PDA

View Full Version : TNESPL 3X in CT..May 16th (rain date 5/23)

SPL Blazer
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Team NorthEast SPL will be having their 1st triple point event in New England on Sunday May 16th. This event is sponsored by DC SoundLab.

New England SPL will be there to run the meter for this event. Rob Woolcot (ThorsHammer) will be the TNESPL Official 3X Judge on hand. Registration begins at 9am and ends at 11:30 am SHARP, judging should be underway by noon. All vehicles WILL BE INSPECTED prior to making any SPL runs, this is a certified event and ALL RULES will be followed. Make sure you are there on time, NO ONE will be allowed to compete in the SPL format until they have been inspected.

The event will take place at the Porter & Chester Institute
WaterChase Dr
Rocky Hill CT 06067

There will be both the TNESPL SPL format and NESPL's SLAMMIN BASS at this show.
Entry fee's will be $30 for the SPL and $20 for Slamnmin Bass, $40 for both.
Trophies will be handed out for 1st - 3rd in all SPL and Slammin Bass classes.
There will also be a trophy Highest DC SoundLab SPL of the Day, meaning the loudest DC set up of the day will win this 4 post trophy.

Per TNESPL rules, competitors must have their membership paid within 14 days of this event to keep their points towards Finals. Membership forms will be available at the show and can be paid for at this time, the TNESPL membership fee is $30 for the 2010 season. It is recommended that everyone have their memberships paid for before the event takes place. To check the rules and classes or to buy a membership Check out their main webpage, Team NorthEast SPL (http://www.teamnortheastspl.com).

This event is part of a large charity car show, they will have several items being raffled off for charity. DC SoundLab is donating a DC 15" Level 4 to the raffle, so bring some $$ for the raffle tickets.

The rain date for this event is set for the following Sunday, May 23rd. Hopefully we won't need it, but with several shows last year getting rained out it's a good idea.

BassBrawlinBill
04-06-2010, 12:27 AM
I can't wait for this event. I plan on scooping up my TNESPL membership tomorrow afternoon! Finally figured out my class and by this show I will be much more ready to post a good score.

SPL140.2
04-06-2010, 05:11 AM
Good luck fellas n welcome to TNESPL :D

egg

SPL Blazer
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
One thing to keep in mind, since this will be a certified multi point event you will need to be a member at the time of the event in order for any records to kept. If your score puts you in the top 20 then you will need to be an official member within 7 days of the event in order for your score to be recorded in the top 20. You will have to be member within 14 days of the even in order for you to keep any points earned towards Finals. Anyone can compete, but only members will be allowed to accrue points towards Finals.

SICK GV
04-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I gotta be ready for this show. The car will be multi-colored and look like hell on the poutside but trust that its whats inside that counts. More matting to be done 2nite and Dave L. will tell you I dont mess around when it comes to covering this beotch. This car is practically bomb proof. Lets put on a good show boys and show TNESPL that we are for real.

loudmofo
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I gotta be ready for this show. The car will be multi-colored and look like hell on the poutside but trust that its whats inside that counts. More matting to be done 2nite and Dave L. will tell you I dont mess around when it comes to covering this beotch. This car is practically bomb proof. Lets put on a good show boys and show TNESPL that we are for real.

tell me something to motivate me into competeting :)

SPL Blazer
04-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Should be a decent turnout for this one, quite a few guys from NY are planning on coming out for this one.

loudmofo
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Should be a decent turnout for this one, quite a few guys from NY are planning on coming out for this one.

well my explorer is empty no subs no box no amps its almost in stock forum :(

SPL Blazer
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
So sell the new car and buy more gear, lol

loudmofo
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
So sell the new car and buy more gear, lol
or sell the explorer and quit i need to be motivated and i dont see be wanting to do db drag with everyone there quiting.

SPL Blazer
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I hear ya, but thats a good reason to compete in more local events instead, like TNESPL. Of course there's always USACi too.

SICK GV
04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
I hear ya Mike. I sold everything in the Jeep to build this new car and my motivation is starting to lag. I like that TNESPL is in the area and they offer a finals without having to go to Texas. If you want some motivation maybe you should just start talkin smack on hear and hope someone is dumb enough to call you out lol Thats what I do although it hasnt really worked lately because everone on here is a bunch of FAGG0TS!

SPL140.2
04-07-2010, 06:44 PM
You fellas wont be dissapointed in TNESPL it is a great org to compete in, most of us used to compete in IASCA, we held most of the events in one year and when the decision came down to where to hold finals bam way down south. That plus other things made a certain someone start TNESPL. Im glad to see the org spread out a bit more. Im retired from competing but still love to hang with the friends that I have met at the comps and support them as well as our team. Hope to see and meet some of you newcomers at finals. BTW, if you go to the website in my sig theres TNESPL decals for sale. Have fun guys and give Rob a hard time and make him work :)

egg

SICK GV
04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope this Rob fella is in my class. He wont have to work hard....he"ll need the help of baby Jesus to get him through this season :)

SPL Blazer
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Actually I think he is in your class, he's gonna be the 3X judge for the show. He's in No Wall, with a trunk and a pair of some loud *** 10's.

SPL Blazer
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I got the SPL format trophies in this week, a nice triple post for the 1st place competitors.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/creatormass/car%20Shows/DCTrophies.jpg

SPL140.2
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
very nice trophies

loudmofo
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I hear ya Mike. I sold everything in the Jeep to build this new car and my motivation is starting to lag. I like that TNESPL is in the area and they offer a finals without having to go to Texas. If you want some motivation maybe you should just start talkin smack on hear and hope someone is dumb enough to call you out lol Thats what I do although it hasnt really worked lately because everone on here is a bunch of FAGG0TS!
wounder what the nw rules in tnespl are, so how loud are you now chris so i can start my build :D

TeamElite-Mike
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
He's loud :) You may have to work this time mike :D

SPL Blazer
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
wounder what the nw rules in tnespl are, so how loud are you now chris so i can start my build :D

Just keep it under the window line and your good.

