PDA

View Full Version : searching threads ****

Ali1
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
how come when i try a simple search i get no search results found, try different terms. i've done so many searches and i keep getting this bullsh!t message

CarAudio.com Admin
05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
We're working on it. The software that we received to update the search is causing problems not even the developer can fix, but are working on it right now. It shouldn't be much longer until its resolved.

Korn4Life
05-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Fix this piece of **** site PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! Should of never changed anything on it. How many members has this place lost since the change? I bet well over 50%

Carnivorous18
05-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Please fix soon its getting annoying and I need to search for XS batteries for sale :(

dbeez
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Please fix soon its getting annoying and I need to search for XS batteries for sale :(

no you dont the dekas are all you need for the price especially

emilimo701
06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
kind of related...

thread search results will not list in chronological order... or ANY types of logical order for that matter, even when specified.

It looks like this problem has been active for month(s)? I am a software engineer. No type of software problems this simple should ever take more than a week or two to fix. Ever. Either you're lying about it "being worked on" or the people you've hired are incompetent.

Carnivorous18
06-13-2010, 06:44 PM
kind of related...

thread search results will not list in chronological order... or ANY types of logical order for that matter, even when specified.

It looks like this problem has been active for month(s)? I am a software engineer. No type of software problems this simple should ever take more than a week or two to fix. Ever. Either you're lying about it "being worked on" or the people you've hired are incompetent.
Yea but that was a different problem we were referring to ITT. I havent noticed this but ill try searching and see cause usually its in order by date

memphisguy87
06-13-2010, 06:46 PM
whocares if you don't like gtfo

RetroAudioinc
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Any luck on the search? **** thing still does not work right, old threads.. Heck I can't even find mt own threads. Kind of *****..

CarAudio.com Admin
06-21-2010, 12:02 PM
They worked on it last night. It should be a little better, until the main fix comes around at anytime now. Anyone see better results?

Johnny Law.Lulz
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Fix this piece of **** site PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! Should of never changed anything on it. How many members has this place lost since the change? I bet well over 50%

Id be willing to bet that well over 50% of the people bitching dont own the site nor do they pay to be here so they should keep their mouth shut.

Carnivorous18
06-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Lol iknorit? Im doing just fine on my end iuno why you guys still havin that problem. GL though

EDIT: Nvm I cant search. Anything I put in it says no match found. Damit.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Lol iknorit? Im doing just fine on my end iuno why you guys still havin that problem. GL though

EDIT: Nvm I cant search. Anything I put in it says no match found. Damit.

What are you trying to search for, examples?

whitedragon551
06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I searched for my own feedback thread and it shows no results and I searched for the exact title.

As you can see from my sig I clearly know it exists and I know the exact title of the thread.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I searched for my own feedback thread and it shows no results and I searched for the exact title.

As you can see from my sig I clearly know it exists and I know the exact title of the thread.

In search I entered: whitedragon feedback
The results:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/436602-whitedragons-feedback-thread.html

hatemonger
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
a search: "diamond audio" came up with 5 pages

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 10:56 AM
a search: "diamond audio" came up with 5 pages

And if you goto the 5th page it will paginate even more, to probably around 100 pages.

whitedragon551
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
In search I entered: whitedragon feedback
The results:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/436602-whitedragons-feedback-thread.html

Heres what mine came up with, with the same search term:

http://lookpic.com/d2/i2/2374/pRb0Gzjf.jpeg

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
It was 6 threads from the bottom on my results. They will vary a little each time. We ain't google remember. ;)

hatemonger
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
how is the search organized? it cant just be thrown out randomly. right?

528hz
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Times mothafvck'n 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Id be willing to bet that well over 50% of the people bitching dont own the site nor do they pay to be here so they should keep their mouth shut.

And I'd be willing to bet that the 50% of people who left this form were the most knowledgeable and helpful; not just running their mouths.

We are called TRAFFIC, in the advertising world we equal MONEY for your KING you fvck'n **** sucker. Why the fvck do you think Goob is around here now more than ever? If I had an investment in jeopardy I'd be on here quite often too.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 12:10 PM

And I'd be willing to bet that the 50% of people who left this form were the most knowledgeable and helpful; not just running their mouths.

We are called TRAFFIC, in the advertising world we equal MONEY for your KING you fvck'n **** sucker. Why the fvck do you think Goob is around here now more than ever? If I had an investment in jeopardy I'd be on here quite often too.

No one forces you to be here. We're doing all we can to keep things up to expectations.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
how is the search organized? it cant just be thrown out randomly. right?

It's organized by a number of factors averaged in. Post time, relevance, keyword in title, etc. But as I've said all along, it's still not where it should be and the fact that it isn't is out of our hands completely. Fuss at VB if anyone, as we have already.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM

I'd also like to know, what all isn't working for you right now on this site?

LazyRider
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd also like to know, what all isn't working for you right now on this site?

I'm curious to know the status of the new mods. You've talked about it for a while but haven't seen or heard anything.

whitedragon551
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
It was 6 threads from the bottom on my results. They will vary a little each time. We ain't google remember. ;)

If you search for the exact title it should be the first item returned no matter what yet its not.