PDA

View Full Version : i need help please respond!!

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I just set up my system in my room i got 4 6x9s (im guessin 100 rms) 200W pioneer and 2 100rms 300w peak i forgot the name of the other brand but it sounds better then the pioneers. but my problem is none are in boxs (yes i know that would incresse the bass and sound) im working on it A regular home theter sub i think its yamaha 95 watt sub and a pegusas audio 10in 350rms 700 peak i also got mutiple speakers all kentwood bose and some offbrand 10 in sub i have a 200W amp Jensen Mosfet power i just copped from a buddie of mine and I kinda wanted some help from someone who knows there **** ill have pics very soon but in the mean time can somebody tell me what im doing wrong because i know im messing up somewhere my weak speakers are all bridged together like the 2 bose that ****** 10 in sub which i personaly think is a speaker and a outdoor speaker i stole from my dad all hooked up to my 4.1 reciver thats old as hell:confused: ....can someone tell me step by step how to perfect my system make it like ya know actually slamming like a car would? and all my 6x9s and hooked up to my reciver yes i know that makes me sound like a straght iddoit but its just for now

JL Audio
05-14-2010, 09:49 AM
nothing good will come of this thread.

nateberrier
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
You could start with spelling check and not using giant run on sentences. The only sense I can make of that ball of words is that you have a bunch of mixed up car and home audio that you are throwing together in hopes that it will sound loud and awesome.

SoundConnection
05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Buy actual home theater speakers. If you are too cheap to do that you need to know the load that your reciever will run at (home is typically 8 ohms or 4 ohms) Hooking a bunch of random speakers to this is a quick way to fry all your channels. Get or make some 6 x 9 boxes otherwise your speakers aren't doing you any good. There is so much to say to your questions......simple answer......STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!! Way wrong way to do this and is not safe for the equipment and will not sound good at all.

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
alright my bad bro I just set up my system in my room i got 4 6x9s (im guessing 100 rms) 200W pioneer and 2 100rms 300w peak i forgot the name of the other brand but it sounds better then the pioneers. but my problem is none are in boxs (yes i know that would incresse the bass and sound) im working on it. A regular home theter sub i think its yamaha 95 watt sub and a pegusas audio 10in 350rms 700 peak. I also got mutiple speakers all kentwood bose and some offbrand 10 in sub i have a 200W amp Jensen Mosfet power i just got from a buddy of mine and I kinda wanted some help from someone who knows there ****. Ill have pictures very soon but in the mean time can somebody tell me what im doing wrong because i know im messing up somewhere my weak speakers are all bridged together like the 2 bose that ****** 10 in sub which i personaly think is a speaker and a outdoor speaker i stole from my dad all hooked up to my 4.1 reciver thats old as hell ....can someone tell me step by step how to perfect my system make it like ya know actually slamming like a car would? and all my 6x9s and hooked up to my reciver yes i know that makes me sound like a straght iddoit but its just for now and yes thats pretty much what im going im a 15 yr old kid whos trying to have a ****** set up in his room im good at wireing and figureing out what im doing wrong but i just need someone who can correct my mistakes

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:05 AM
naww my system sounds fine i actually think its better then what some of my friends have in there cars i just want to do this properly

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:08 AM
i was wondering should i buy another battery and amp for the 6x9s? keep the home speakers at the 8ohms as they should on my reciver and then what?

nateberrier
05-14-2010, 10:12 AM
alright my bad bro I just set up my system in my room i got 4 6x9s (im guessing 100 rms) 200W pioneer and 2 100rms 300w peak i forgot the name of the other brand but it sounds better then the pioneers. but my problem is none are in boxs (yes i know that would incresse the bass and sound) im working on it. A regular home theter sub i think its yamaha 95 watt sub and a pegusas audio 10in 350rms 700 peak. I also got mutiple speakers all kentwood bose and some offbrand 10 in sub i have a 200W amp Jensen Mosfet power i just got from a buddy of mine and I kinda wanted some help from someone who knows there ****. Ill have pictures very soon but in the mean time can somebody tell me what im doing wrong because i know im messing up somewhere my weak speakers are all bridged together like the 2 bose that ****** 10 in sub which i personaly think is a speaker and a outdoor speaker i stole from my dad all hooked up to my 4.1 reciver thats old as hell ....can someone tell me step by step how to perfect my system make it like ya know actually slamming like a car would? and all my 6x9s and hooked up to my reciver yes i know that makes me sound like a straght iddoit but its just for now and yes thats pretty much what im going im a 15 yr old kid whos trying to have a ****** set up in his room im good at wireing and figureing out what im doing wrong but i just need someone who can correct my mistakes

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! JUST STOP RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG. STOP with the run on sentences, the mismatched random speakers. the poor grammar. just stop. You dont know what youre doing at all and youre going to ruin your equipment.

nateberrier
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! JUST STOP RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG. STOP with the run on sentences, the mismatched random speakers. the poor grammar. just stop. You dont know what youre doing at all and youre going to ruin your equipment.

JL Audio
05-14-2010, 10:15 AM

cccccccccooooommmbbboooo bbbrrreeeaakkkkkeeerrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:30 AM
ura lil ***** man all i wanted was some help and u go start treating me

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
and i dont **** a fukc about me and my runon sentences what r u a teacher

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
anyone besides this dude wanna help me i really need it

JL Audio
05-14-2010, 10:35 AM
anyone besides this dude wanna help me i really need it

well since you can't say **** **** *** ***** and all that. ...

