PDA

View Full Version : Focal 3 way idea!

Jaredturp
04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Alright so I'm in need of advice here. I'm about to buy a 3 way component set of Focal k2 power and I plan on running them off a sundown 100.4 or something similar.
I plan on installing the 6.5" in the kick and the 3" and the tweeter in the door:
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac219/Jaredturpen/Mobile%20Uploads/0429100754.jpg

*It will probably require some fabrication to get them to fit seeing as the spot currently has a 1" and a .5" But how difficult will it be to install them there?? I have never installed tweeters!!!*

For the 6.5" I am planning on widening my 5.25" speaker opening to allow a 6.5" speaker. *How difficult of a task is that??*
This is the kick.
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac219/Jaredturpen/Mobile%20Uploads/0429101606.jpg

I just want fantastic sound! I will deaden the doors and kicks deffinitally.

hispls
04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
You really won't know til you get the panel off, have the speakers in hand and take a look. Doing the mids/tweets up high should sound OK if they have good off-axis response. I'd highly reccomend mounting them on a board and just taping it to where you think you want them to make sure they sound OK. Nothing worse than cutting and mounting to find out the speakers have phasing or immaging issues in the spot you though would be bomb.

I'm currently doing 3 way fronts with midbass in the door and mid and tweet in Q-logic kicks. I'm quite satisfied.

Jaredturp
04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the response man. Yeah I don't have time to get the panel off right now (school blows) but I will do that for sure.
I would look at it with the speakers in hand, but I don't want to buy them if this idea is wack. I would like to do the Q logic kicks, but they are like 170 and the speaker set and amp is going to empty my bank account.
I know that the sound will be much different because the kick is not facing directly at me, but that is temporary.

Is that a good location for the 3" and tweet?
Should I just mount the tweet in the door and find another place for the 3" ??