PDA

View Full Version : parkin for parkinson's july 18th hooksett nh

splbenz
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
hey were gonna be having a charity car show and spl/exhaust war. amplified impressions is supplying all the trophies so ther will not be a issue like the last show(u mass lowell supplied them) there will be tropies (real ones) for 1-3 in all class's for show and spl and exhaust! it is on sunday july 18th in hooksett nh 311 west river rd its about 4 miles off the highway its a 200+ space lot plus the spl lane this show is open to all cars /trucks and bikes. we will be cooking on the grill and all proseeds go to charity. we are still looking for vendors and sponsers any interest let me know!

raffle for a DAVE THE BOX GUY box at this show!! u know u want/need this!!

looking for idea on what you guys want to see for classes for the spl part of the show.
so far were thinking am 1 and am2 stock 1 stock 2 stock 3 super stock 1 and 2 and no wall let me know what you guys think! we have the show class's posted on our site and hope to get our classes for spl finallized by the end of april. so throw out ideas and help make this a great event all around thanks

SPL Blazer
04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Here's a an idea.....make it a TNESPL event. You'll get a better turnout than you will if you make it your own classes.

SmokeyDog
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
yea a 3x event would be even better good idea steve

SPL Blazer
04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't know about that, I think a 1X would be better. I think New England might be able to have two multi point events this season, but I'm not sure. Either way, we'd have to find a certified judge to come out from New York if there's another 3X out here. Besides, it's a charity thing, so a 1X would be better for that reason too.

splbenz
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
a few up dates on our charity show new raffle prizes: RED SOX tickets MONARCHS tickets WAL-MART GIFT CERT
vendor spots still available!!
contact me at splbenz@comcast.net

ACT Audio
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
looking for idea on what you guys want to see for classes for the spl part of the show.
so far were thinking am 1 and am2 stock 1 stock 2 stock 3 super stock 1 and 2 and no wall let me know what you guys think! we have the show class's posted on our site and hope to get our classes for spl finallized by the end of april. so throw out ideas and help make this a great event all around thanks

great idea's except if your going to run your own org. make up you own classes..... don't get caught coping other organizations because it can put you in a real bind. Plus, you guys need to step up your own games..... anyone on your team break 150 yet>>>:ot:

I don't disagree with running shows, but make them original or use existing organizations.....TNESPL is great for letting anyone run 1x events.....

Just an opinion, but if you were never big in the scene, dont underbid other organizations to host you own shows..... its really BS and makes this sport weaker!

BassBrawlinBill
04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
^^^ whoa tell us what you really think please lol

Mr. Slate
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Fellas, do what you want. I applaud you guys on your efforts and this will help our sport grow in our area. You don't need to break a certain number to put on a show just try not to schedule on the same day as another org.
The only teams from New England that have been "big on the scene" NATIONALLY are Team 420, Team Renots, Team T Rex and Team Bada Bing.
I am definitely going to try to make a few of your shows.
BTW, DB Drag will allow you to do 1x shows. They are the biggest and best organization going.

splbenz
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
your right were not big on the scene and we are all working to get to the 150 mark(most of our cars are show and spl). As far as i know we havent under bid any one as we have not bid on any event. All events we are running besides our charity event we have been asked to run. Our rules are posted and they are simillar to the major orgs around (whos gonna build just for our events!) there are differences that make them our own. We are not tring to **** people off and i appolgize if we have. Were a non-profit org tring to do what we love and help others while doing it! for the six months we have been a group i think were doing pretty good so far. Im open to all suggestions both postive and negitive so feel free to make any and all. This is for fun and good times and good people! Were sorry if there are conflicting dates as we didnt plan the show dates execpt for the July 18th charity event (and thats when the lot was donated to us)

SPL Blazer
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Db Drags are dead in New England, TNESPL is where it's at this season. AI has made their decision, they're going to be yet one more competition org running here in New England, thats their choice. They were given the option of running their shows as TNESPL events, I even offered to cover the event fee, or even turn some to NESPL events, but they have made their decision I guess and they will now be AI events.

