PDA

View Full Version : Which way should i face sub box in my truck?

JoeRa22
05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
I've got a 2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab and i plan on removing the rear seat, replacing it with a sub box. I was thinking subs down w/ the port firing off into the passenger side. I have yet to decide on the subs/amp, but it will most likely be either a single 15" or dual 12's w/ around 2k-3k power wise for either.

If anybody that is in a similar situation would like to give me some input it would be much appreciated.

dasinde91
05-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I have 2 12" Sundown Nightshades & a SAZ3500d I can sell you & you are from Chicago hmmmm that sounds like we might have to meet up. The way I would decide to do the box is subs & port firing up.

JoeRa22
05-16-2010, 01:22 AM
I have 2 12" Sundown Nightshades & a SAZ3500d I can sell you & you are from Chicago hmmmm that sounds like we might have to meet up. The way I would decide to do the box is subs & port firing up.

Got me an amp, so i'm gonna have to pass on that. What are you looking to get for the subs though?

goingdef
05-16-2010, 01:37 AM

He's right the last two truck I worked on I ended up sub/port up are the best I could find in both trucks, but neither person was willing to lose the back seats so I have never had the chance to try loading off the back wall of the cab so you have a few more choices. I would borrow a sub from a friend and test different directions in the truck with that to see what give you the best sq or spl.

Slo_Ride
05-17-2010, 05:01 PM
You will get different answers because everyones setup is different, but I have tried subs up and subs forward. I've always liked subs forward, wall style. I usually build more than one box and experiment until I find what I like best. Not always an option for those who dont build their own boxes though.

JoeRa22
05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Im gonna build my own box so i can do a few to try things out without it costing me a **** ton. I guess i'll just try as many different options as i can, i'll post the results after i get it up and running. Most likely gonna end up with maybe a DD 9915 and just let it have all 3k watts. I would like to do 2 12's 3512's for a little more port area, but i don't know how much better it would be since they would have to split the wattage.