PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDE-102 - problems with bad sound quality

TookayS2K
05-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Hello,
I just installed an Alpine CDE-102. When using the AUX input w/ Iphone or USB thumb drive with music on it, the sound quality is horrible. My 10" subwoofer is hardly even moving, if at all.

When playing the radio, sound quality is dramatically improved and my sub works perfectly. I usually though this happens the other way around....

Anyway, I just ordered a full speed ipod cable so I'm not sure how that will be.

Any ideas?

TookayS2K
05-18-2010, 08:04 PM
bump for some help.

raverx3m
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
the EQ is source independent on alot of newer units.

check the settings for each source.

usb music is decoded by the unit itsself, meaning its same as playing CD.

put a cd in and see if that still happens.

TookayS2K
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Guyver :thumbupw:

I've tried setting checking and adjusting the EQ for each source and nothing changes. I'll try to put in a cd later tonight.

Is there a difference in which sub out I use? There's a red/white on the bottoma nd red/white on the top.

sulin's baby
05-20-2010, 06:28 PM
I had the same problem...as stated the EQ is diferent for each source. I simply readjusted and the problem was fixed.

raverx3m
05-21-2010, 01:53 AM
theres only one sub output.
read the manual if you not sure.
i cant remember either.

i belive that one has 2 outs
front and rear/sub selectable. which means you have to manually set it to sub output(default is rear)

btw what i didnt realize is

how good are your MP3 quality?
and what eq settings you have on your ipod
(should be flat whel plugged into aux)

TookayS2K
05-22-2010, 07:07 AM
I had the same problem...as stated the EQ is diferent for each source. I simply readjusted and the problem was fixed.

I've tried adjusting the EQs with difference for each source but nothing changes. I'll try again today... I havent' really had that much time to sit down and really go through it. Also, are you having troubles with your USB source taking forever to play? I'm guessing it's cause of my 16GB usb. I'll be trying a smaller one to see if it helps.

TookayS2K
05-22-2010, 07:10 AM
theres only one sub output.
read the manual if you not sure.
i cant remember either.

i belive that one has 2 outs
front and rear/sub selectable. which means you have to manually set it to sub output(default is rear)

btw what i didnt realize is

how good are your MP3 quality?
and what eq settings you have on your ipod
(should be flat whel plugged into aux)

Yeah, there's two sub outs. The top one worked when I was installing it HU but the bottom one didn't. I guess I have to manually set it like you stated.

My MP3 quality is great. I've tried plenty of different of difference songs and I'm sure quality is not the problem here. I've tried all the settings on my iphone and it hardly changes.

Again, I'll be toying around with it today since I finally have some time. I'll be sure to update with my details.

BTW, what do you guys think about the CDA-105? It seems like a much better unit than my CDE-102... Does it lack anything when comparing?

Thanks guys.

TookayS2K
05-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Ok, so I just messed around with it and definitely no bass even though I set bass/sub on max when on USB/AUX/CD.

I also noticed when I changed my source to from radio to USB/AUX/CD there's no power to my amp. The LEDs on the amp will only light up when its on TUNER.

TookayS2K
05-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Did a quick google search and I'm 99.9% sure that I wired wrong.