04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
looks good, not a fan of the speakers right there though

thericanballer
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
looks good, not a fan of the speakers right there though

thanks, i had no choice....

Haunz
04-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Your skills will grow with time... I've seen worse examples of a system...

michaellane
04-06-2010, 05:25 PM
looks good. wish i would actually take the time and get all my wires and such all cleaned up

michaellane
04-06-2010, 05:26 PM

newb

thericanballer
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
whats that supposed to mean

looks good. wish i would actually take the time and get all my wires and such all cleaned up
thanks, yah i wanted it to look as clean as possible

newb
me?

michaellane
04-06-2010, 05:30 PM
no the canadain is the newb. given your space and what not your install looks good. could have been better but if youre like me...why clean it all up when i switch out ever 1-3months? my brand new sa8's are coming out this week for a 18 then thats coming out for my new psi 12....so who cares....

thericanballer
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
no the canadain is the newb. given your space and what not your install looks good. could have been better but if youre like me...why clean it all up when i switch out ever 1-3months? my brand new sa8's are coming out this week for a 18 then thats coming out for my new psi 12....so who cares....

yah not much space in this car. the reason i did the speakers like that is bc in my jeep you can get the door panels off to put speakers in, so i had to do it like i did so i could have voices. and omg, your crazy, i plan to have this system for at least a year lol. can i has your 18? lol
btw, how could it have been better? for future reference

randpost
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
nice setup. VIDEO!

JL Audio
04-06-2010, 06:38 PM
what lvl is that? 4? 4xl? Overall nice looking setup, I miss my jeep, had 4 solo x 18s sitting in it at one time, and they never got used before getting sold lol.

the Answer
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
what lvl is that? 4? 4xl? Overall nice looking setup, I miss my jeep, had 4 solo x 18s sitting in it at one time, and they never got used before getting sold lol.
its a xl

hatedonmostly
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
yah not much space in this car. the reason i did the speakers like that is bc in my jeep you can get the door panels off to put speakers in, so i had to do it like i did so i could have voices. and omg, your crazy, i plan to have this system for at least a year lol. can i has your 18? lol

what

justafifteen
04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Looks pretty good. How's it sound? I just finished my box for my SDC 15 and it looks just like that, only white :D

tylork92
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
How do you like those PG Ryvals? are they the ycomps or caoxials? i was lookin at those a while back on ebay and never could find any reviews on em.

Snow90
04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
what

It's hard to speak dumby but I'm pretty sure he means he couldn't fit the 2 sets in each door panel.

ricanballer- Ever thought about glassing your doors?

hatedonmostly
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
It's hard to speak dumby but I'm pretty sure he means he couldn't fit the 2 sets in each door panel.

four doors, four speakers

what is problem :confused:

the727kid
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Looks good but to make it look better I can give ya a few tips. (Don't take offense, everyone gets better with time and criticism of course)

1. Paint job on the box. An electric sander going 80/220/500/1000 would of made a worlds difference with the paint. (Still fixable)

2. The wiring... heat shrink + techflex will make a night and day difference, along with better terminal connections. A few zipties and a little rerouting of the wires and your A+. (Speaker/Remote for the Audioque amp I would drill a hole so the wires come up from under it and right into the amp, same for the crunch amp. I would reroute the fuse holder on the right to put it on the otherside so it is hidden and run the wire on the backside so it is hidden as well and have it come up on the backside of the battery.

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
nice setup. VIDEO!
thanks i will try to soon

xl, and thats crazy

Looks pretty good. How's it sound? I just finished my box for my SDC 15 and it looks just like that, only white :D
sounds great really.

How do you like those PG Ryvals? are they the ycomps or caoxials? i was lookin at those a while back on ebay and never could find any reviews on em.
i love the ryvals. theyre coax's but they get so loud and sound so good. i got four of them for 75

whats that

four doors, four speakers

what is problem :confused:
no, my panels dont come off of my doors so i can put new speakers in. so i have to leave the crappy stock ones in and do what i did in the back

Looks good but to make it look better I can give ya a few tips. (Don't take offense, everyone gets better with time and criticism of course)

1. Paint job on the box. An electric sander going 80/220/500/1000 would of made a worlds difference with the paint. (Still fixable)

