PDA

View Full Version : Door install for Rainbow SAC 465.25

04silverz
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Pretty much made up my mind on this set which includes 4 woofers and two tweeters for my 05 Silverado. Planning on putting both mids in the factory door location and installing the tweets up in teh pillars.
Planning on using the same setup as this guy did here http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/446753-**-22-hour-fiberglass-door-pods**.html.
Question is, some people mentioned needing a better way to atually secure the pod back to the door other than using the tabs on the factory grill. What would be a better way to do so? Would adding extra glass to form like an edge piece and then drilling through it into the door panel work?

Also after taking off my door panel and looking at it, seems no practical way to just cut a hole into the inner skin panel so I guess I just need to build the pod out a bit for the speaker that would sit on the upper end enough for it to fit, and then cut an air opening for it?

04silverz
05-03-2010, 02:39 PM
also this will be my first glassing project, at what point do you cut out the holes for the speakers? I mean, do you have to wait for it to completey dry and then cut out the hole or do you cut it while it is still drying/partially dry?