SPL Blazer
04-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I also have a nice 4 post trophy for the Loudest DC Audio vehicle of the day, since they are the sponsor of this event. And there's a DC Sub on it's way for the raffle too.

SICK GV
04-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Not as loud as your Jeep..... Im not the loudest in the world but should place in the top 3. At least in CT lol

ACT Audio
04-13-2010, 09:48 AM
cannot wait for this show..... big days are coming

SPL Blazer
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I got a new 18" DC SoundLab Level 4 in today, this will be raffled off at the show with all proceeds going to charity. I was only expecting a 12" or a 15" from Rusty, but he figured bigger was better, so someone's gonna be loud this season.

SmokeyDog
04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I also have a nice 4 post trophy for the Loudest DC Audio vehicle of the day, since they are the sponsor of this event. And there's a DC Sub on it's way for the raffle too.

you half to run DC in you car to win loudest of the day trophy

spltuscon
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I'd love to win that 18...something I've never owned...yet

loudmofo
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
i hope im ready by then :)

SICK GV
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
What are you building Mike? You gonna be in No Wall? Times like this I wish my new amp was fixed. If Im runnin against you I wont be able to sandbag like I wanted. Its balls man...pure balls. Thanks jerk face A-hole

loudmofo
04-14-2010, 05:22 PM
What are you building Mike? You gonna be in No Wall? Times like this I wish my new amp was fixed. If Im runnin against you I wont be able to sandbag like I wanted. Its balls man...pure balls. Thanks jerk face A-hole
i wonder if 6 18s can fit below the headrests :)

Mr. Slate
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes they can.

SICK GV
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Question is can they fit below the window line? Cant wait to see it out though. I could only squeeze 2 15s in my car. Still dont know if ill use them or 2 12s. Most likely Ill be testing the night before. Still workin on the roll pan and tryin to get at least primer on the car before our show at Hooters.

thorshammer1
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
What you need to be ready?

I'm looking forward to my Demo!

thorshammer1
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Biggest rule for No Wall in TNESPL

Box can be no taller than 25in. This includes the hieght of anything attatched to the top of the box.

I look forward to you kicking my AZZ! Wooot!!

thorshammer1
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I hope this Rob fella is in my class. He wont have to work hard....he"ll need the help of baby Jesus to get him through this season :)

Who needs Jesus when you wield Thorshammer:viking2:

No worries I got a Trunk what the hell can I really do? :naughty:

SPL Blazer
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM

Box can be no taller than 25in. This includes the hieght of anything attatched to the top of the box.
!

I thought in No Wall it has to be below the window line regardless of height, but in WC and WCP it has the 25" height limit?

SPL Blazer
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
you half to run DC in you car to win loudest of the day trophy

Yup, it's not a loudest of the day, it's a Loudest DC system of the day. Since DC is the sponsor of the event.

SmokeyDog
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Who needs Jesus when you wield Thorshammer:viking2:

No worries I got a Trunk what the hell can I really do? :naughty:

i dont know but i bet we going to find out real soon

loudmofo
04-14-2010, 10:26 PM

I look forward to you kicking my AZZ! Wooot!!

are you sure its 25in and would it be 25in from the back or from the front floor of the b pillar cause i planned on having no back seats and going into the cargo area of my explorer with the batterys under the box where the back seats were.

SPL Blazer
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Pro -No Wall-: Unlimited Cone Area - Enclosure and equipment must fall below bottom edge of rear factory window glass.

This is the only thing the rules state for No Wall, all the Woofercooker and WooferCooker Pro classes state that the enclosure can be no taller than 25", but I just looked and didn't see anything about a 25" rule for No Wall.

SmokeyDog
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Enclosures and all other stereo related equipment in other type of vehicle other than pickup trucks may not be taller than 25 inches from the lowest point of the floor in the trunk and/or cargo area. Unlike pickup trucks, equipment can raise above the bottom edge of the rear window in SUV or hatch back type vehicles. This includes anything and everything attached to the enclosure. Examples of attachments are amplifiers, speakers, lighting, carpet, vinyl, suede, plastic, sound deadening, wire, sting ray, snake skin, ash trays, televisions, antennas, satellite dishes, gps units, computers, alarm or remote start modules, coolers, refrigerator, freezers, laptops, trophies, felt, polyester, cotton, crossovers, equalizers, sound processors, speaker grills, power cells, batteries, caps, legs, props, amp racks, pens, pencils, markers, paper, gift cards, food, drinks, seats, floor buildups, 50/50 tickets, etc... All stereo equipment as well as power storage devices must remain within the cargo area or trunk. No stereo equipment or power storage devices may ever be forward of the "B" pillar at any time.

Eddie Havok
04-14-2010, 10:56 PM
might come out to this. just very confused on the rules.

SICK GV
04-15-2010, 09:11 AM
The rules for N/W are kinda gray. Whats the final verdict Rob? Is it 25 inches because that would almost make my car a full wall lol. And Im guessing behind the B pillar you dont need factory panels not like my car comes with any of that Im just curious.

thorshammer1
04-15-2010, 04:32 PM
The rules for N/W are kinda gray. Whats the final verdict Rob? Is it 25 inches because that would almost make my car a full wall lol. And Im guessing behind the B pillar you dont need factory panels not like my car comes with any of that Im just curious.

