PDA

View Full Version : Question about subwoofer position...

OmegaBunny
05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I have my ported box built and have a question about positioning the sub. Does it matter where I position the woofer in the box? More on the left side closer to the port, centered, or right furthest from the port, does any position have an effet on the sound?

Thanks

*SlappinAzz*
05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I have my ported box built and have a question about positioning the sub. Does it matter where I position the woofer in the box? More on the left side closer to the port, centered, or right furthest from the port, does any position have an effet on the sound?

Thanks

Take the box with the sub in it, strap it on top of your car roof, and play it. It usually sounds best.

..watch out for rain...

bubbagumper6
05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
IIRC you want it farthest from the port

OmegaBunny
05-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks. I normally just center it but didn't know if it mattered one way or another.

As far as placement on top of the vehicle I prefer to park and do this...

http://preview3.accesshollywood.com/content/images/105/400x400bd/105461_john-cusack-as-lloyd-dobler-in-a-famed-scene-from-say-anything.jpg

schackel
05-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Take the box with the sub in it, strap it on top of your car roof, and play it. It usually sounds best.

..watch out for rain...

'10er would say that.......frickin newb

OmegaBunny
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Any other opinions regarding positioning in the enclosure?

CrysisMaker
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I mean other than putting it farthest away from the port, its really up to you man.

OmegaBunny
05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
K, so if the port is running vertically faceing the rear of my car, is it okay to put the wooker facing up? Or can I put the port facing up and the sub facing the rear? I'm assuming that it really doesn't matter as long as the port or woofer is not blocked. Correct.