PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Help

bigaudiofanatic
04-11-2010, 06:24 PM
After installing a set of rainbow components the signal is being sent all to the woofer. The manual was left a home. Anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be changed or if there is a jumper that needs to be set differently?

Rainbow model number is rainbow slc 265.25ng
:uhoh:

bigaudiofanatic
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Both inputs were wired up and I think the jumpers are set right. Tweeters are working now but I do not think the crossover is doing its job. Some highs are coming threw the mid.

James Bang
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
que?

AllenH427
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
My friend has the 5.25s of those. You do need a jumper which you figured out. You'll also notice the tweeter cutting out sometimes, it goes into protection mode, you need to replace the lightbulb with a jumper the exact same size, but once the speakers break in after a few months, they wont cut out anymore. And passive crossovers do have rolloffs, you should hear cymbals in your mids, they'll just sound extremely dull and you'll barely be able to hear them unless you put your ear next to the speaker. They are amazing components, good pick scro.

bigaudiofanatic
04-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Thank you I think once the sub gets installed it will sound much fuller.

zayres29
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
im looking at getting those same components when i sell my type r components do you like them ive never heard any rainbow speakers ive only heard about them

bigaudiofanatic
07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I personally did not like them but I installed them and did not hear them after break in.