SICK GV
04-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow Nate where did you come from? I guess you found your way out of a jelly donut and graced us with your stupid post. First off if they were trying to improve the sport they would team up with TNESPL NESPL or USACi to make the show better and have more competition. And as much as DB Drag is cool they're aint crap for shows. One dude has a few going on in Long Island but thats it. Drag is done. Maybe thats why you'll go to those shows because theres a better chance your ride wont get smoked. Dont know what any of this has to do with the topic but I havent seen your around in a minute and just wanted to say F. U.

Mr. Slate
04-13-2010, 10:38 PM
your right were not big on the scene and we are all working to get to the 150 mark(most of our cars are show and spl). As far as i know we havent under bid any one as we have not bid on any event. All events we are running besides our charity event we have been asked to run. Our rules are posted and they are simillar to the major orgs around (whos gonna build just for our events!) there are differences that make them our own. We are not tring to **** people off and i appolgize if we have. Were a non-profit org tring to do what we love and help others while doing it! for the six months we have been a group i think were doing pretty good so far. Im open to all suggestions both postive and negitive so feel free to make any and all. This is for fun and good times and good people! Were sorry if there are conflicting dates as we didnt plan the show dates execpt for the July 18th charity event (and thats when the lot was donated to us)

Being non profit, I salute you guys.

BassBrawlinBill
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I must admit, well said Jon. I know you didn't get to pick the Ira dates those were set before A.I. was involved, and being night shows it shouldn't conflict too badly. However, you were inaccurate about the July 18th show's date, it was carefully and pain stakingly selected by me don't forget, it had nothing to do with "donated dates" they agreed to the date we picked. I spent days recounting/researching every single show and spl comp from 2009 in the Northeast and made sure the date wouldn't conflict with any event. I actually came up with 3 dates and informed the rest of the club at our meeting of them, but this one was best and voted the winner, remember? Not trying to be a beotch but give credit where credit is due (it was a lot of work only reason I am bringing it up). Again everything else was well said, and I am glad you adressed the "under bid thing" too, didn't think yall would do that and you def don't want others to think that it is true.

TNESPL 1x events would be awesome and draw a lot more people to the events (many in Northeast need points for their finals so I assure you of this fact) DB drags would be cool but they don't do chit for us in New England, but if you started running 1x db drag shows who knows the interest could be sparked again. However their finals are so far away I still am confident TNESPL would be the way to go hands down. We need points, if you have it they will come!

BassBrawlinBill
04-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Db Drags are dead in New England, TNESPL is where it's at this season. AI has made their decision, they're going to be yet one more competition org running here in New England, thats their choice. They were given the option of running their shows as TNESPL events, I even offered to cover the event fee, or even turn some to NESPL events, but they have made their decision I guess and they will now be AI events.

this wan't posted when I made my post, I guess forget what I said about TNESPL... Wow Steve you offered to do that? Not that I am suprised, you do more for SPL in the Northeast then any single person or organization for that matter, its just it's not like your rich and for you to offer $200 to cover event fees is pretty fawkin cool of you man. You sir are the MAN and on behalf of all spl competitors in New England I thank you for your dedication and efforts, they do not go unappriciated!

Back to thread topic, guys please reconsider having these be TNESPL events. They have tons of events scheduled in New York and if any of us are going to have a chance to be a points champion we need WAY more events up here... just think about it, it will also help to legitimize your club quickly.

SICK GV
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Not just points champion but you need 80 points for finals and you only get 10 points for first place. Thats 8 shows at over 200 miles away or 3 3X events and hope you place first. Having more 1x or 2x shows somewhat closer would be cool. Either way if this is just gonna be some random *** car club throwing shows I wont be driving out to them and neither will my team. Its cool to have a comp here and there that arent from an organization but if you got 6 plus shows lined up its just stupid not to make it a TNESPL. Sorry guys maybe you should think this over b4 competitors around here start getting more annoyed with what your doing. Not just me talking, I know about 10 competitors in this area you know that feel the same.

SPL Blazer
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
this wan't posted when I made my post, I guess forget what I said about TNESPL... Wow Steve you offered to do that? Not that I am suprised, you do more for SPL in the Northeast then any single person or organization for that matter, its just it's not like your rich and for you to offer $200 to cover event fees is pretty fawkin cool of you man. You sir are the MAN and on behalf of all spl competitors in New England I thank you for your dedication and efforts, they do not go unappriciated!