I took the time to confirm with McVay and yes the 25in rule applies to no wall. It is 25in from the lowest point in the car and you can not exceed the window line.

SPL Blazer
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Sounds good Rob, might wanna have Chris put this in the rules on the website though. It doesn't say anything about 25" in the Pro section, just that it can't go above the window line.

thorshammer1
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I'll see that it gets adjusted by Chris. This isnt the first time its come up lol Pretty much every yr its the same question lol

SPL Blazer
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Figure you guys in NY all know these rules, but TNE is all new to us.

Mr. Slate
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
What is McVay doing these days?

thorshammer1
04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
What is McVay doing these days?

Still repping for Kinetik,playing golf and wearing spf 250 for his head lol

SICK GV
04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I could use some of that. My bald *** head usually gets burned pretty good during the season :(

Mr. Slate
04-16-2010, 08:16 PM

Whatever happened to his vehicle?

thorshammer1
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
sold them both

Mr. Slate
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Oh, ok.
On a side note, I was in Albany last night. Saw a sign that said, Buffalo 303(or some crazy number) miles and that was after I traveled 2 1/2 hrs.
Isn't TNESPL based out of the Buffalo area?

SPL Blazer
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Not sure about Buffalo, but it is from Western NY. The HQ is in LiverPool NY.

thorshammer1
04-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh, ok.
On a side note, I was in Albany last night. Saw a sign that said, Buffalo 303(or some crazy number) miles and that was after I traveled 2 1/2 hrs.
Isn't TNESPL based out of the Buffalo area?

Actually we started in Central NY and Eastern Canada. This year we grew and now have active Judges all over. Theres a new Judge being announced shortly for western Canada and PA :)

SPL140.2
04-17-2010, 12:40 AM

lmao why does everyone pick on casper :D

Mr. Slate
04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Actually we started in Central NY and Eastern Canada. This year we grew and now have active Judges all over. Theres a new Judge being announced shortly for western Canada and PA :)

So your shows are basically near Oneida?

loudmofo
04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
well i decided to wall the explorer so no nowall for me hope its louder then before on music my goal is loud demo music and street beatz :)

SPL Blazer
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Thats cool, I thought you might be quitting.

Mr. Slate
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
well i decided to wall the explorer so no nowall for me hope its louder then before on music my goal is loud demo music and street beatz :)

A walled musical Explorer has already been done in New England, Mike lol.

loudmofo
04-21-2010, 08:45 PM
A walled musical Explorer has already been done in New England, Mike lol.

not one at 160db :)

SPLaudio
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
chris's mazda pick up was nasty loud! miss all those shows in oswego and adams back in the idbl days. i remember those shows on thursday evenings thru the summer then everyone showed back up for the sunday show. good times!

Mr. Slate
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
not one at 160db :)

Actually there has but not in our area. I have to find that link for you. Apparently 160 in an Explorer can cause some structual damage.

Mr. Slate
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
chris's mazda pick up was nasty loud! miss all those shows in oswego and adams back in the idbl days. i remember those shows on thursday evenings thru the summer then everyone showed back up for the sunday show. good times!

Been to the best of New York thingy up there in Adams a few years ago. That was quite a ride, lol.

Mr. Slate
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Actually there has but not in our area. I have to find that link for you. Apparently 160 in an Explorer can cause some structual damage.

Here it is Mike:

160 dB @ 34 Hz ! (http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/3/7158.html)

CRXBMPN
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I remember Alex G in CT doing a 160 in Stock 3 on that ac meter... first to do a 60 in stock class back in 05... i have my suspicions about that # :laugh:
that was in his Exploder right?

Mr. Slate
04-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes it was his. His brother had one also.

loudmofo
04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I remember Alex G in CT doing a 160 in Stock 3 on that ac meter... first to do a 60 in stock class back in 05... i have my suspicions about that # :laugh:
that was in his Exploder right?
lets not go there lol :D

Mr. Slate
04-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Why, what happened?

loudaccent
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
i have a explorer : )

CRXBMPN
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I know you do Rob, I talked to TJ a bit :)

Rueben was cool too, I loved competing with all you guys!

why, what happened? IDK same thing that happened with the guy who had the MA setup and did a 57 at the same show? in Stock 2? mmhmm... haha.

Mr. Slate
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, LOL!!!! Now I remember! :wow::wow::wow:Wasn't that here in North Haven?

thorshammer1
04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Couple weeks away! Hope everyones building like Crazy!!

SPL Blazer
04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
We'll see, I have to wait for my recones from Rusty before I can have my XL's ready for this one. Won't have anything good for amps til after this either.

CRXBMPN
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
was it? It was an early spring show @ Tweeter. I got there late with Toby and b/c my batts were in front of the shock tower I had to eat it and be in his class instead of stock 2, which is fine because I would rather lose to a legit # than a pinched cord 57 or whatever.

Mr. Slate
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes, Tweeter that was here in North Haven, Ct.

SICK GV
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Couple weeks away! Hope everyones building like Crazy!!

Trying to homey. So far a 145.4 dont look so good for N/W. I might have to try WC 2 or 3 instead. 50's used to come easy but now it seams so far away...

loudmofo
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Trying to homey. So far a 145.4 dont look so good for N/W. I might have to try WC 2 or 3 instead. 50's used to come easy but now it seams so far away...

liar :)

SICK GV
04-26-2010, 09:04 PM
:sneaky: I dont know what your talkin about.....

