PDA

View Full Version : Myron & Davis questions

BDIDDY
01-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Anyone heard of these LCD screens?

And also would a diode breaking off cause one to not play?

Thanks

BDIDDY
01-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Anyone?

TTT

smullen
01-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Just saw this... I have heard of them they are not a widely known brand, but still really good stuff... They are just somewhat pricey... But good stuff...

Oh, and yes a diode or resitor or any part of the circuitry breaking off would cause it to not work right... They make crap cheap as possible, their not goona design it so if parts fall of it still works...

BDIDDY
01-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Just saw this... I have heard of them they are not a widely known brand, but still really good stuff... They are just somewhat pricey... But good stuff...

Oh, and yes a diode or resitor or any part of the circuitry breaking off would cause it to not work right... They make crap cheap as possible, their not goona design it so if parts fall of it still works...

Well I bought a 7 inch wide screen for 25 bucks. The guy called it a diode but my dad called it a capacitor. It fell of when the screen fell from the guys trunk lid. Hopefully it will work when I get a capacitor.

Thanks for the info....

smullen
01-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I have a 15 farad one... J/k.... You may have a chance as long as you can match the exact part or if you still have it and can solder it back on...

My question is, why did he let such a good monitor go for 25.00, sounds fishy.... Eitehr way, good luck..

BDIDDY
01-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I have a 15 farad one... J/k.... You may have a chance as long as you can match the exact part or if you still have it and can solder it back on...

My question is, why did he let such a good monitor go for 25.00, sounds fishy.... Eitehr way, good luck..

Yeah my dad has connections and can get it soldered back on, but about letting it go I wondered the same thing. I will only lose 25 on it if I can't get it fixed. I guess we'll find out huh?

Thanks for the help...

smullen
01-12-2004, 11:44 AM
NO problem... depending on how it looks, I prolly woulda bought it too for 25.00

BDIDDY
01-12-2004, 04:33 PM
NO problem... depending on how it looks, I prolly woulda bought it too for 25.00

Doesnt look too bad, all I wanted was the screen.

But what can you expect for 25 bucks?

Matador
01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
good brand, heard they have durability issues

desi_daru
01-22-2004, 03:58 AM
diode/cap figure out which1 and the type and should b easy if u already have sum1 that can solder it, then ur set all u gotta do is test it after to make sure its jus not fried str8 up, lol

but ya id prob buy a non working lcd screen for 25bux also, if it works thatd b sweet if not it was worth the gamble

BDIDDY
01-22-2004, 09:45 AM
We got the cap soldered on there and tried it. The screen stayed black but you could see the screen flicker and the words in the back ground. So we flipped the screen over and the cap was soldered on with neggative on positive, etc. My dad is gonna get it redone and hopefully it will work. Do you all think that if a cap is soldered on with the polarities backwards that will cause it not to be bright?

Thanks