It's only $35 per 1X event, I offered to cover that in exchange for letting me slide in the entry fee for that TNESPL 1X. $35 in exchange for a $20 entry fee and an increase in attendance was a good offer I thought. But whatever, good luck with your shows guys.

spltuscon
05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
I just found out that this show is going to be a 3x TNESPL show:veryhapp:

Hope everyone can make it to this!

SPL Blazer
05-20-2010, 05:20 PM
As soon as it's official I'll make the changes on my site for this one. ECAC is supposed to have a 1X June 20th, but it's also not official yet so I have nothing posted on it. Once it's up on the TNE main site then I'll post the info on them both.

SmokeyDog
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
I just found out that this show is going to be a 3x TNESPL show:veryhapp:

Hope everyone can make it to this!

well that just made for a long azz day

loudaccent
05-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow Nate where did you come from? I guess you found your way out of a jelly donut and graced us with your stupid post. First off if they were trying to improve the sport they would team up with TNESPL NESPL or USACi to make the show better and have more competition. And as much as DB Drag is cool they're aint crap for shows. One dude has a few going on in Long Island but thats it. Drag is done. Maybe thats why you'll go to those shows because theres a better chance your ride wont get smoked. Dont know what any of this has to do with the topic but I havent seen your around in a minute and just wanted to say F. U.

chris you know my name,, im the DUDE doing the drag events on long island

SICK GV
05-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah Rob that was posted a while back before I even met you, heard your name< or this was a TNESPL show. A lot has changed since that post.

loudaccent
05-23-2010, 10:16 AM
oo i c i dident look at the dates srry

SPL Blazer
05-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I see this event is finally listed on the TNE site as a 3X.

SPL Blazer
06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
If you guys can't get a 3X judge to come out let me know, I'm now a 2X TNESPL judge so if you have to you can drop it to a 2X and you know I'll be there anyway, so I can help out with the judging and inspections.

SPL Blazer
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
It's coming up soon, Who's going?

thorshammer1
07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Well ya know I'll be there ;)

Things will go alot faster as long as I dont have to correct any infractions lmao!!

See ya Sunday!!

spltuscon
07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Since I'm a show sponsor, you can count on me :)

Should have a new box and new subs in too, although at this rate I'll be lucky to have any testing done...

tangelo95
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
im gonna be there. Testing out some new subs at this one so ill see what my #s are Subs should be here friday:cool:. DC level 4's.

SPL Blazer
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I think most of us have done a 3X in CT or NY so we know the rules, it'll be mostly the Rookies that have never done a TNE show that will need correcting.

BassBrawlinBill
07-14-2010, 03:13 AM
I will be there! Can't wait! new front stage will be installed if not the finishing work, new subs won't be but all good since I am slated to run the 260 bass brawlin class any ways. Won't be dialed in to say the least cuz I see no time for testing this week but will be a hell of a lot of fun! Should be under 30 hertz for this one! Just got to be careful not to bust out!

hispls
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
TNESPL site has been down for a couple days now.

I'm planning on crushing the rookie class though

TheSleeper
07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Hey everyone!!! This show is going to be huge!!!

Its a TNSPL 3x Event!!!!!!

We have over 95 trophies! some are even 40" triples, these bad boys come to my waist.

Our Raffle prizes so far:

- DC level 2 12" sub in a custom ported box by Dave The Box Guy
- $100 gift certificate from Traffic Jamz(Custom installation audio and video shop)
- $100 gift certificate from RK Graphics(Custom vinyl graphics shop)
- Waterless car cleaning kit
- Gift certificate for 2 large pizzas from Dominos
- Road side assistance kit
- Car detailing kit
- Custom drawing of your car or bike by Benji Day
- 4 Fisher cats tickets
- more to come!!!