CRXBMPN
04-27-2010, 06:11 AM
yeah i smell a load of horse **** on that one :laugh:

SICK GV
04-27-2010, 08:04 AM
OK Ill post a video of the car burpin and throw it up on the site. The car itself is starting to look cool though. Still got a ton of bodywork to do. I dont have a 20k like people think I do. Right now Id be lucky if I had 3k

SPL Blazer
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Two weeks to go.

SmokeyDog
05-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Two weeks to go.

cant wait

loudsw2
05-05-2010, 10:13 AM
think im gonna end up just dropping something in night before the show like we usually do, so swamped with work but wanna make it to this event so badly, prob only gonna be a couple team cars there. but we all quiet , just looking to have a good time

Eddie Havok
05-06-2010, 12:16 AM
im confused on this event. you have to be a tnespl member to compete in spl classes?

PioneerSPL1990
05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
wish i had the proper equipment and the build actually dne right to show, plus i never put in for the time off :x

BassBrawlinBill
05-06-2010, 12:48 AM
im confused on this event. you have to be a tnespl member to compete in spl classes?

nope, only to get the points towards finals. Even then you have 14 days after the after the event to get your membership to keep the points.

Non-members are welcome to TNESPL events :-)

Mr. Slate
05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
nope, only to get the points towards finals. Even then you have 14 days after the after the event to get your membership to keep the points.

Non-members are welcome to TNESPL events :-)

Finals trophies bigger then 14"?

SPL Blazer
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
lol, last years trophies looked like they were 6' tall.

SPL Blazer
05-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Talked to Porter & Chester today, as long as the forecast isn't calling for downpours all day the show will go on as scheduled for the 16th. I hear there are competitors coming down from Canada as well as New York and will be getting a hotel the night before, with that in mind I'll double check with the school the Friday before the show just to make sure.

Mr. Slate
05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Question, does a TNESPL champion get the notariety of a IASCA, USACi, MECA or DB Drag champion? Thoughts?

SPL Blazer
05-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Guess that depends on whether or not you care who the winner is from those orgs, I don't. I couldn't tell you any of the top winners from those orgs, a day after Finals and I'll already forget who it was.

SICK GV
05-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Nate just compete.....I dont think anyone on the NESPL or TNESPL circuit cares about the red tape BS. A big number off the T.L. is good no matter where you are. Its not like the builds or numbers are different from any other organization. Guys I know who are going to USACi finals plan on hitting the TNESPL finals as well. A 160 is a 160 is a 160 lol

street b explor
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
everyone i know like to see who can do it with less. in my book i like the less thing as well cause when ya beat them with less **** they dont forget right chris.

SPL Blazer
05-06-2010, 08:34 PM
The details are being worked out right now, but we may see a TNESPL 1X the night before this show.

tangelo95
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Nate just compete.....I dont think anyone on the NESPL or TNESPL circuit cares about the red tape BS. A big number off the T.L. is good no matter where you are. Its not like the builds or numbers are different from any other organization. Guys I know who are going to USACi finals plan on hitting the TNESPL finals as well. A 160 is a 160 is a 160 lol

A 60 is not just a 60. Drag has alot of rules that others dont. Battery limits and 30'' rule will change scores. street classes are much harder in drag

loudsw2
05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
and no batcaps..... =X

tangelo95
05-07-2010, 01:54 AM
and no batcaps..... =X

I wish drag would make them legal . I wouldnt mind having them

SPL Blazer
05-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I wish drag would make them legal . I wouldnt mind having them

You can have them, just not in Street A-C or Street Stock.

SICK GV
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
A 60 is not just a 60. Drag has alot of rules that others dont. Battery limits and 30'' rule will change scores. street classes are much harder in drag

Unless Drag makes a comeback in the area its pointless to even consider it. And I stand by my 60 statement. Not everyone builds for stock or street classes. I did it for awhile but got bored and moved up in class to try suttin different.

SPL Blazer
05-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Drags has way too many rules, some good and some just stupid. It's not fun doing Drags with so many rules to follow. A limit on equipment is nice to force competitors to actually build to get loud, but it's also going to limit the number of competitors that actually make it past a rookie class. Kinda like it is now, how many Street A competitors are there in the NorthEast? Or Street B? What, maybe two in each class at the most. And having to drive 16 hours to a Finals blows if you don't have a **** ton of money sitting in your bank account so you can take a week off and drive all that way. With the exception of the Drags shows on the Island that Rob is running and the multi point ones in Western NY, I don't see any hitting New England or any other part of the NorthEast. I'll stick with TNESPL and a Finals thats only 5 hours from me.

SICK GV
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
X2 couldn't have said it better myself.

BassBrawlinBill
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
couldn't agree more, TNESPL & NESPL is where its at... they make efforts to have shows in and near my state and grow the sport so they have my support 100%. Besides, all the cool kids are doing it! ;^)

Mr. Slate
05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Drags has way too many rules, some good and some just stupid. It's not fun doing Drags with so many rules to follow. A limit on equipment is nice to force competitors to actually build to get loud, but it's also going to limit the number of competitors that actually make it past a rookie class. Kinda like it is now, how many Street A competitors are there in the NorthEast? Or Street B? What, maybe two in each class at the most. And having to drive 16 hours to a Finals blows if you don't have a **** ton of money sitting in your bank account so you can take a week off and drive all that way. With the exception of the Drags shows on the Island that Rob is running and the multi point ones in Western NY, I don't see any hitting New England or any other part of the NorthEast. I'll stick with TNESPL and a Finals thats only 5 hours from me.