2. The wiring... heat shrink + techflex will make a night and day difference, along with better terminal connections. A few zipties and a little rerouting of the wires and your A+. (Speaker/Remote for the Audioque amp I would drill a hole so the wires come up from under it and right into the amp, same for the crunch amp. I would reroute the fuse holder on the right to put it on the otherside so it is hidden and run the wire on the backside so it is hidden as well and have it come up on the backside of the battery.

no hard feelings, im here to learn. thanks for the advice. i had to hand sand it bc i dont have the electric one and i cant afford it lol.

jdawg
04-07-2010, 01:02 AM
lol, seriously dude lol at not being able to take off door panels on a jeep cherokee, one of the easiest vehicles to do work to on the face of the planet

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 01:05 AM
lol, seriously dude lol at not being able to take off door panels on a jeep cherokee, one of the easiest vehicles to do work to on the face of the planet

well, when it comes to the dash yes. but the doors are literally glued on. i asked a guy on youtube with one, and he said he just cut the plastic in front of the stock ones, pulled them out, and the screwed the new ones onto the actually door panel, but i dont want to do that. did u actually get them off

302yota
04-07-2010, 01:20 AM
any other electrical upgrades, besides the single batt in the back?....how well does ur electrical keep up?

jdawg
04-07-2010, 01:22 AM
no they arent, I have worked at chrysler dealerships for the past 10 years, they take them off all the time. How do you think they get in there and fix window motors, wiring, etc.? Just buy a whole new door already painted with glass and everything already in it and install in on the jeep? What if you latch breaks? I guess you are fuked cause you cant get the door open to get it off and install an entire whole new door. If you cant get them off then take it to a repair shop so they can do it for you in about 15 seconds.

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 01:26 AM
any other electrical upgrades, besides the single batt in the back?....how well does ur electrical keep up?
just the second bat and big 3. but i have no voltage drops at all.

no they arent, I have worked at chrysler dealerships for the past 10 years, they take them off all the time. How do you think they get in there and fix window motors, wiring, etc.? Just buy a whole new door already painted with glass and everything already in it and install in on the jeep? What if you latch breaks? I guess you are fuked cause you cant get the door open to get it off and install an entire whole new door. If you cant get them off then take it to a repair shop so they can do it for you in about 15 seconds.

i think i rather role the the speakers in the back lol. thanks tho

KyleBechtold
04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
what year? my sis had one and the door panels are screwed in with a few small screws and then they pop up then off.. real easy..

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 01:30 AM
what year? my sis had one and the door panels are screwed in with a few small screws and then they pop up then off.. real easy..

97, idk what you guys are talking bout, maybe the previous owner did this to them lol. bc they are impossible to take off

mxer657
04-07-2010, 02:17 AM
looks nice...
Don't like the speakers but I do like the grills and how everything is blacked out. Adds a nice touch to it :)

hatedonmostly
04-07-2010, 03:42 AM
just the second bat and big 3. but i have no voltage drops at all.

i think i rather role the the speakers in the back lol. thanks tho

extreme facepalm

michaellane
04-07-2010, 04:05 AM
buddy of mine bought a car and come to find out the other owner glued his panels on as well...its possible...mine pop off with a screw driver :) lol

hatedonmostly
04-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Then chisel that **** off and install it the right way...

michaellane
04-07-2010, 04:11 AM

ya but then he would have to reglue and could mess up something. we couldnt even begin to get my buddys off. they like glues not just the seam but like put glue all over the back of it...was horrible lol....im thinking he has some screws he isnt seeing to remove or something tho

michaellane
04-07-2010, 04:13 AM

its can i haZ your 18...but give me a few weeks and yes id give you a awesome deal on it....waiting to hear back from the guy now....

tylork92
04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Wonder how the ryval comps compare to the pg rsd comps?

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Wonder how the ryval comps compare to the pg rsd comps?

theAnswer, hes a member on here, he bought the comps right after i bought the coaxs, and he said theyre sound great, im guessing the rsds would be even better. but for the price you cant beat them

tylork92
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
theAnswer, hes a member on here, he bought the comps right after i bought the coaxs, and he said theyre sound great, im guessing the rsds would be even better. but for the price you cant beat them

well im running one set of RSDs now but im currently working on fiberglass doorpanels for my truck (i have a build log for em on here) and am looking to get 2 matching sets of comps and just wondering if the Ryvals would be able to keep up with my DC LVL4 15 in my Ranger.