$15 FOR SHOW

$30 3X TNESPL COMPETITION

$20 BASS BRAWLIN COMPETITION

$10 EXHAUST WARS COMPETITION

$35 COMBO - SHOW AND 3X TNESPL

$40 COMBO - 3X TNESPL AND BASS BRAWLIN

$45 COMBO - SHOW, 3X TNESPL, AND BASS BRAWLIN

$50 COMBO - SHOW, 3X TNESPL, BASS BRAWLIN, AND EXHAUST WARS

Other actitives:

Face painting for the kids
Car club tire toss
PS-3 and Wii competitions, 23" trophies given to the winners
Food and drink to purchase
live DJ

For more info go to:

amplifiedimpressions.webs.com

BassBrawlinBill
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
you guys really went all out on the raffles :^)

For those interested in Bass Brawlin' they are running it and will have a trophy for 1st and plaques for 2nd and 3rd!!!

Freakin' pumped for this show!!!

Hey hispls, you def. are going to crush the rookie class and the current record! Looking forward to you finally getting to certify that great score! ;^)

SPL Blazer
07-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Figures, I was on there last night posting and it's down again today.

hispls
07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
you guys really went all out on the raffles :^)

For those interested in Bass Brawlin' they are running it and will have a trophy for 1st and plaques for 2nd and 3rd!!!

Freakin' pumped for this show!!!

Hey hispls, you def. are going to crush the rookie class and the current record! Looking forward to you finally getting to certify that great score! ;^)

I found a track on the TNESPL CD that I should be able to do 145+ with. Will have a bunch of tools and **** in my back seat again but I wil go through the effort of removing it all before I run, full backseat = -3db

TNESPL site still down. AND still haven't got any email to confirm my registering for their forum.

emilimo701
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
new blood! i'm coming. what time should i plan on getting there? and it's $15 for entrance even if you're not competing?

SPL Blazer
07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
the $15 is to do the car show, there's no fee for spectators.

thorshammer1
07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
The GP's half way through a makeover lol

Shrank box .8 which raised freq to mid to high 30's. Got 2 of the 4 tv screens added today and will be doing the other 2 hopefully tomorrow.

Will hopefully get at least one test for freq before I get there lmao!

loudmofo
07-16-2010, 08:29 PM
what time is this show at

SPL Blazer
07-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Registration is from 10-1, judging should get started by noon.

ACT Audio
07-17-2010, 08:46 AM

I'm planning on crushing the rookie class though

sorry for the bad news, but i don't think you will qualify for the rookie classes.....:stuck:

too much experience and not a "Car Audio Rookie"...... Plus you were MECP certified and worked in the industry which delete's the option to go rookie.......:bawling:

Good luck in WC1.....:goldcup:

SPL Blazer
07-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Technically I think he can do Rookie, the rules only state that he can not have totaled more than 35 points in a previous season. Unless he was a paid member of USACi, IASCA, Drags or the Old Slapshow org and gained more than 35 points in any of those groups in the past he is still considered a Rookie. I never asked him, but I don't recall ever seeing him at any SPL events that I've been to.

"1. Nonmembers, First year “newbies” and vehicles only, as well as individuals that only attend a few local events a year.* This can be decided by promoter and/or judges knowledge of competitor.* Members - Anyone achieving 35 points or more in a single season within Team Northeast SPL in any prior season will no longer be considered a rookie.
Anyone attending events within another organization in any prior season(s) and achieving 35 points or more in a season will not be considered a rookie. "

bland
07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I'll be there. Going to be a long drive.

ACT Audio
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Technically I think he can do Rookie, the rules only state that he can not have totaled more than 35 points in a previous season. Unless he was a paid member of USACi, IASCA, Drags or the Old Slapshow org and gained more than 35 points in any of those groups in the past he is still considered a Rookie. I never asked him, but I don't recall ever seeing him at any SPL events that I've been to.

"1. Nonmembers, First year “newbies” and vehicles only, as well as individuals that only attend a few local events a year.* This can be decided by promoter and/or judges knowledge of competitor.* Members - Anyone achieving 35 points or more in a single season within Team Northeast SPL in any prior season will no longer be considered a rookie.
Anyone attending events within another organization in any prior season(s) and achieving 35 points or more in a season will not be considered a rookie. "

TALKED TO CHRIS MCVAY, asked him a couple questions because of trying to get someone else into this sport and stated that if worked for a shop or is a casual competitor over multiple years might not fit the Rookie idea.

Re: Rookie class question
Chris McVay <tnespl@gmail.com>
View Contact
To: Actaudio <act_audio@yahoo.com>
I'd just hate to have a few individuals running rookie when they are
only there the kick *** and win win win and scare away new less
experienced new comers.

