PDA

View Full Version : All about alarms.....looking for info

iamamp3pimp
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm looking to get an alarm, and install it myself. I am not partial to any brand, but what i'm looking for is something w remote start, 2way communication, and maybe an auxillary to roll windows up/down. thats not a necessity though. what are some good alarms out there, and what should i be looking to pay for em?

Thanks

the727kid
04-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Been using compustar for a few years now, always been good to me, can flash the brain for updates if needed. DEI has a window module kit that can be added to any alarm.

hatedonmostly
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Subscribed. :)

x1le
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Directed, Compustar, and Audiovox seem to be the most popular/reliable out there.

There are a ton of options for remote start and alarm combo's, and as for the window roll up/down pick up a 530t per pair of windows you want to control.

Blizardfans
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
GPS tracker is one of the best choice.
w siren, remote ctrl.

---send sms w geo,map-info to your cellphone
---cutoff/restore the oil and power system on command
---set door trigger to possitve/negative
---geo-fence set up
---movement & overspeed alert
etc.

see the link for reference
GSM/GPRS/GPS Tracker tri/quad band GPS device- MARCOBIZ ELECTRONICS (http://www.szmarcobiz.com/product.php-id=58.htm)

iamamp3pimp
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
thats great, but completely not what i was looking for.

carbass_zombie
07-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Lol!
X1le is right, lot of combos are possible. for example, Viper 350 2way and couple of 530T is good for a regular 4 door. This thread is pretty old and I guess Viper didnt have those models back then. these new ones are pretty good, I've been working with this for a while. DEI even provides all the manuals n stuff so installation or servicing is not much of a problem.considering the installation charges these days, the installation manuals and online tech support features are a bless! 350 goes for as low as $150 and the 530T is around $58 so the price is also pretty good! hope I was help!