PDA

View Full Version : listening abilities limited

Crpediem2
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I am in the market for a 6.5" component set for $250 and under. The problem is, out of all the dealers in my area they only carry jl audio, focal, alpine and boston acoustics. Out of those four I would say the jl c2-650 have some great tweets and the alpine SPX-17REF also sound pretty nice. I keep reading that cdt has some sweet components as well as rainbow. I would like to make a purchase asap. Should I go for the ones I listen to? Or should I go out on a limb and try something else? I would like to get the best for the money if possible. I am looking for a very smooth tweeter.

I wish I could hear these, as this sounds like a killer deal:
CL-62 CDT Audio 6.5" 2-Way Classic Series Component Speaker System - SALE!!! $100 Off, Plus FREE Rear Fill Speakers (http://www.soundsgreatusa.com/servlet/the-1269/CL-dsh-62-CDT-Audio-6.5%22/Detail)

hispls
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
All those brands make some nice stuff. Keep in mind listening to something in a sound board rarely translates into how it'll sound in your kickpanels or doors.

Crpediem2
04-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I agree completely, but since this is the only meathod i have to decide. Do you think i should go with what i have heard or try the cdt's. I probably am doing almost too much research, comparing specs, etc. But most of it is done online and this is where i willbe purchasing them from, so they will be more difficult to return. Thanks for the suggestions though.