PDA

View Full Version : speakers for this system

jlpimpin
01-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Happy New Years to everyone :veryhappy

I need suggestions on 6x9's....currently I have 2 Jl w3's in the back-500/1, xr comps for frnt stage-mtx 4ch, and very old pioneer 6x9's 3 ways. I've heard people on this forum say in the past that it doesn't matter what you put in because the subs drowns them. However, I still want to have 6X9's in the rear because i've disconnected them before and was not at all pleased with the sound. I'm looking for a nice sq system that can bump when I want/have to...

Redford
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
rear speakers are usually more for just midbass than anything else... id actually set a LPF on em at around 80 Hz, since that is where the ears have a problem where sound is coming from.

jlpimpin
01-07-2004, 10:32 PM
rear speakers are usually more for just midbass than anything else... id actually set a LPF on em at around 80 Hz, since that is where the ears have a problem where sound is coming from.

Thanks for responding, what's an LPF?

BDIDDY
01-07-2004, 10:39 PM
LPF = Low pass filter....Cancel's out anything below what you set it at...I think...

jlpimpin
01-08-2004, 02:16 PM
I get the idea now....I have a 4 channel MTX amp now running the comps and rears with hp and lp but it doesn't have anything to set the htz. Do you have any suggestions of how I can set the htz? My alpine head unit has somewhat of an equalizer to control the volume and htz of the subwoofer and I think the satellites as well but i'm not sure if that's what I need to use