PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try using a laptop through there deck before

crfrider
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok well im thinking of putting a computer in my tahoe, well eventually I want to install a 10.2 inch touchscreen monitor and a apple mac-mini pc in the tahoe, where I would have full blown wi-fi, and tons of opitions, but for now i was thinking of just using my laptop so i could remove easy, and i mainly want my itunes, well I was thinking first to get the 10 inch and hook it up to my laptop and also would have my kenwood ddx-812 as my deck for my stereo, i was told i would need a audio 3.5mm jack from my laptop conevrted to rcas to my deck for audio, then have a VGA from my laptop go to a converter that splits the signal to a VGA out to the monitor and a RCA video to the Deck, and a usb for the touchscreen control, ok now i want to use my deck as my cd/dvd player and would want it to also run on the 10 inch screen well the dvd only plays on the dvd source so I guess i would need to have a rca out from the deck to the monitor? cause the computer would probally have to run on the AV1 Source? any help or ideas, Also I was wodnering if there was any way I could just use my deck as the touchscreen monitor temporalry as the screen, it does have 2 USB inputs and touchscreen

*SlappinAzz*
05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok well im thinking of putting a computer in my tahoe, well eventually I want to install a 10.2 inch touchscreen monitor and a apple mac-mini pc in the tahoe, where I would have full blown wi-fi, and tons of opitions, but for now i was thinking of just using my laptop so i could remove easy, and i mainly want my itunes, well I was thinking first to get the 10 inch and hook it up to my laptop and also would have my kenwood ddx-812 as my deck for my stereo, i was told i would need a audio 3.5mm jack from my laptop conevrted to rcas to my deck for audio, then have a VGA from my laptop go to a converter that splits the signal to a VGA out to the monitor and a RCA video to the Deck, and a usb for the touchscreen control, ok now i want to use my deck as my cd/dvd player and would want it to also run on the 10 inch screen well the dvd only plays on the dvd source so I guess i would need to have a rca out from the deck to the monitor? cause the computer would probally have to run on the AV1 Source? any help or ideas, Also I was wodnering if there was any way I could just use my deck as the touchscreen monitor temporalry as the screen, it does have 2 USB inputs and touchscreen

*******, spaces, and maybe separate them into paragraphs, instead of one big block of text.

Blasphemy
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM

This sounds vaguely familiar. Hmm... Where have I seen this done before?

*SlappinAzz*
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
This sounds vaguely familiar. Hmm... Where have I seen this done before?

I think that woman did the same thing, you know, steve meade?

Blasphemy
05-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I think that woman did the same thing, you know, steve meade?

Word.:laugh:

nateberrier
05-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Using a standard PC is a stupid idea. Great way to ruin your hard drive bouncing it down the road and bumping with it. Even if you were to use a Mac mini youd still need a special carriage for teh HDD. Have fun with this.