PDA

View Full Version : Monday, May 31. Memorial day at BANDIMERE Speedway

sub-FATHER
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Monday, May 31st, Memorial Day at BANDIMERE Speedway in Morrison Colorado REST IN PEACE and the Low End Monsters will host the 1st annual HighSchool/PRO Stereo Competition.

this will be a SPLdrag race style SPL competition for loudest in class! this is meter placement anywhere in front of the A Piller.(doors open, trunk open whatever) with

there will be a Highschool devision AND a PRO devision to enter into, which will be for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophys

Highschool power classes
1.) 0 - 1500watt
2.) 1501watt+

&

PRO will be a Power Class
1.) 0-1500watt
2.) 1501-3000watt
3.) 3001+6000watt
4.) 6001watt +

and there will be A LOUDEST OF THE DAY trophy given as well

this will be a $21.00 entry fee for competitors and the spectators fee is $14.00

gates open at 8:00am and registration will begin, and run till 12:30 you MUST be registered and in the gates by 12:30, Competition starts at 1:00pm

this will be a DBdrag style event with elimination rounds. you beat the guy next to you and move on to face the next etc.... to the finals! loudest recorded score of the day will win LOUDEST OF THE DAY, regardless if something blows and are unable to make it to the finals.

for information call 720 877 5536

d-REW
05-14-2010, 01:29 AM
ha good ole high school drags i remmeber hitting this up in 2001 got stomped too if i remember it was just 1 single class then did a good ole 134 with 2 type r's and 2 little *** mtx 250 watt amps in a prefab sealed box lol.

sub-FATHER
05-14-2010, 02:29 AM
I want to turn these kids into BASSHEADS!

Not CRACKHEADS. lol....

Winter_C
05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok...Where is Bandimere speedway?

If its not liek a 100hr drive for me lol, i'll think about coming down, I'm in highschool :fyi: and I do more tahn 134's lol

Winter_C
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Eh...Fml, I'm assuming it's in Denver, or very near? And Thats a 600 mile drive...Idk if my little REX would take that lol...

d-REW
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Its in Morrison Colorado about 18 miles west of Denver.

sub-FATHER
05-14-2010, 09:47 PM
that would be cool as **** if you came out!

dextermoped
05-18-2010, 09:00 AM
So your getting like 21 trophies for this show? thats a lot. Any bassrace/control? I'll be there if I can get some subs that'll work with my amp.

sub-FATHER
05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
i updated the rules and classes for this event. check em out, this aughta be good

dextermoped
05-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I like it a lot! No more going up against James(CRX) with his 2-saz300d strapped at god knows what 1> Ohm. Efficency and install sounds like whats gonna win it. now the only question is if a competitor has a 3000W@1 ohm amp and has it running at .5 ohm not calculating in box rise is he 1500-3000 class or 3000+ class. Not trying to be a ********, so I dont know if we're following USACI rules governing that or something. Its my first season competing and im hooked.

d-REW
05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
not bad ill most likley be skipping this one though need to add more second skin.

dextermoped
05-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Its seems difficult to come up with classes since we dont have boatloads of people competing. I like the 4 ohm or 1/4 of 1 ohm rules. Makes it seem fair since we'd all have similar amps...I guess it'd really **** for the guys running pyramid amps.

d-REW
05-19-2010, 12:44 AM
4ohm rating would be best like USACI only issue i see like you said people with over rated amps that dont do 5k (ie power acustik) ending up in the highest classes. also are you (james)checking everyones rides personally to make sure amps are what are said?

dextermoped
05-19-2010, 12:59 AM
That might get too complicated. Its getting warm enough that people are showing off what they have. And if somebody really needs to cheat to win then they can have the trophy, I'm after the pride of getting a first place. It means nothing if you have to cheat, but bending/stretching the rules thats a different story...

d-REW
05-19-2010, 01:09 AM
deleted

sub-FATHER
05-19-2010, 03:44 AM
so your gonna tap out huh drew?

this is how I want to do this event. we are gonna actually clamp meter your set up, and voltage and see what your actual power is!! this way everyone can actually see how its done, and we can find out for sure what class you are in and how much REAL POWER your pulling. unless your wires are in an ungodly area to do so!

sub-FATHER
05-19-2010, 03:58 AM
also $21 entry fee should be every reason in the book to show up and compete in this event.

d-REW
05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
so your gonna tap out huh drew?

this is how I want to do this event. we are gonna actually clamp meter your set up, and voltage and see what your actual power is!! this way everyone can actually see how its done, and we can find out for sure what class you are in and how much REAL POWER your pulling. unless your wires are in an ungodly area to do so!

if the show goes smoother ill think about it that springs show was way too long for amount of people.