Bob, Rooney, Jessie, Manny and even Ron always did well with those drag rules. And seriously, I know you're not even trying to compare that TN thing to drag. You gotta be kiding, really.
What I see around here is a bunch of new jacks making a lot of excuses because non of you guys would even qualify for a 3X drag event so now you bash the biggest and best organization. You don't see the drag guys bashing you guys. Actually, I bet they don't know your orgs. exist.
If you were competative enough to hang, then you wouldn't mind traveling. I give Ron much credit. He didn't have the best numbers and he wasn't the "richest" guy in the world but he had much more HEART then a lot of you guys and traveled a great deal and had fun.
Mike Renots has gone to USACi finals the last 3 or 4 years in a row and last year brought home a "world title". Ask him would he trade that for a TNESPL 14" trophy.
Bottom line, compete where you want to but there is no need to bash another organization or its competitors especially when non of you bashers have done nothing in any organization.
Now for the big mouth that's gonna attack me personally for this statement, I'll be more then happy to give you ANOTHER chance to dis me to my face like you had last week.

BassBrawlinBill
05-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Bob, Rooney, Jessie, Manny and even Ron always did well with those drag rules. And seriously, I know you're not even trying to compare that TN thing to drag. You gotta be kiding, really.
What I see around here is a bunch of new jacks making a lot of excuses because non of you guys would even qualify for a 3X drag event so now you bash the biggest and best organization. You don't see the drag guys bashing you guys. Actually, I bet they don't know your orgs. exist.
If you were competative enough to hang, then you wouldn't mind traveling. I give Ron much credit. He didn't have the best numbers and he wasn't the "richest" guy in the world but he had much more HEART then a lot of you guys and traveled a great deal and had fun.
Mike Renots has gone to USACi finals the last 3 or 4 years in a row and last year brought home a "world title". Ask him would he trade that for a TNESPL 14" trophy.
Bottom line, compete where you want to but there is no need to bash another organization or its competitors especially when non of you bashers have done nothing in any organization.
Now for the big mouth that's gonna attack me personally for this statement, I'll be more then happy to give you ANOTHER chance to dis me to my face like you had last week.

I've never dissed Drag other then saying they have NO events any where near me and thats a fact not an opinion. I need more then that, much more! I like to hit at least 1 and 2 if there are 2 every single weekend, TNESPL and NESPL make that possible for me. I have heart, as much heart as ANY 1 in the sport and I sacrifice as much as any 1 one in this sport to compete. I often don't eat so I can upgrade or make more shows, stupid? maybe but its what I love and brings me what is so often ellusive to me: joy.

I don't care how far Finals are, its a once a year thing and worth basically any distance IMO but in order for me to compete in Drags and hit a show every weekend I would have to spend my entire life on the road and have about 10,000 times the amount of money I have now lol. I LOVE to drive any distance, always have always will, but even if I had the money I couldn't do it. I care a less about money so it's not that, it is my family. I care for my elderly grandmother and mother on a daily basis, I am all they have and while they would be fine without me on any given day or even a week they wouldn't be for more then that , their health is just too poor and they depend on me too much.

I know your post wasn't a personal attack on me Nate, but maybe you will stop and think about why a person is saying what they are saying. I complain about Drag because I would love to hit an event every weekend but am frustrated they have not one single event in my state or even New England. I know this is an expensive sport and "the poor" should stay out of competing or so most say but if the only people in this sport were rich every event would be near empty and there would be no one left to reality check the rich folk. ;^)

I am all to aware I am A NOBODY and my opinion doesn't mean **** but for what its worth I will continue to love my local organizations, give them 100% support and continue to wish DB Drag had even one show in my state and exspress my frustration about it.

BassBrawlinBill
05-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Maybe NESPL and TNESPL are not the biggest organizations but at one point no one had ever heard of DB Drag either but it didn't stop its competitors from taking pride in it. I hope you can see where I am coming from, I don't know what others issue is with drag and even if I did I can't speak for others only myself.

To get back on thread, Nate you bringing the evil looking Trooper I saw you post a pic of to this show? Can't wait to see that thing! 1 week left people! WHo's ready!

SPL Blazer
05-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Nate it's not really comparing TNE to Drags, they are two different orgs with different rules, formats etc. My opinion is that TNE shows are more fun to compete in due to less rules and restrictions. If you prefer to compete with a single battery and car off, then do what you like, and bring more Drags events to the area. If you want to compete with a couple batteries and car on, then also, do what you like, and you'll find a lot of shows to compete in. I understand it's all a matter of preference for each competitor, but it seems like some people like to say that if it's not a Drags or USACi event then it's not a real SPL show or Org.

Db Drags is the top org in the world, I don't think anyone can argue that. But if you've noticed, their attendance has continued to drop in the last two seasons at Finals, and the number of shows has also dropped off. I'd like to hope they don't fade away like SlapShow has, but it's gonna take some work to bring it back up again. If someone wants to help them out and run some shows here in New England then great, go for it and I'll post the events on my site, but I won't be running any of them.

SPL Blazer
05-08-2010, 08:28 AM
If you were competative enough to hang, then you wouldn't mind traveling.

Did I miss something Nate, where was there some Drags bashing going on?

I don't know about other competitors, but I really never had any desire to hit a Drags Finals, but that didn't stop me from making long drives for the shows. I hit a 3X in West Virginia, 12 hours each way, and me and TJ hit the 3X in a blizzard at Niagara Falls, 8 hours each way, and that was with no desire to hit a finals, just the desire to come out and have some fun and meet new competitors.

And I'm sure Mike wouldn't trade his title for anything, but for the record, he'll be hitting the TNESPL Finals this year with the rest of us. Thats his words. And from what I've heard there are some big dB Draggers planning to build for TNESPL and NESPL this season, we'll have to wait and see though.

