PDA

View Full Version : My left speaker is crackling a little... What do?

justafifteen
04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I've never clipped my fronts since I've got them (they're Polk db651 coax's), so I don't know why the left one is making a sort of crackling sound whenever it plays like a drum or bass hit. I don't have any of my EQ's on. Low, mid, and high are at 0 on my HU, and my amp doesn't have any adjustments except for a low-pass filter that can be turned on/off but not adjusted.

It's not like a crackling like you hear over the radio, which is just interference; it's the actual speaker making a sound like it's blown. Is there anything I can check on the speaker itself to see if something's bad?

justafifteen
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Bumpage :D

eutechnyx
04-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Im sure youve checked this but could be as simple as a loose wire? could be a voice coil solder or something? not 100% sure about that but you could atleast take the speaker out and visually inspect it and let us know what u see.

justafifteen
04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Well after checking it all and everything, and playing the speaker with it taken out of the door, it seems like it's my door that is making the rattling, which I guess just sounds like crackling. The speaker is making no noise at all when I press on the cone, and I played several songs and I hear no noise coming from the speaker itself so... looks like I've gotta do some work on my door!