PDA

View Full Version : pioneer head units stop working.

coleadcock
05-18-2010, 01:52 AM
I had a pioneer hear unit in my jeep and it worked fine, i had to replace my battery and then it stopped working. I checked all my fuses and they were fine. So i just put my stock head unit in and it worked fine then i bought a new pioneer head unit about 6 months later and it worked fine, and i used the same little wire harness that i had from my old one. then I left my lights on and my battery drained, I boosted it off of no more head unit. put my stock one back and it works fine. what is wrong. I mean i have wired up a bunch of head units and i have gone over the wires time and time again and there fine.

coleadcock
05-18-2010, 04:38 PM
nobody?

Justyn93
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Try using the Reset button when you pop off the faceplate it might be behind it?
Could be a theft feature read your manuals.

raverx3m
05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
theres a fuse on the pioneer unit as well.
its hidden by the power plug.
but try resetting it as well

coleadcock
05-18-2010, 11:53 PM
I have checked the fuse. and its a jeep wrangler so there is no theft thing. and i havent done the reset thing but i will in the morning

IMOVeCHICKENS!
05-19-2010, 01:24 AM
sounds like user error to me shits bound to **** up if you let your battery drain to null...

nateberrier
05-19-2010, 01:26 AM
those harnesses on the pioneers need reseated occasionally

jgruberman
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
those harnesses on the pioneers need reseated occasionally

I had the same Pioneer in for three years, never had a single problem with reseating.

Back to topic, did you check the fuse inline on the battery lead?

coleadcock
05-19-2010, 11:18 AM
yeah all the fuses are fine. i can plug a different pioneer in the same exact harness and it will work fine.

jgruberman
05-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Is the ground from the harness connected to a grounding point, or is it just cut not going anywhere?

Some decks need a ground to work, some don't.

coleadcock
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
so i hooked it up to my booster box and tried to get it to work, nothing. got pissed and hit the **** out of it. works just fine now.

jgruberman
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
so i hooked it up to my booster box and tried to get it to work, nothing. got pissed and hit the **** out of it. works just fine now.

Wow. Well then... perhaps you're better suited off for the anger management forum. Seems it may have helped you more than this one did in this case :laugh:

raverx3m
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
lol violence works just fine when everything else fails.

i fixed many electronic things by banging them against something.

or even punching when it comes to that.