PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Dash parts

DannyD
01-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Do I have to do anything different in order to fiberglass onto plastic such as a trim bezel? I am fluch mounting a DVD screen into the dash of my 97 Mustang and will use the trim bezel as part of the frame.
I have never fiberglassed before but, after reading many writtings, threads, pictorials, discussions...ect on how to do it ,I believe i have a pretty good idea.
If anyone has any advice on my particular install i would greatly appreciate it.

(P.S. here is a link to a page that shows how I would like to install the screen http://www.caraudiomag.com/v_features/0310cae_saleenmustang/index.html )

ramos
01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
You will need to scuff the plastic pretty well with some 40 grit sandpaper. Then clean the plastic well. And get to glassing. :)

DannyD
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Do i smooth it out or leave it scuffed to adheir better to the cloth, glass,and resin ?

capone_78744
01-08-2004, 07:41 PM
leave it scuffed
fiberglassing is not as easy as it looks. if i were u i would start on something small not my dash!
cause if u **** up it aint coming out and every1 is going 2 see it.
try fiberglassing a box etc. then when u get a feel for fiberglassing move 2 ur car
when its done it should look tight! good luck!

-capone

TPABlazer
01-08-2004, 07:46 PM
whats the stock part look like? I dont think youd have ot use fiverglass for that.. could just bondo it

DannyD
01-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Ill get some pics for you guys in the morn......