives me a demo" people

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Hahahaha lol but there is SOME nice people on there lol hahaha and some good advice but ca is better ^_^ much better people, damm i thought you were being serious i need a challenge i designed a 32 cube 36 hz enclosure for 4 18's yesterday ^_^ that was... interesting but i have never done something like a dozen r types

*SlappinAzz*
05-18-2010, 07:11 AM
King....seriously.....charge like 5 bucks, youd still be one of the cheapest designers out there. Money is good.

JarvisB
05-18-2010, 08:21 AM
King....seriously.....charge like 5 bucks, youd still be one of the cheapest designers out there. Money is good.

x2, I would post your previous boxes(designs) to show your work and experience

nateberrier
05-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Lol gtfo SMD brah. Id pay 5 bucks for any box

on1wheel01
05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Yea $5 is stupid cheap. Everybody thinks he's the loudest of anybody. Just cuz he goes n shows ppl at malls that don't know **** about audio. Don't get me wrong his **** is bangin but I've seen tons here that kill his.

BushJ311
05-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Need a box for an 07 cobalt
12" re mt
1500 -2k rms
tuned around 35

How about up to 3 ft wide
14.5" tall
20 deep

prefer depth to be shorter if possible

Need a double baffle on that

lil98cabrio
05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
how about one for a

98 dodge neon
4 SSA dcons
1200 watts for power
tuned to about 30hz or lower

width-33"
Depth-27"
High-18.5

also would like to be able to seal the trunk off if possible.

matt_2_2011
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM
max dimensions:depth35, height16, length35
sub: 15" Rd heavyweight v2
amp: something 3k+
car-2000 daewoo nubira
tuning preference-33

hatedonmostly
05-18-2010, 08:43 AM
- MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS (MOST IMPORTANT)
- What subs and how many
- What amp/s
- What Car
- Tuning Preferance

-1.5 ft^3 net
-12" RE Audio RE reconed with Rockford Fosgate Punch Z softparts
-Undecided
-1998 Ford Contour
-35 Hz

on1wheel01
05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
jeez ppl grubbin for a free design just for ****s sake. I'm sure they will never build it

hatedonmostly
05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
jeez ppl grubbin for a free design just for ****s sake. I'm sure they will never build it

What's your deal? I can design a box myself, but why not have him do it if he WANTS to?

on1wheel01
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
If you can do it yourself then don't bother this guy. He said only 2 designs so let ppl who really need it get them. Thats my problem. I needed a design for a box im building for my car this week. I design also, so did i ask him to do it?? No I did it myself.

hatedonmostly
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
If you can do it yourself then don't bother this guy. He said only 2 designs so let ppl who really need it get them. Thats my problem. I needed a design for a box im building for my car this week. I design also, so did i ask him to do it?? No I did it myself.

:crying: shut the **** up

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Lol gtfo SMD brah. Id pay 5 bucks for any box
Hahahah i could but i would rather the respect over money ^_^

x2, I would post your previous boxes(designs) to show your work and experience
Here ya go, look at my albums ^_^ the ones that look ebtter are my newest designs.
ENCLOSURES pictures by kingtube69 - Photobucket (http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/kingtube69/ENCLOSURES/)
Enclosure designs pictures by kingtube69 - Photobucket (http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/kingtube69/Enclosure%20designs/)

Hahaha yeah like i said above respect ;)

on1wheel01
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
:crying: shut the **** up

Yea sure bro.

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
how about one for a

98 dodge neon
4 SSA dcons
1200 watts for power
tuned to about 30hz or lower

width-33"
Depth-27"
High-18.5

also would like to be able to seal the trunk off if possible.

umm i could probably do subs up port back if you want?

kingtube69
05-18-2010, 09:29 PM
max dimensions:depth35, height16, length35
sub: 15" Rd heavyweight v2
amp: something 3k+
car-2000 daewoo nubira
tuning preference-33

Im only designing people enclosures if your serious about it, do you have an amp? if not yet, please get the amp then ask me .

wenn_du_weinst
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I need a horn loaded series tuned 6th order for 2 shocker sig 12's on 7k each what can you do?

:)

on1wheel01
05-18-2010, 10:39 PM
pwned

Theride
05-18-2010, 10:55 PM
My box is made Im now carpeting it.

collin.k
05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS (MOST IMPORTANT)
- What subs and how many
- What amp/s
- What Car
- Tuning Preferance

48"width max
30" depth (can be larger/smaller whatever)
17" high

2 premier champion pro 12" subs
1 hifonics hfi 2000d
honda accord
tuning pref: 32-36 hz

this is going to be a backseat box, and i'm planning on mounitng the amp to an amp rack on the back of the box, facing into the trunk
if you can do it, thanks alot man i'd appreciate it

AudioDave
05-19-2010, 03:41 AM
- MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS (MOST IMPORTANT) see below
- What subs and how many 4 Emenince 15" Pro
- What amp/s 1 Blade Audio 1001MS
- What Car 2002 Voyager
- Tuning Preferance 22-29hz

Whats most important is that I have either a 24db linkwitz riley time aligned rolloff or a sloped and balanced 24db 6th order butterworth rolloff. 12 or 18 wont work. Need the VAS and all internal dimensions to fit less than 15CF no isometrics. The whole van can be used so size isnt really an issue for the install.

Go2Sleep
05-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Out of curiosity and interest.

Any experience in designing 4th Order Bandpasses???

