PDA

View Full Version : Can you wire speakers like this???

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Basically I want to buy alot of speakers for my door panels, and run them off of a nice 2 chanel amp.

The speakers are 4 ohm, and I want to run 4 in each door, so Im hoping they can all be wired like this so my amp sees a 4 ohm load. But the diagram shows alot of pos and negs connecting and I dont know if your allowed to do that with door speakers and not mess with SQ

So 4 of these per door
Parts-Express.com: (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-250&vReviewShow=1)

Wired like this (4ohm)
Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Four 4 ohm Single Voice Coil (SVC) Speakers (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=4&I=41#results)

Opinions??

JimJ
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM
If you're buying a lot of speakers, that's already going to "mess with SQ", as you'll have many point sources playing the same frequencies...

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Well these are going in the botom of the doors hopefully, I already have a set of CDT 626's in the upper door panels and tweets in the A pillar. I just want o add 8 speakers ontop of that. With say a 200 X 2 amp to run them

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I just dont know if you can actually wire them like that for door speakers and have them reproduce the right noise. Crossing pos and negs from different woofers and such, as the diagram is meant for subwoofers

kyleorsini
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
if you have to ask if you can dont do it, 1 your going to screw **** up, and 2 its going to sound like ***, you would have to spend days eqing and t/a to get it to sound maybe just ok

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I know "how" to do it, as Ive done the bolt terminals to wire many subs to one chanel. I just dont know if you can do this with speakers that reproduce vocals.

Wiring 4 single 4 ohm speakers, into a final 4 ohm load at the amp...

All Im asking

pr-festiva
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
wire each pair in series then hook the two pairs in paralelle and you'll get your 4 ohm load

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 03:09 PM
So the diagram I posted works just perfect then right.

Like I said I just didnt know if you were able to do this with vocal speakers and not have any problems

misfit138
05-05-2010, 03:22 PM
It'll probably sound like ***, but yeah, it'll work...

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Why would that sound like ***??

Arent your speakers stock??

misfit138
05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Why would that sound like ***??

Arent your speakers stock??

I think it'd sound like *** because it's a lot of speakers. Just a personal opinion.

And no, my speakers aren't stock. But that doesn't mean ****. I don't currently have a huge system in my vehicle, but that doesn't mean I'm clueless. :fyi: I have grown up things like property taxes and homeowner's insurance to worry about. I love car audio, but I love having somewhere to sleep and food for my loved ones a hell of a lot more...

DarkScorpion
05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I think it'd sound like *** because it's a lot of speakers. Just a personal opinion.

And no, my speakers aren't stock. But that doesn't mean ****. I don't currently have a huge system in my vehicle, but that doesn't mean I'm clueless. :fyi: I have grown up things like property taxes and homeowner's insurance to worry about. I love car audio, but I love having somewhere to sleep and food for my loved ones a hell of a lot more...

This man speaks the truth. It'll most likely sound like *** since you'll have so many speakers playing the same frequencies, as was said earlier. Will it be loud? Sure, but there are many other ways to get loud with just a pair of speakers.

But to answer your question, yes, you can wire 4 4-ohm speakers and present the amp with a 4ohm or 1 ohm load.

A12bknown
05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree with them. Car audio as I have learned and am still learning is very difficult. You are going to have reflection problems with it. I believe that in order to stop this problem the speakers need to be at least 10 feet apart if they play the same frequency (vocals). Like I said I "believe" I read this somewhere and it kinda makes sense. I understand that you probably want it loud and that's all in well. Be prepared for some off SQ though. Best of luck to ya!!!!!

Johnny Law.Lulz
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
It will most defiantly sound like *** like everyone else has said.

ramos
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
What exactly does *** sound like ? the speakers are going to make fart sounds ? :confused:

bubbagumper6
05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
What exactly does *** sound like ? the speakers are going to make fart sounds ? :confused:

I think your probably my favorite member on here...You hardly ever post but when you do, it's pretty **** funny

Supergumby5000
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
ramos = straight OG.

bubbagumper6
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
ramos = straight OG.

what the hell is OG?

Qxxx4
05-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Original gansta

CoilBurner
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
You guys are syaihg its gonna sound like *** since its 8 speakers plaing 100-4k hz?? I see setups on here all day with 8+ of one speakers in door panels

The specs on that speaker are pretty nice, and I dont see why 4 along the bottom of a door would be causing any SQ problems...

2 would be close to the side of the seat I suppose, but i dont see that being a problem with SQ or making the speakers sound unclear

Its either I do this or I simply get 4 Selenium pro audio 6"s (2 per door) and just give em 125 per driver....

But I kinda like the idea of buying this $10 clearance speaker and putting 4 per door

ramos
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I thought it stood for

Old Guy :)

The HACKER
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
what exactly does *** sound like ? The speakers are going to make fart sounds ? :confused:

:d