**** no. <--- ( get it?)

Wrong move calling people names on this site bro.. I already told you, nothing good will come of this thread. Just stop with your ****** system, do more research and learn from it.

Greekchaos666
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
My systems fine bro it really is. You all can say it ***** naww it slams. I just need somebody to show me what im doing wrong to improve it

JL Audio
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
My systems fine bro it really is. You all can say it ***** it DOES. I just need somebody to show me what im doing wrong to improve it

This Thread, you're still posting in it and not taking advice.

SoundConnection
05-14-2010, 11:33 AM
It can't slam, bro! Your front wave and back waves aren't separated. This is the purpose of an enclosure. I don't know how bad your friends cars sound for this set up to remote sound like anything resembling good sound. Like I said you need enclosures for the speakers first off. Without that you will get no where. I was you in my younger days, 12-13 years old. No one was there to tell me I was doing things very wrong and possibly damaging my equipment. I broke a lot of stuff learning what I know now. Stop what you are doing. Learn about ohms and enclosures and some basic theory on how sound and speakers work. Just hooking up stuff and not having the slighest clue as to what you are doing isn't a good way to learn, unless you got a lot of money to waste.

Greekchaos666
05-17-2010, 09:17 AM
well its not good but yea thanks man i know i need boxes for everything i have them for my subs and yes i know all my ohms are completly messed up cars are 2-4 and home audio is 6-8 but even when still hooked up it still kicks out sound which in the end is all i really care about. i just need somebody to tell me how to make it so where these people stop *****ing and to just have a straght set up

......... and all i want is advice man so quit talkin **** to a kid

Greekchaos666
05-17-2010, 09:22 AM
and im not completly clueless with this stuff i just need pro help ive set my basic system up before with all home audio stuff just fine. I just got sick of not haveing enough bass and what i wanted in my music

SoundConnection
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
well its not good but yea thanks man i know i need boxes for everything i have them for my subs and yes i know all my ohms are completly messed up cars are 2-4 and home audio is 6-8 but even when still hooked up it still kicks out sound which in the end is all i really care about. i just need somebody to tell me how to make it so where these people stop *****ing and to just have a straght set up

I think I've been pretty good about not talking $hit to you. I've tried to tell you many times.....what you are doing is way wrong. I told you to make boxes for your speakers. That's your first step. If you don't have the speakers enclosed they will not sound good. More speakers does not equal better sound. Your mismatched collection of speakers is your problem. Good/ great home systems typically consist of a pair of tower speakers. That's all.

You keep saying you are trying to get good sound like in a car???? Cars try to achieve the sound, imaging and staging that a good two speaker home system produces. Not the other way around. I've tried telling you to do some research on the theories of sound. Without this knowledge you won't get very far in your pursuit of good sound.

Is this for home theater or just music? Either way, first step: BUILD ENCLOSURES FOR YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!!! When you do this, pm me and I will try to help you further. If you post that no one is offering you useful advice again.......get bent!!!! I've tried numerous times to tell you what you need to do but for some reason you refuse to listen. Without enclosures you will get no where. Do you get it yet??????? BUILD ENCLOSURES!!!!!! BUILD ENCLOSURES!!!!!! BUILD ENCLOSURES!!!! BUILD ENCLOSURES!!!!!!!!

And just in case you still haven't gotten it.........to get good sound with what you have your first step is.........BUILD ENCLOSURES FOR YOUR SPEAKERS!!!

Greekchaos666
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
naww i was'nt talking about you to begin with i said thank you to you every time. im working on boxes right now but there hard to come by when u have no money but yea once again thanks alot for at least telling me that but i did know that from when i first got my 6x9s ill post pics if it matters but how it is set up and how the battery is exposed its pretty bad... just temp for now

Slo_Ride
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
**** made my head hurt

bread0710
05-18-2010, 06:22 PM

not true... cars can be less than 2 and more than 4....

Blasphemy
05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
**** made my head hurt

This.

FenixAudio
05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
My systems fine bro it really is. You all can say it ***** naww it slams. I just need somebody to show me what im doing wrong to improve it

isnt the definition of insanity trying something over and over again and expecting a different result?

norrizzle90
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
so what u think ur hittin in your room, 146db'z?

sleazebagger
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
nothing good will come of this thread.

:laugh:

sleazebagger
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

sleazebagger
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blasphemy
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM

160 deebeez bro. Get it right.

sleazebagger
05-18-2010, 09:03 PM
160 deebeez bro. Get it right.

DeesNutts'z

Jaredturp
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm 16 and I need to tell you now. Shut up. Jesus. You can't improve it past what you have without buying a new amp, actual home speakers, and making a box for God's sake. There is a reason that all speakers have baffles.

Blasphemy
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm 16 and I need to tell you now. Shut up. Jesus. You can't improve it past what you have without buying a new amp, actual home speakers, and making a box for God's sake. There is a reason that all speakers have baffles.

This.

IamDeMan
05-20-2010, 11:47 AM
My Grandma and your Grandma sittin by the fire . . .

Greekchaos666
05-21-2010, 10:35 AM
thats a ****** car bro 69 70 chevelle right?

Greekchaos666
05-21-2010, 10:39 AM
naww ur a straght iddiot for even saying that

JimJ
05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
yes i know that makes me sound like a straght iddoit

Well, as long as we're on the same page here.