PDA

View Full Version : Powering the HU and amp off the same switch

gmanguy
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
i was wondering if anyone has done something like this before. the drawing got a little crowded but it was late n i didnt want to redo it lol.
anyway to explain it in words ive had my amp on a switch from when i was using a LOC. i decided to try powering a HU off the same switch and from the same power as the amp. what i have is the amp hooked up as normal with a switch running from the RMT n to the power. i have the HU acc 12v hooked to the switch in the remote terminal so its only on with the amp when I turn it on. the 12v volt constant is with the power for the amp so there is constant 12v. the ground is also with the amp ground. speakers are just run as normal n my stock radio is unplugged. sounds really good bumping 10x harder than with the LOC.
had to shove the HU where my ash tray was but its too low on the dash. i was wonderin if anyone knew some cool easy ways to mouth HU with out the dash kit?

nateberrier
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
You should run your 12v constant from the front of the car, there should be a 12v constant right in the dash. You can also connect your ground to anything metal on the car, no need to run it back to the amp, Make sure with any wires carrying current that you have a fuse in between. I apologize for not getting those photos to you, Ill try after work around 12-1 today.

gmanguy
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
the reason i have the wires from the HU running rite to the terminals of the amp is because where my amp is..lol its on the ground between the feet of the passenger n driver directly below the cd player

nateberrier
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
oh well thats different, you still might want to get a distro block to make sure the wires arent where they can get knocked around

gmanguy
04-14-2010, 12:01 AM
i got em secured pretty good and the cd player aculy looks pretty good for just being stuck in the ash tray n there is metal stoppers that were to hold up the ash tray and i bent them up to hold it in there good and that thing wont move.

nateberrier
04-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Got pics?

Louisiana_CRX
04-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Got pics?

x2

gmanguy
04-14-2010, 02:02 AM
ill do it tommorow ive been meaning to but a little busy lately. i can do a quick nite shot cuz the amp lights up too it looks pretty cool

gmanguy
04-14-2010, 02:19 AM
forgot about flash :P