View Full Version : Car Video Question

04-12-2010, 10:52 AM
So heres what i want to do..
i want to put a monitor in each of my sun visors,
the headunit i have right now is an alpine cda9884
so what am i gonna need to play videos on the monitors? a dvd changer?
will i be able to hook that up to the 9884?

....and im trying to stay away from a flip up headunit and double din screen..

04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
No one knows?

04-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Im no av expert but my guess is youre going to have to have one of the two type hus you dont want. There are single din DVD plays but they are usually junk.

04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
It's easy. If your cd player has rca inputs, you just take the dvd player outputs and hook them up to the inputs of your head unit. Then get a y splitter and probably a video amp. On the yellow (video) wire coming out of your dvd player, put the video amp(needs power ground and remote), then the y splitter. Then out of it run your rcas to your flip downs. Done deal.

04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
you'll need some sort of player to output a video signal to the screens, yes. as far as AUX in for your current HU, you'll need the aux-in adapter from alpine, its model is the KCA-121B: