PDA

View Full Version : Carpeting?

mitchel022
01-08-2004, 01:38 PM
I just recently made a box for my two 15s and i was wondering if any one new were i could get carpet from online?

wags
01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Just go to a craft store or the craft section of walmart. Best buy sometimes has carpet for Car audio applications but it's grossly overpriced. Other than that. http://www.partsexpress.com/ has some I believe.

LoneRanger
01-08-2004, 03:44 PM
almost every carpet store will have a line of automotive-marine carpet. just make sure it has a rubberized backing. just check out the yellow pages...

ramos
01-08-2004, 04:26 PM
This is kind of an odd place to get carpet for your box. My local lowes actually sells a pretty cheap marine carpet that is perfect. :)

boister77
01-09-2004, 03:14 AM
does the rubberized backing make a difference? i find it a lot easier to carpet a box with carpet that does not have a rubberized/stiffed backing. it bends and lot easier, easier to trim, and the seams blend a lot better.

skimo
01-09-2004, 04:07 AM
I bought mine at Crutchfields along with a bunch of other stuff. They may not be the cheapest though. I seem to recall the single unit was $25. It was enough to do a 1 cu ft. speaker box and single amp rack.

LoneRanger
01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
does the rubberized backing make a difference? i find it a lot easier to carpet a box with carpet that does not have a rubberized/stiffed backing. it bends and lot easier, easier to trim, and the seams blend a lot better.

rubberized backing causes the glue to adhere better. thats about the long and short of it.

mayday0017
01-12-2004, 08:31 PM
I work at best buy and we do sell Packets of speaker box carpet. Personally from my years of experiance I recomend not using carpet with rubber backing. It will not stretch and is not good for a clean seamless wrap. I suggest using accual speaker box carpet both sides look the same and you can stretch it around whatever shape and won't have any seams. Rubber backing doesn't stretch and personally I have seen regular box carpet stick better then Rubber backed "marine" carpet. Hope this helps. Also want to say our price for a pack of box carpet is $16.99

ramos
01-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I personally like backed carpet. It stretches just enough. But when it comes to vinyl no backing for me thanks :)