Mr. Slate
05-08-2010, 05:58 PM
And from what I've heard there are some big dB Draggers planning to build for TNESPL and NESPL this season, we'll have to wait and see though.

Yeah, right. Who, Steve Cooke, Rip Rock, SGK, Terry Brock, Peter Augustijnen, Kim, Dante, Team Prodigy, Neill Barber? Who?

hispls
05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
If I can get recone parts for my subs in time I'll try to make it..

spltuscon
05-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I hope you do, I'd love to see what your setup can do!

SPL Blazer
05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah, right. Who, Steve Cooke, Rip Rock, SGK, Terry Brock, Peter Augustijnen, Kim, Dante, Team Prodigy, Neill Barber? Who?

Hmmm, I guess you didn't realize it, but they don't live in New England.

tangelo95
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I blew up my 16k:pissed: but im still coming to compete Loudsw2 hooked me up with his 12k:D

Mr. Slate
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Hmmm, I guess you didn't realize it, but they don't live in New England.

You said "some big" SPLers are building. Name a big SPLer in our area besides 420 and they've been retired for.........................
Although I know Rooney still has his rig.

SICK GV
05-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Nate your just clueless. My bad that you came to my show and wanted to have a conversation about welfare...Sorry I couldnt find time to stop the show and put my car away to make all your hurt feelings go away. Ill make sure I bring some warm milk and cookies for ya big guy. If you think NESPL and TNESPL are a joke then dont compete... as usual. All you do is talk smack but you dont show up with anything so why would any of us give a **** about your opinion? Its not like your cars are competitive in the small time orgs so you def couldnt hang in the big ones. This year my car is built for USACi, Drags, NESPL, and TNESPL and I got no problem going up against the best win or lose. Im so sick of hearing losers blabbing on these forums but dont do chit for the sport. Showing up with a nasty as cigar in your mouth aint helping. Build suttin, bring it out, and stop wasting our time with your " Im too good for all this" attitude.

Mr. Slate
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I gave you an opportunity to repeat that welfare statement to my face and your heart almost jumped out of your punnie drug riddled chest. Never knew you had a studdering problem. Next time you check into rehab, see if they could work on that as well.
No more talk, see you soon.

SICK GV
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
ROTFL!! Ok bro :hilariou:

I was there competing and you were there just for women drama. You figured out finally that you'll never be as loud as me and that makes you sad... I get it. On the other hand its starting to get boring going back and forth with you over the last couple of seasons. We keep hoping you'll show up with a car and show all of us little guys how its done but time and time again we are disappointed. I think its time for a divorce. I want a good rivalry where crap can be said and both guys go and build their hearts out and put on a good show. This has just been a waste of time. Time for me to focus on my goals for 160s :naughty:

Mr. Slate
05-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, go focus on your goal. I have nothing to prove to you, you nobody. 160 in the Yugo, not by you. You lack the knowledge and the build skills. BTW, do a load test on those 8400s. They've been kickin around for a very, very long time. I know the original owner. Good night sweetie.

SICK GV
05-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, go focus on your goal. 160 in the Yugo, not by you. You lack the knowledge and the build skills.

LOL I know suttin you dont know :present:

britdevine
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
If there were 20-30 drag shows within a 2-3 hour driving distance, I would do drag, but since drag is horribly promoted, and you have to always have the best amp, best subs to win, it makes it impossible for most to compete in it financially.

In comes TNESPL, which has shows all over NYS and a few other states this year, is fun, people dont need $10k worth of amps/subs/batteries/wire to compete in the street classes, TNESPL is alot better than drag in Central and Upstate NY

Mr. Slate
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
If there were 20-30 drag shows within a 2-3 hour driving distance, I would do drag, but since drag is horribly promoted, and you have to always have the best amp, best subs to win, it makes it impossible for most to compete in it financially.

In comes TNESPL, which has shows all over NYS and a few other states this year, is fun, people dont need $10k worth of amps/subs/batteries/wire to compete in the street classes, TNESPL is alot better than drag in Central and Upstate NY

I understand what you're trying to say but as TNESPL grows you will see more competitors dumping loads of money in their builds. There are already several guys buying vehicles and just to compete in this org. Look how many Soundigital amps are running around now, and those ain't cheap.
You say it's better then drag in NY, I don't see how, it's basically the same structured format meaning that the metering is exactly the same. The only differences are the classes.
Anyhow, best of luck competing this year.

SPL Blazer
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
You are right that there are a few SD amps around, but those are also in the Pro classes where spending money isn't a big deal. The Rookie classes have a 2K limit and the WooferCooker classes have a 5K limit, so those will help keep it fair and cheaper for the newer competitors. Drags does have the Street Stock class with a 2K limit and thats good for the rookies too, but after a year or two of competing you have to go to Street and expect to start dumping thousands of dollars in gear every year to be competitive. With Woofercooker and a 5K limit you don't have to keep buying bigger and newer amps, what you will have to do is learn to build a more efficient enclosure and the right subs for it. The sport shouldn't have to be super expensive for people to come out and have fun, thats where TNESPL is a bonus, until you get into the WCPro and Pro classes, but not everyone will get into those.

tangelo95
05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Power is not that big a deal I have no idea why evryone thinks that power is the only thing to make people get loud. Trust me most of us guys who run the big amps on a small amount of battery are not seeing the power most people think we are. My crx will kill my durango even with 5k. So how is power such an advantage its really the car that helps more then the equipment.