2loudcrew
05-20-2010, 02:46 AM
How long is event going to last if you are going to be using clamp meter? Do you have two of same clamp meters to do head to head drag racing?

sub-FATHER
05-20-2010, 03:55 AM
no i thought of clamping their system for their initial spl run just for fun and to also put em in the right class!, but this is just a thought that i had! do yo u think its too much?

dextermoped
05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
I think youre doing a good job of promoting shows and growing the scene. I wouldve been happy with my system if I didn't know how quiet it was. With that said, organization at the shows can be worked on a little, and If we're clamping all the cars too it might get out of hand. Its your show and I don't wanna tell you how to run it but we should just take people's word as to what they're running. I hope no one is shallow enough to have to lie to win.

sub-FATHER
05-20-2010, 12:50 PM
no i just thought we could clamp meter the vehicles for fun, but it could serve a second purpose as well. and its not your word we go by its the knowledge of what you amplifer puts out at the ohm load its at. not the 4ohm rating. this is actual power rating and the clamping of that would give every competitor insight into what their system really does.

Nismofreak
05-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Dam $14 for spectators. I would come to it but can't afford it.

d-REW
05-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Dam $14 for spectators. I would come to it but can't afford it.

spectator fee does **** but its a full drag race event so it mainly covers to watch that. 21 isnt too bad for the Spl show better off signing up and chilling in the pits with your ride then walking 2 miles from the parking lot to the pits lol.

dextermoped
05-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Wait, is drag only for high school students or can we too? I have an old school bug(1974) that does high 13's and I was trying to get low 13's. Unfortunately speed lost to SPL on the money game but I still love to bang gears.

d-REW
05-24-2010, 12:02 AM
high school only this event use to be only high school but james found a loop hole allowing us to enter the spl contest lol.
so be prepared for tons and tons of youngsters usually a huge event.

dextermoped
05-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Thats probably for the best, I don't know if my ego can handle being beaten by some 16 year old...

d-REW
05-24-2010, 01:02 AM
i hear that most of them bring some of their parents cars i remember seeing a shelby cobra driven by a girl one time.

sub-FATHER
05-24-2010, 02:22 AM
well this event is something i've wanted to hold for a long time. and bring car audio back to denver and i believe this is the place.

d-REW
05-24-2010, 02:37 AM
well this event is something i've wanted to hold for a long time. and bring car audio back to denver and i believe this is the place.

need to try and get a show at the world tuner challenge sept 19

TnT_Sounds
05-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Wait, is drag only for high school students or can we too? I have an old school bug(1974) that does high 13's and I was trying to get low 13's. Unfortunately speed lost to SPL on the money game but I still love to bang gears.

You running a bussa motor in your bug?

dextermoped
05-25-2010, 12:24 AM
1914CC dual webs, counterweight "knifededged" crank, MSD ignition, standalone secondary fuel management, few other secrets, and enough squeeze to kill myself a few times over. I love my bottle fed bug but its hard to drive a car that was designed with 31 hp in design with 4x that much power. That and my wife doesnt like when I pick the front tires off the ground I don't always land straight. So if you know anyone that needs to trade car audio for a Beast of a Type I motor i'm your guy.

TnT_Sounds
05-25-2010, 03:35 AM
1914CC dual webs, counterweight "knifededged" crank, MSD ignition, standalone secondary fuel management, few other secrets, and enough squeeze to kill myself a few times over. I love my bottle fed bug but its hard to drive a car that was designed with 31 hp in design with 4x that much power. That and my wife doesnt like when I pick the front tires off the ground I don't always land straight. So if you know anyone that needs to trade car audio for a Beast of a Type I motor i'm your guy.

sounds like it would hold its own, dual webs are pretty good sleepers. You ever thought about bringing it to the Armdrops at Bandimere? Rich Christansen from PINKs puts it on and the Speed channel brodcasts it. Its a pretty neat bracket race, I lost last year because I broke out of my bracket. There was a 2* change in the berometer and my 5.0 ran about a 1/3 faster causing me to bust. I was pissed but it was hella fun. I was running 13.6's then, I'm hopin to run 11's this year. I used to have a z28 that ran 11's on pump gas here at PMI so anything over that feels slow. I refuse to go to the bottle. My motto is bottles are for babies. But Dudas LX stang is bottled and makes my heart race everytime I see it.

d-REW
05-25-2010, 03:46 AM
pinks is actually coming back in aug too 12-14 did u hit that up too travis? i remmeber it was raining like crazy when it was here.

TnT_Sounds
05-25-2010, 03:51 AM
pinks is actually coming back in aug too 12-14 did u hit that up too travis? i remmeber it was raining like crazy when it was here.

I was there last year with my 5.0. The 29th I think it was? It was only rainy in the afternoon. I had already done my 3 pulls in the morning to get classed.

