PDA

View Full Version : Question about new speakers, and my speakers

jflick092
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Ok, so just recently my rear 5x7's started sounding like ****. They were stock anyway but i think it might be time for a upgrade, wondering what would be a good cheaper speaker to get, since im probably getting a new car soon, and im not sure if ill be able to use the same speakers. I think i can fit either 5x7 or 6x8's. The cheapest pair I could find at best buy is pioneer, Pioneer - 6" x 8" 3-Way Car Speakers (Pair) - TS-A6872R (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+6%22+x+8%22+3-Way+Car+Speakers+%28Pair%29/8680019.p?id=1198286346957&skuId=8680019)

meh. Walmart used to have kenwoods for like 40 but i guess not anymore.

Second question, also, starting today i think, my like right speakers arent working as well as the left ones. Would this be a fuse problem? idk. If i put the balance to the left its fine, center fine, then if i go all the way to the right its almost no sound at all, i think one of the tweeters work though.

It might have been like this for a while, but i just noticed it today. (trying to figure out which of my 5x7s were messed up)

Im pretty sure the 5x7 is done for, i took off the cloth thing they have over the cone and its like thin cardboard, and its all torn around the edges.... oh well

I dont have an amp for the speakers anyway, so its not like i could even use any really good speakers to their full potential anyway :( but if there are any decent amps id be interested in hearing about them too...

Horsemanwill
04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
if your getting a new car just buy some cheap replacements no need to go all out yet.

SourDeez
04-16-2010, 08:09 PM
but if there are any decent amps id be interested in hearing about them too...

nope man. There are no more decent amps. They are all fake now, its all a placebo in your head. When you install an amp your really not doing **** but putting in a $300 hunk of metal that lights up all pretty.

jflick092
04-18-2010, 01:46 AM
if your getting a new car just buy some cheap replacements no need to go all out yet.

hahaha. well speaking of the devil. The car im TRYING to get (idk if i am) already has a good HU and infinity speakers...
I mean, my stock speakers werent bad when they acutally worked they sounded good to me...

nope man. There are no more decent amps. They are all fake now, its all a placebo in your head. When you install an amp your really not doing **** but putting in a $300 hunk of metal that lights up all pretty.

uh... ??? decent as in price and quality.