PDA

View Full Version : Speaker mounting

christang95
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Any idea how I can get speakers to mount here? I think the previous owner cut them out with a saw or they were stolen.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/cgc95/PICT0002-9.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/cgc95/PICT0001-5.jpg
The view is from the trunk

QuikSilverRS91
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Kinda looks like he was trying to turn a 6.5" factory location into a 6x9 or something. If you can't maneuver the speakers so that you can get a secure mount on those edges, the most simple thing to do would probably be to build an MDF adapter of some sort. It would probably look ridiculous, but it would work.

Sir Swish
04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Is that the door panel or rear deck?

QuikSilverRS91
04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Is that the door panel or rear deck?

He said "The view is from the trunk."

Gotta be a door panel.

christang95
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Its the rear deck, Its my back speakers looking up from underneath the trunk. The car is a 95 mustang and the stock speakers are 6 by 9 I believe.

QuikSilverRS91
04-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Its the rear deck, Its my back speakers looking up from underneath the trunk. The car is a 95 mustang and the stock speakers are 6 by 9 I believe.

Hmm.. the only real answer then is to purchase a new vehicle. ;)

How much of a gap is there between the metal on the rear deck (the metal that's been cut away), and the deck lid (the carpeting and the mesh that you see from inside the car). If there's enough room, you might be able to throw a thin layer of MDF above that giant hole and make a proper cutout to insert a speaker. It almost looks like you could still mount a 6x9 in that mess though.... I can still see the factory screw holes.

christang95
04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
There Isn't much of a gap to fit something between the metal and the carpeting. The mesh is removable and I'm not very concerned about how good it looks. If I could somehow use the holes already there are save myself some work that would be great.

QuikSilverRS91
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
There Isn't much of a gap to fit something between the metal and the carpeting. The mesh is removable and I'm not very concerned about how good it looks. If I could somehow use the holes already there are save myself some work that would be great.

Honestly it looks like you can. Remove the deck lid and see if a 6x9 will sit there. I think you could easily get 3 or 4 screws in each one of those speakers.

FenixAudio
04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Well that looks pretty messy. my suggestion is to take the rear deck cover off, go buy some 1/2" mbf trace the shape ofthe rear deck from the cover and test fit and trim until it fits. after that cut new holes nd carpet the wood and mount to the deck with bolts nuts and washers or very good metal screws. if you have a third brake light you can dill the holes you need and use some epoxy to monut the light again(of course you want to cut out the arpet and glue to the wood).

If your looking for any equipment check out our website:

Catalog (http://www.fenixaudio.com)

christang95
04-25-2010, 01:06 PM
If I cant mount the speakers I will look into other options that are more involved. I'm not looking for perfection, just something that will work.