I should be there again this year as long as my mechanic friend gets my heads flowed in time. It's the 14th of august if I remember.

dextermoped
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I refuse to go to the bottle. My motto is bottles are for babies. The car isn't dedicated to racing, its a baja So I try not to run a stroker motor or a turbo on it. Need it to be simple because I used to go camping in it. And speed is speed, doesnt matter how you get there. Then again I blow up my engine it costs me less than $400 to fix, im going out on a limb and saying your 5.0 costs a good deal more. Good luck to you on trying to break into 11s. I kinda gave up on racing after trying to get to low 13's with little results, but high 13's for a car that ran it in 19+ when I bought it isn't too bad I think.

sub-FATHER
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
i love milk ***** as my bottle

TnT_Sounds
05-26-2010, 02:10 AM
The car isn't dedicated to racing, its a baja So I try not to run a stroker motor or a turbo on it. Need it to be simple because I used to go camping in it. And speed is speed, doesnt matter how you get there. Then again I blow up my engine it costs me less than $400 to fix, im going out on a limb and saying your 5.0 costs a good deal more. Good luck to you on trying to break into 11s. I kinda gave up on racing after trying to get to low 13's with little results, but high 13's for a car that ran it in 19+ when I bought it isn't too bad I think.

That dont mean you cant run it at the strip. Shoot last weekend at PMI guys were running stock Hyundais on the bottle. And with 5.0's they are pretty cheap to work on. But no $400 fixes :(

d-REW
05-29-2010, 03:08 AM
so whos all planning on going to this?

stevew007
05-29-2010, 07:32 PM
well i wont be going i just had to get a new windsheild put in and i asked the guy about it he said it will take 3 days for it too set.

sub-FATHER
05-30-2010, 03:03 AM
dude your windshield will b fine by monday afternoon! its hot out that **** cures fast

sub-FATHER
05-30-2010, 03:04 AM
the kids need to see that ****!

d-REW
06-01-2010, 03:19 AM
wow hs drags isnt what it use to be that place was dead!

atleast the spl show went well more organized this time A+.

dextermoped
06-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey Drew I have to know, Did you still have more on tap when you beat me? Im still happy that my system improved a full db and now I know my electrical ***** but I just have to know

sub-FATHER
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
nope thats what he had in the tank! SUGUR lol...

d-REW
06-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Hey Drew I have to know, Did you still have more on tap when you beat me? Im still happy that my system improved a full db and now I know my electrical ***** but I just have to know

i was playing 42HZ to keep it competitive but i was surprised it was that loud im usually louder at 46HZ i made a few changes and cant tell if they hurt or helped yet.

sub-FATHER
06-02-2010, 12:55 AM
where are all the videos?

dextermoped
06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Had to post some Vids of the show. My favorite has got to be James breaking his windshield with all the people hanging off of his car. I shouldve waited for him to post it but im inpatient

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxByB6wzHEk

And then a video of me inside my busted *** car. Half of the frustration and swearing is running a new amp w/o electrical to back it up and a sub we finished installing at 1 in the morning of the show. I also had to run my heater full blast since I blew my radiator on the way to the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEnhZTU6_XI

And here's a vid of the rematch when two guys tied scores

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXNYYXca2E

Hopefully James will hop on with the other vids I sent him for his channel.

dextermoped
06-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I didnt get home until 10 last night since I had to get my car towed. But ask and you shall receive.

PBateman
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry for the late videos folks. I've been out of town all week for work. :(

First video is James astro doing a hairtrick.
YouTube - James Astro at the bandimere Speedway show doing some hairtricks. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1mWyrLcgAU)

benny's first round vs. brandon:
YouTube - Benny's integra at the bandimere Speedway show against brandons focus. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGopXAAMpzg)

Benny's second round against Jesse's mustang:
YouTube - Benny's second round against Jesse's mustang at the bandimere Speedway show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euzs7neeLPU)

Drew's trailblazer. His first run of the day:
YouTube - Drew's ****** trailblazer at the bandimere Speedway show. Drew's first run of the day. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL2U7i_xWO4)

Finals run. Benny's integra vs. Drew's trailblazer:
YouTube - Finals run at the bandimere Speedway show. Benny's integra vs. Drew's trailblazer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwkxF2Y7M94)

My first run in the rex:
YouTube - My crx at the Bandimere High School Drag show. First test run of the day. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8XoUg8Lcrg)

My rex against Derrick's jeep. Semi-finals run but derrick had amp problems:
YouTube - My crx with 2 sundown Audio 4500's and 4 custom 10's at the Bandimere High School Drag show. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q1oygChywY)

Joe's pickup with 2 15" DC lvl4 xl's and 4 memphis 4000's. His first run of the day. Joe ended up getting loudest of the day at the show with a 157.3db.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWwyQsfmPGs

Shorty with orion subs against JJ's walled honda with 2 18's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkTXysxOv3w

dextermoped
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
crap, I didnt realize how close I beat Jesse out. It was like the final second.