PDA

View Full Version : Ported Box for Two DD 1508's on an AudioPipe 15001D

TheEnforcer98
04-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Hi everybody, I just bought two DD 1508's and obviously need help with a box design. They'll be run on an AudioPipe AP-15001D, so each will get approx 750wrms. This will be going in a 2000 Explorer, so technically I have room, but I'd still like a compact box because I actually use the back (Hockey, Paintball, work, etc) therefore I was thinking about going with Aero Ports.

The design should be fairly straight forward, I just figured I'd see what everybody else though about it, haha.

Thanks

Louisiana_CRX
04-26-2010, 02:10 AM
build the box 2cu ft plus port....make the port opening 32 sq inches ...by 20 inches long......so about 2.5 total internal....use subs in common chamber rear firing.....load port about 8 inches off shock tower from rear of the box.....your port will be on the side of the box...

Go2Sleep
04-26-2010, 03:50 AM
build the box 2cu ft plus port....make the port opening 32 sq inches ...by 20 inches long......so about 2.5 total internal....use subs in common chamber rear firing.....load port about 8 inches off shock tower from rear of the box.....your port will be on the side of the box...

Go with this; He knows his DD's

TheEnforcer98
04-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Haha, sounds good. My only thing is I'd prefer to not have the port on the side. If I ever do have to stuff my cargo area with crap, it would just be easier to have everything that is crucial to the box on one side, rather than having to worry about the port being blocked.

What do you guys recommend they be tuned to?