PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have A S-10 Ext cab?

joshm78
01-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Im trying to get Ideas of A single 12" sub setup in a 99' S-10 Ext cab w/ third door. I built a box out of 3/4 Oak plywood. Not sure of the size but when I really crank it up it acks like it's starving for air. It sound really great at low to about 30% volume. It's a sealed box and I have it downfiring and the only place I could tell it could be leaking was around the sub where it joins the wood.

I have a Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQ dual 4 ohm VC and I have a JBL 600.1 amp

Do I need to completly scrap the box that I have and build another. If so, I want some Ideas on shape and size.

I am BIG on SOUND QUALITY !!!!!I am willing to give up some loudness for the Quality. I have a new 4' x 8' sheet of 3/4" MDF in the shop just waiting on whether I should use it.

ps> I AM NOT FAVORING MDF OVER PLYWOOD OR PLYWOOD OVER MDF !!!!!

Plywood was what I had around to use the first time and since I had to buy some new I chose what was cheaper!!

Thanks
josh

yamaha326
01-05-2004, 11:35 PM
well downifire is good but u prob need to look at your box better or it might even be the sub

phoneman
01-05-2004, 11:57 PM
S-10 ex cabs are hard to get loud. I have one and I was dissapointed with my first system I put in it so I put it in my sisters hatch and it totally wanged in it. They are just a tough vehicle to get loud

TPABlazer
01-06-2004, 05:58 AM
I know theres a thread on s10forums.com but i think you have to be registered

DBfan187
01-07-2004, 06:34 PM
plywood is pourus/*****=bad SQ< !MDF!

It's worth the $$$$$$ for MDF!

HEZEKIAH
02-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I made a enclosure for my x-cab, it held four ten inch Xtant subs. Sounded awesome. Then I created a single chamber box that held eight ten inch JBL's didnt sound as great.