CRXBMPN
05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
well duh of course a crx will get louder than a durango... my crx was 3-4db louder than my acura rsx straight up, both hatches, same equip, oh well... you can buy an amp or three or a better sub setup or you can buy a diff car lol, money always gets allocated one way or another but it stays in the general hobby aka car audio itself.

SPL Blazer
05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Power is not that big a deal I have no idea why evryone thinks that power is the only thing to make people get loud. Trust me most of us guys who run the big amps on a small amount of battery are not seeing the power most people think we are. My crx will kill my durango even with 5k. So how is power such an advantage its really the car that helps more then the equipment.

Of course power isn't the only thing that gets you loud, but it is an important and sometimes very expensive part of it. Vehicle, enclosure design, enclosure placement, sub size and design, those are all important for getting loud and next buying a certain vehicle for it, power is the 2nd most expensive part of SPL.

thorshammer1
05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
You are right that there are a few SD amps around, but those are also in the Pro classes where spending money isn't a big deal. The Rookie classes have a 2K limit and the WooferCooker classes have a 5K limit, so those will help keep it fair and cheaper for the newer competitors. Drags does have the Street Stock class with a 2K limit and thats good for the rookies too, but after a year or two of competing you have to go to Street and expect to start dumping thousands of dollars in gear every year to be competitive. With Woofercooker and a 5K limit you don't have to keep buying bigger and newer amps, what you will have to do is learn to build a more efficient enclosure and the right subs for it. The sport shouldn't have to be super expensive for people to come out and have fun, thats where TNESPL is a bonus, until you get into the WCPro and Pro classes, but not everyone will get into those.

Well said :)

thorshammer1
05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Whats the weather looking like?

loudmofo
05-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Whats the weather looking like?

70 and sunny well i have some bad news was going to start the build today but i didnt think we would of had enuff time to finish it in time so im not sure what im going to do to make the show maybe i can do woofercooker pro class i can build something tomorrow with what i have here we will see.

thorshammer1
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Have you done any testing with the k9's yet?

I got some test results if your interested lol

loudmofo
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Have you done any testing with the k9's yet?

I got some test results if your interested lol

nope not yet amps still in the boxes care to share your tests i have the k9s by the way

SICK GV
05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Mike I got some SICK boxes if you wanna try some out. Got a couple 15 boxes as well as 12's. They all will handle the power your gonna throw at them. Not to mention got a couple Bataps left over

thorshammer1
05-11-2010, 08:41 PM
With the Ab 1100.1's I was able to pull 7k per amp with a retarded rise for whatever reason. Pulled 1160amps from the pr. Seems to like 140v as its best output. With 6 batts voltage did not drop below 11.4v. I was demoing the AB's strapped at .5 and had no issues. Voltage set at 15.3v and droping to 13.6v

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB2.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB3.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/ThoratCarlisle.jpg

I know its not a k9 but its similar;)

loudmofo
05-11-2010, 08:42 PM
you got that 15 box from the jeep :)

loudmofo
05-11-2010, 08:43 PM
With the Ab 1100.1's I was able to pull 7k per amp with a retarded rise for whatever reason. Pulled 1160amps from the pr. Seems to like 140v as its best output. With 6 batts voltage did not drop below 11.4v. I was demoing the AB's strapped at .5 and had no issues. Voltage set at 15.3v and droping to 13.6v

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB2.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/CarlislePicofAB3.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii249/swoolcot/ThoratCarlisle.jpg

I know its not a k9 but its similar;)
how many battery ill be using 10 xs power 3100d

thorshammer1
05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Mike I got 5 2400's and 1 2000

SICK GV
05-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes sir Its at the shop looking pretty and wanting a good home.

NESPL Cat
05-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Can't wait for this show, I'll be able get all those trophies out of our bedroom, lol. No room left in the garage for them.

spltuscon
05-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Well I sold 3 of my personal competition boxes today, so I'm scrambling to put another one together now. Should be an interesting show for sure.

loudsw2
05-11-2010, 10:26 PM
very excited for this show, tangelo and myself with a couple buddys(ridealongs) will be coming from LI, now i just gotta get my *** in motion cause i dont have a single piece of equipment in this car , except for my killer cd player :crazy:
just gonna drop in something and go for it haha like we always do

thorshammer1
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
I need a couch or a floor to park mine and my wifes butt:)

SICK GV
05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you guys lookin for a place to stay Rob?

SPL Blazer
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Dang, I have my mom in-law coming up for the weekend to watch my daughter while we're doing the shows so our couch is taken and in our tiny place there isn't much floor space left either. I hope someone on here has some space for ya.

I thought you might be splitting a room with some of the competitors coming out.

thorshammer1
05-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Are you guys lookin for a place to stay Rob?

Yes sir :)

SICK GV
05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Aight let me see what I can come up with.

BassBrawlinBill
05-13-2010, 03:34 AM
You are welcome at my home any time Rob, however I am like 2.5 hours north of this show so not sure how much that helps you, so if Chris can find you space in CT I'd go that route but again your and your family are welcome here any time.

-Bill

thorshammer1
05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Loving this!

Rocky Hill Weekend Weather Forecast (06067) - weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/06067)

TeamElite-Mike
05-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I think we all need to crash chris' house for a saturday night party......

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe after the 1X in Mass.

