PDA

View Full Version : alpine spx17pro or ID CXS64 V.2 front components

curtis96olds
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
which of these would get the loudest and sound good doing it on 125 watts each? also anyone know if either of them speakers would fit into the stock speaker locations of a 2002 dodge dakota SXT extended cab without modifying the doors at all? i know the speaker size is right, but im worried about depth

also i already have the amp so more power isnt an option, and please dont suggest other speakers, i want to know which would get louder while sounding good out of those 2 components

djeazie
05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Really happy with my Alpine refs.

curtis96olds
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
yeah i was leaning more towards the alpines, thats probably what ill end up getting, and i plan on running type r coaxials in the back for rear fill, this will be all run by a MB quart dsc4125, does 125x4 @4 ohms.

Horsemanwill
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
if your go with the ID CXs62 v2 you'd have more power coming from the amp as the set is a 2 ohm set.

curtis96olds
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
if your go with the ID CXs62 v2 you'd have more power coming from the amp as the set is a 2 ohm set.

true true, didnt think of that, but you know that fealing you get when your mind is stuck on something you want, thats what i got right now, ive been eyeballing the alping spx71-pro components for a while, although i think 125 watts to the spx's and 125 watts to the type r's and the 2 IDQ12v3's im getting will be WAY MORE sound then i'll ever need in a small cabin truck like this.

toyopl
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
seems like your mind is already set :D

curtis96olds
05-04-2010, 11:25 PM
seems like your mind is already set :D

yeah, im going with the alpine. i wish i could hear both of these speakers in person, but there is only one shop even remotely close to me..and i went in there, all they sell is kicker, pioneer rockford and powerbass and thats it, i asked them if they carry alpine and they said "we're working on it" and i asked him if he has ever heard of image dynamics..he said "no but its probably a flea market brand" needless to say im never going there again lol

Savstyle
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
yeah, im going with the alpine. i wish i could hear both of these speakers in person, but there is only one shop even remotely close to me..and i went in there, all they sell is kicker, pioneer rockford and powerbass and thats it, i asked them if they carry alpine and they said "we're working on it" and i asked him if he has ever heard of image dynamics..he said "no but its probably a flea market brand" needless to say im never going there again lol

lol

Great shop there

Gotta love a place that down talks a brand without knowing anything about it.

The alpine set is mighty nice, havent heard those id's tho. But ive never used/heard anything of theirs that i wasnt impressed by

curtis96olds
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
yeah the guy didnt even seem to knowledgeable honestly, i told him i was looking for a HU that i can use to run active and he looked at me like i was retarded, but oh well i guess i cant expect much from a shop that is in a town of 5,000 people, infact im the only person i know that actually has a system around here, once in a blue moon i hear someone else bumping but thats about it. ill pull the trigger on the alpines as soon as i get my check :)

Hoodlum007
05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
The ID CXS comps have more SQ than the Alpines IMO but i would try to listen to both for yourself and be the judge.

curtis96olds
05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
The ID CXS comps have more SQ than the Alpines IMO but i would try to listen to both for yourself and be the judge.

well thats sort of the problem i have no way to listen to both sets of components before i buy them, i live in an area thats not big on car audio at all so i dont even know anyone that has aftermarket speakers besides one of my friends.

Jeremy M
05-08-2010, 07:46 PM
whatever set u get, bridge your amp to the front comps and run those coax's off your deck.

pyfocal
05-09-2010, 12:55 AM

For $10.00 more you can get extra SQ to put in the Alpines but it takes a special fitting for the hyfedutenater.