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
looks nice...
Don't like the speakers but I do like the grills and how everything is blacked out. Adds a nice touch to it :)
thanks

extreme facepalm
:crap:

not worth it. im already done and idk how long ill have this car anyways

its can i haZ your 18...but give me a few weeks and yes id give you a awesome deal on it....waiting to hear back from the guy now....
what 18 is it anyways

themgators511
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks nice :) why isnt there any vids????????? Or is the amp still broken?

thericanballer
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Looks nice :) why isnt there any vids????????? Or is the amp still broken?

nope no vids yet. i figured out what the prob was thru process of elimination and imma fix it asap

themgators511
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
nope no vids yet. i figured out what the prob was thru process of elimination and imma fix it asap

What was the problem?

mbrooky
04-08-2010, 03:36 PM
thanks i will try to soon

xl, and thats crazy

sounds great really.

i love the ryvals. theyre coax's but they get so loud and sound so good. i got four of them for 75

whats that

no, my panels dont come off of my doors so i can put new speakers in. so i have to leave the crappy stock ones in and do what i did in the back

no hard feelings, im here to learn. thanks for the advice. i had to hand sand it bc i dont have the electric one and i cant afford it lol.

glass=fiberglass

and if there are stock speakers in your doors obviously the panels come off.:suicide:

Ray21
04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I agree with most that the massive rear stage you have needs to go... I'd do whatever it takes to your front speakers setup properly, hell you have everything else done alright.

michaellane
04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
its a fi q with the bp option...will take 1500--200daily

Go2Sleep
04-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Out of curiousity what kind of paint did you apply to that box. looks like you brushed it on vs spray paint!?

mlstrass
04-08-2010, 04:14 PM

Good luck with that. If you ever read what the original BP option was for it was NOT for daily, it was to allow for higher power handling for burps/metering. Throw 2kw at that sub daily and see what happens....

CranberryYumYum
04-08-2010, 05:01 PM
it might take 1500. but if your name is michaellane it will only take 1200

hatedonmostly
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
ya but then he would have to reglue and could mess up something. we couldnt even begin to get my buddys off. they like glues not just the seam but like put glue all over the back of it...was horrible lol....im thinking he has some screws he isnt seeing to remove or something tho
no

I agree with most that the massive rear stage you have needs to go... I'd do whatever it takes to your front speakers setup properly, hell you have everything else done alright.
yes

it might take 1500. but if your name is michaellane it will only take 1200
lol

thericanballer
04-08-2010, 09:21 PM
glass=fiberglass

and if there are stock speakers in your doors obviously the panels come off.:suicide:
oh ok.
i no but seriously, i have tried everything without damaging the door panels. i might try the fiber glass tho

well, i no most ppl dont like it, but i actually like it. and it works for what i have to work around

what are you talking bout?

Out of curiousity what kind of paint did you apply to that box. looks like you brushed it on vs spray paint!?
its spray paint. the letters were brushed

CranberryYumYum
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
what are you talking bout?

he is trying to sell you his sub

thericanballer
04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
he is trying to sell you his sub

why, i dont want it. lol.

DB-Audio
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
looks nice man have you tried using a flat head to get the door panels off just stick it in and run it around until you find the clips... and also i to have the ryval coaxs in my doors very good speakers for what they are got all 4 for 100$ cant beat that price for 6x8's

thericanballer
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
looks nice man have you tried using a flat head to get the door panels off just stick it in and run it around until you find the clips... and also i to have the ryval coaxs in my doors very good speakers for what they are got all 4 for 100$ cant beat that price for 6x8's

dude ive everything. to the point to where the panels might break so i stop. and yes they are very very very good speakers

CranberryYumYum
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
why, i dont want it. lol.

no idea why. if he thinks it's gonna handle 2k watts i don't think anyone should buy it

thericanballer
04-08-2010, 10:59 PM
no idea why. if he thinks it's gonna handle 2k watts i don't think anyone should buy it

is he talking bout the purple, pink rainbow colored one?

CranberryYumYum
04-08-2010, 11:22 PM
is he talking bout the purple, pink rainbow colored one?

i think he means the 18" q

hatedonmostly
04-08-2010, 11:23 PM
i think he means the 18" q

lulz this

thericanballer
04-08-2010, 11:56 PM
lulz this

stop lulz'ing its not fair.