TeamElite-Mike
05-13-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't think chris is hitting the 1x so we can start without everyone who goes to the 1x then they can join in later :)

SICK GV
05-13-2010, 05:41 PM
lmao Rachel is reading this saying " Not with me here" lol Def gonna be partying it up Sat and Sun but after the news I just got its def not gonna be at my house.

thorshammer1
05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
What ya got for cheap hotels?

loudmofo
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
iam set to hit the lowest number ever at a show lol :)

TeamElite-Mike
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
We could bring "special" trophy for you mike :D

SICK GV
05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I feel bad for the competition if Mike is anything like me......I also am about to hit the lowest number ever.

loudmofo
05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I feel bad for the competition if Mike is anything like me......I also am about to hit the lowest number ever.

yea but im not kidding :(

SICK GV
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Rob I keep seeing prices around $95 a night. Im sure there is cheaper but Im still looking. Trying to find a place you can bunk for free but so far everyone is being fukin gey. They are requesting head.......from you... bunch a queermos around here.

SICK GV
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
yea but im not kidding :(

Me neither.. You wanna borrow my box?

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
lol, I had to borrow a sub and a box for this show, only way to get points in the right class until my 15's are here.

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 08:01 PM
What ya got for cheap hotels?

Any TNE guys coming out from NY that you can split a room with?

loudmofo
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Me neither.. You wanna borrow my box?

you got a 15in i can borrow also lol mine are in maine :) all i have here was 1 10in dd9510 and 2 3510s my best today was 144db lol

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Hmm, that sounds almost like my daily 10's box.

loudaccent
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
i live out on long island

thorshammer1
05-13-2010, 09:27 PM
If all else fails I can sleep in the car lol It wont be the first time :)

I'll be rocking the spl xl's for 1 last romp lol

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 09:39 PM
lol, if it came down to that I'd let ya sleep in the trailer I'm renting for the show. Can fit a mattress in that thing.

SICK GV
05-13-2010, 10:09 PM
you got a 15in i can borrow also lol mine are in maine :) all i have here was 1 10in dd9510 and 2 3510s my best today was 144db lol

I would but I split mine up between teammates that blew there subs. I only have boxes and Batcaps.

loudmofo
05-13-2010, 10:11 PM
I would but I split mine up between teammates that blew there subs. I only have boxes and Batcaps.

guess its 144db for me lol

TeamElite-Mike
05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
I have an IA 187 12" if you want that :D other then that I have nothing :(

SPL Blazer
05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Steve, is there going to be slamming bass at this show?

Yup, it's on the website, lol. Trophies for 1st-3rd in all Slammin Bass classes.

TeamElite-Mike
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I saw it right after I posted :D

Mike-If bob has your subs I can grab them for you, I drive right by.

tangelo95
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
anyone know if there will be power available at the show?

SPL Blazer
05-16-2010, 12:33 AM
anyone know if there will be power available at the show?

We'll assume that there isn't any available, people can feel free to look around the side of the building and see if there's an outlet but that wasn't an issue that came up last year at that show, so I never asked about it. I'll be getting power for the show from inside the building, so I don't know if there are any outside outlets, but you can always look around.

Marlo Stanfield
05-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Anyone have pics from the show today?? I was up in NY visiting family and was hoping to check out the show but didn't have time to do so.

street b explor
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
congats to all was a good day i know the few of us that were there had a good time congrats to Rob backing his # from the last show. Nice loudest dc audio of the day and 3 firsts congrats vids will be up soon as i get them in. Murilo hit me up lets talk.

spltuscon
05-17-2010, 09:41 AM
It was a good show, some big numbers at this one and got to meet some of the NY TNESPL guys. Congrats to all my guys/girls on some good scores and a new record.

Congrats to Chris Steel on blowing the NW record way out of the water with a 156.2 on only (2) 4k amps and a pair of Mojo twelves!!

SICK GV
05-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks Dave! Cant wait to see the new equipment in there....coming soon to the lanes near you :)

SPL Blazer
05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Good turnout, and great scores. The TNESPL 3X format takes sooooo long to run through, I thought the show would never end. I don't know how the NY guys do that every weekend.

thorshammer1
05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Steve we usually get started much faster than that lol Inspecting every car took a second or too longer :)

loudsw2
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
yo chris, let me get a few of those batcaps so i can go in no-wall against you =)

SICK GV
05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
No problem. $550 a piece and got 4 of them. Ill make you a deal if you buy all of them.

loudsw2
05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
pm me a quote for all 4 lol, will have to see what i can pull out of my ***, otherwise ima just go to woofercooker pro1. happy to have my 12k back in the car =) lol

loudmofo
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
was a real good show but long lol :D

ACT Audio
05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
pm me a quote for all 4 lol, will have to see what i can pull out of my ***, otherwise ima just go to woofercooker pro1. Happy to have my 12k back in the car =) lol

pm me an offer?

loudaccent
05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
show was fun,, i dident blow any subs,, just blew the alt,, but i guess i did ok for 12.4 volts

tangelo95
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Had a great time at the show, Im happy i got to set a new record in wcp2 in the durango and we got to try out loudsw2's crx for the first time. Not a bad score 153.4 for the first time ever testing it.

SPL Blazer
05-18-2010, 06:30 PM
I saw that number, too bad he didn't have time to test before the show, that number would have given him 1st place. Of course his numbers were still pretty good for no testing.

loudsw2
05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
ya it just wasn't worth testing atm, i was swamped at work as usual, and tangelo was using my SD12k in the durango, so i had to compete with another teamates amp. but its all fun anyway, wasn't really worried about my placing. would rather take 3rd in a class if a teamate can set a record. but if im not mistaking we may be all competing with our own equipment at the next show lol

SICK GV
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
You guys are gonna be hell on wheels this season. I foresee more then 1 record for you guys. Keep up the good work.

loudsw2
05-20-2010, 03:47 PM
well as soon as we work out some stuff thats going on atm i think our whole team may be changing stuff up. but who knows when that will be