PDA

View Full Version : about to get my box rhino lined, quick?

ront337
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
would it be a problem to line inside the port,or no? i think it would,but liner guy says it'll be fine.

input anyone?

O.G. D-Wet
04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
would it be a problem to line inside the port,or no? i think it would,but liner guy says it'll be fine.

input anyone?

I would keep the inside of a port as slippery smooth as possible.... But im sure u cud do it and have it still be loud... it's just silly tho

chawski
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
id just paint it to keep it smooth. will it really matter? prob not anything youll hear, but i figure if you spent the time making it the right size, might as well just leave it alone. the stuff is somewhat thick so it could change the size ever so slightly

bubbagumper6
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about it being thick so much as it being rough and affecting the air flow, thus changing the tuning

Johnny Law.Lulz
04-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about it being thick so much as it being rough and affecting the air flow, thus changing the tuning

I dont believe it could change tuning but if their is enough velocity then i bet some type of port noise could come from doing it. I thought there was a thing here saying a rougher port was better than a smooth, i didnt get it but i remember reading something like that.

Bumpin' Goalie
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Paint the inside of the port, get the rest lined.

michaellane
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
agreed do not line port. just paiunt it. why wud u ask a liner guy his opinion on audioz?

michaellane
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I dont believe it could change tuning but if their is enough velocity then i bet some type of port noise could come from doing it. I thought there was a thing here saying a rougher port was better than a smooth, i didnt get it but i remember reading something like that.

it was never tested. but it was said

Johnny Law.Lulz
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
it was never tested. but it was said

I believe someone should test it. I think the guy with the octogon port in his avvy said it.

mylows10
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
i did it a while back, it will change tuning and make the inside area smaller alot .it also effects the air flow.you will get better out put if you keep it smooth inside,do whatever you want on the out side tho.it will make the box stronger and you ll get less flex out of the box.

spltuscon
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I believe someone should test it. I think the guy with the octogon port in his avvy said it.

Nope, not me. The smoother the better is what my testing has shown. Definitely do not Rhino Liner the port.

Johnny Law.Lulz
04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Nope, not me. The smoother the better is what my testing has shown. Definitely do not Rhino Liner the port.

lulz. I love that port. And there you go. dont do it.

KyleBechtold
04-15-2010, 03:06 PM
i did it a while back, it will change tuning and make the inside area smaller alot .it also effects the air flow.you will get better out put if you keep it smooth inside,do whatever you want on the out side tho.it will make the box stronger and you ll get less flex out of the box.

wrong.. rhino liner does not strengthen structures..

ront337
04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
agreed do not line port. just paiunt it. why wud u ask a liner guy his opinion on audioz?
liner guy does lining in the back of his audio shop!

ront337
04-15-2010, 07:28 PM

I ended up not lining the port thanx to u guys. any special paint u reccomend to prime the port?