PDA

View Full Version : New here, replacing my 6.5s all around, budget is $300 total.

scottydsntknow
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
As the title states. I've been doing some lurking but I'm not exactly sure what to get. Budget is about $200 for a set of components up front and $100 for some coax speakers out back. Size is 6.5" all around. I've seen alot of threads saying that the Soundstream RF-60C components are pretty tough to beat at a $200 price point. Is that a good setup and if so what about the rears?

For the record, I am not an audiophile I'm not going to be all out insane with this setup, I just want a nice sounding stereo for listening to XM and my ipod. I have an older kicker amp that I used to power some subs a few years back that I may use to power the speakers, I'll have to dig it out and see exactly what it is but it is a nice piece, not some junk from best buy or wal mart lol.

Thanks in advance!

toyopl
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
What about Image Dynamics CTX65CS for comps and one of their coaxials for the back, depending what can fit for you ? They're highly recommended and I'm about to install a set myself

scottydsntknow
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I've been checking out those reviews also and they are stellar for those speakers. I may have to get this set. $189 shipped right now... What rear coaxes are you looking at by these guys? Ugh I might need to just get an amp as well instead of running off the HU. It's only money lol.

Sir Swish
05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
$125.49-Lanzar OPTI6C Opti 6.5-inch Component System- - LENROM (http://www.lenrom.com/p-4146-lanzar-opti6c-opti-65-inch-component-system.aspx)