PDA

View Full Version : A couple aero port questions.

ovalevader
05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm building a fiberglass box for a se15 that is 4.2 cubes before Port and sub displacement, and I am looking at different port options. I want to use a 6 in. Aero port, and I am aiming for 33 hz. The area behind where I want to mount the port is 18 inches deep, so I have a few questions:

how long does the port need to be?
What wil a full length port tune to? (also how long is a full length port)
will I have enough clearance to the back wall of the box?

Thanks guys!

basshedz06
05-03-2010, 07:59 PM
well i got this from a buddy of mine once an he said they wasn't totally off but it could use some tweaking but its a aeroport tuning guide i have used it once an it was pretty close prolly a few hz lower than i needed it to be but i put in your numbers an it said witha flared end do it 14in total thats counting the flare too i suppose an straight cut like if your using a piece of pvc pipe cut it 13in long. just my 2cents homie hope it helps ya out.
Products Menu (http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html)
here is the site if ya wanna check it out for yaself homie

bassman3
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
well i got this from a buddy of mine once an he said they wasn't totally off but it could use some tweaking but its a aeroport tuning guide i have used it once an it was pretty close prolly a few hz lower than i needed it to be but i put in your numbers an it said witha flared end do it 14in total thats counting the flare too i suppose an straight cut like if your using a piece of pvc pipe cut it 13in long. just my 2cents homie hope it helps ya out.
Products Menu (http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html)
here is the site if ya wanna check it out for yaself homie

Yep, good aero calculator.

Jv359
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Don't forget to use NET displacement when calculating. From what I've read on here it's good to have atleast the port diameters distance away from walls, bracing, etc. With a 14 inch aero that leaves only 4 for clearence. It's gonna be a tight sqeeze but then again you could always tune a little higher.