RJesus
05-19-2010, 04:01 AM
sub = I have a 12'' dc lvl 4
amp = AQ1200d
If the sub isn't going to fit this type of build, or you think theres a better sub for the job, then just let me know w/e it is. I'd be willing to spend around $400 on a sub.
car = 2002 mazda protege sedan
Any tuning between 15-20hz is fine
i'd like the high end to be anywhere between 40-60 hz, around 60hz would be great but if the space won't allow for that then its ok if its below that.
I'd like a 4th order bandpass, ported into the cabin through the rear deck, trunk will be sealed off.
The sealed camber will be in the spare tire well, the driver will be mounted on an angle; maybe about 45 degrees. if you have a better idea just let me know.
above the spare tire well I have:
L x H x D
28'' x 18'' x 14''
Between the box and the rear seat, there is more space with these dimensions:
28'' x 16.5'' x 3''

The spare tire well has a hump in the middle with a circumference of 44'', height of about 4''. according to my calculations it takes up about 0.4 cu ft. its almost a circle, but its a little flat at the bottom. I can get pictures if you want.
the spare tire well itself has a diameter of 25'', height of 7''.

In the max height (18''), you have to factor in 3/4'' for a floor of MDF.
If space is needed for the sealed chamber in the spare tire well, you can raise the height (which will affect the max height of the rest of the enclosure unless you make it a step-design).
For the spare tire well, you should subtract about an inch for padding/soundeadening/fiberglass. This will increase the size of the center hump by about .5'' and the outer circle will be about .5'' smaller.

I have a 6x9 speaker hole in the rear deck, but if I have to I can use a sawsall and cut through the sheet metal in the rear deck to make it however big you want the port into the cabin to be.

In front of the box (the very back of the car/trunk where the lid opens) there will be about 17'' of extra space, and to the right side of the box there will be about 8'' of space. I'd like to keep this for trunk space, but if the enclosure needs more space, I can take some space up.
The port into the cabin will need to be higher than the 'max height' (18''). the max height for the box accounts for metal bars on the top of my trunk. the port into the cabin can even exceed into the cabin, I have to measure this but it might be able to be up to about 25''-30'' high.

all measurements are in inches, not drawn to scale.
http://i48.tinypic.com/33pczk4.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/qx6l5j.jpg

Yeah, its pretty crazy, but I'm completely serious about it.
Right now i'm fiberglassing my entire interior (dash, door pods, everything plastic). front stage is a zed kronos powering a set of hertz MLK 165 comps.
I'm 100% serious about this. I'd be willing to pay for the design upfront.

AudioDave
05-19-2010, 04:58 AM
sub = I have a 12'' dc lvl 4
amp = AQ1200d
If the sub isn't going to fit this type of build, or you think theres a better sub for the job, then just let me know w/e it is. I'd be willing to spend around $400 on a sub.
car = 2002 mazda protege sedan
Any tuning between 15-20hz is fine
i'd like the high end to be anywhere between 40-60 hz, around 60hz would be great but if the space won't allow for that then its ok if its below that.
I'd like a 4th order bandpass, ported into the cabin through the rear deck, trunk will be sealed off.
The sealed camber will be in the spare tire well, the driver will be mounted on an angle; maybe about 45 degrees. if you have a better idea just let me know.
above the spare tire well I have:
L x H x D
28'' x 18'' x 14''
Between the box and the rear seat, there is more space with these dimensions:
28'' x 16.5'' x 3''

The spare tire well has a hump in the middle with a circumference of 44'', height of about 4''. according to my calculations it takes up about 0.4 cu ft. its almost a circle, but its a little flat at the bottom. I can get pictures if you want.
the spare tire well itself has a diameter of 25'', height of 7''.

In the max height (18''), you have to factor in 3/4'' for a floor of MDF.
If space is needed for the sealed chamber in the spare tire well, you can raise the height (which will affect the max height of the rest of the enclosure unless you make it a step-design).
For the spare tire well, you should subtract about an inch for padding/soundeadening/fiberglass. This will increase the size of the center hump by about .5'' and the outer circle will be about .5'' smaller.

I have a 6x9 speaker hole in the rear deck, but if I have to I can use a sawsall and cut through the sheet metal in the rear deck to make it however big you want the port into the cabin to be.

In front of the box (the very back of the car/trunk where the lid opens) there will be about 17'' of extra space, and to the right side of the box there will be about 8'' of space. I'd like to keep this for trunk space, but if the enclosure needs more space, I can take some space up.
The port into the cabin will need to be higher than the 'max height' (18''). the max height for the box accounts for metal bars on the top of my trunk. the port into the cabin can even exceed into the cabin, I have to measure this but it might be able to be up to about 25''-30'' high.

all measurements are in inches, not drawn to scale.
http://i48.tinypic.com/33pczk4.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/qx6l5j.jpg

Yeah, its pretty crazy, but I'm completely serious about it.
Right now i'm fiberglassing my entire interior (dash, door pods, everything plastic). front stage is a zed kronos powering a set of hertz MLK 165 comps.
I'm 100% serious about this. I'd be willing to pay for the design upfront.

LOL ok I wasnt serious, it would take him and 50 friends to do mine neverthless this mess... sorry kid. When you said wasnt to scale it made me think of Back to the Future Doc!

kingtube69
05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Sorry to disapoint, im not doing 4th orders for now, i dont have time to do that.

blackdrag450r
05-19-2010, 10:14 PM
have you updated yet?? if not i'm sorry, but i will post this anyway...
max dimensions: L=32" W=18" H=13.5"
1 fully loaded Fi Btl 12"
audioque 2200d
97 grand am coupe
32hz
thanks

matt_2_2011
05-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Im only designing people enclosures if your serious about it, do you have an amp? if not yet, please get the amp then ask me .

Yeah I have an RD 2200.1 right now but I plan on changing soon to something that does 3k.

hatedonmostly
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
This guy made me an awesome box design. :) Bump