> On Jul 16, 2010, at 11:29 PM, Chris McVay <tnespl@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A MECP certification is fine.
>
> Having worked at a shop or currently working at a shop would lead one
> to think they may not be rookie material. The intent is for newbies
> and anyone not having any hands on in the industry at some point of
> their lifetime. Ned to keep the rookie class "virgin" material to
> insure growth each year.
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM, ACT Audio <act_audio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> if you were MECP certified, can you run the rookie class?
>
> if you worked for a shop? if so how long ago or currently?
>
> A.C.T. Audio, LLC
> 642 Talcottville Rd
> Vernon, CT 06066

thorshammer1
07-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Steve you are correct. Now ya gotta go further and you'll find that working within the industry makes you a pro ;)

defj
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM
my decision would be he can not compete in the rookie class.if he does not currently work in the industry,then woofercooker is ok.if he is currently employed/helps out at a shop,its woofercooker pro.we had a case i believe last year the same instance came up,and the guy was moved to woofercooker.hope this helps,also hope its a good show tomorrow

spltuscon
07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
We'll have the new Box Guy shirts available at this show if anyone wants one. I'll also have a few nice boxes to sell with me, as well as the one I'm donating. Hope to see everyone there!

hispls
07-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I worked in the field for half a year or so around 1996 and only competed one time ever before this year that was last summer.

Would really blow considering I built things around being able to compete in this class this year. If I'd need to compete in pro class you probably won't see me compete in your org. Really I'd think people who are with "team" whatever competing rookie are probably at a much better advantage having a pool of gear and actual access to help from people who are actually experienced.

It'll be interesting to see if the guys who are so concerned about this have team members who are competing in these classes.

SPL Blazer
07-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I worked in the field for half a year or so around 1996 and only competed one time ever before this year that was last summer.

Would really blow considering I built things around being able to compete in this class this year. If I'd need to compete in pro class you probably won't see me compete in your org. Really I'd think people who are with "team" whatever competing rookie are probably at a much better advantage having a pool of gear and actual access to help from people who are actually experienced.

Based on what you say and that I have seen no proof to say otherwise I see no reason at all that you can't compete in Rookie.

ACT Audio
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM

It'll be interesting to see if the guys who are so concerned about this have team members who are competing in these classes.

we're just trying to save the integrity of the rookie class. If you worked for a shop in 1996 thats long ago, but it seems like you have a lot of experience with tons of different equipment and many different build. Rookie class is for new competitors who are "newbies" not 15 year builders.
We don't have a team members in the rookie classes, there's only of 4 of us. Just heard alot about your builds and when we heard you were going rookie was a little concerned with you being in the correct class so you earn the points in the correct class. Believe me, you would like it if we had a teammate in the rookie class your competing in...........LOL

spltuscon
07-19-2010, 08:27 AM
The show was fun, congrats to Steve on a new high score. Also got to hear Exo's wall that I built for the first time :)

I got a perfect score of 280 for Bass Brawling which was cool and took 1st in WCP1.

thorshammer1
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
What a great show! I had a blast even with the 6.5hr drive ea way lmao!!

Great Job Amplified Impressions! Was a pleasure meeting ya and will definately be back for more shows in the future!:veryhapp:

BassBrawlinBill
07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Rob you did a great job, the guys all exspressed to me that without you they wouldn't have been able to pull this show off. You were greatly appriciated by all of us and asked for nothing in return, YOU ROCK.

had a lot of fun, feel like I went 12 rounds with Mike Tyson (pre-Buster Douglas) yet worth ever second. Here's some pics of the trophies:

tangelo95
07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Had fun even with all my bad luck that day. Got my points for finals so im happy

hispls
07-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Great show indeed. I'd still argue that this is really my first year attempting anything related to SPL build (you can see my build logs for the last 6 years or so on carstereo.com), Believe me installing some remote starts and cellphones 14 years ago didn't really help me get deebeez. I am very happy that a legit rookie took that class and Rob was really cool about it so no hard feelings. AND I put up my best number to date anyway.

I will probably do some more events in that category with other orgs this season for the sake of seeing what I can do within those limitations and to use the equipment a little bit.

defj
07-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Great show indeed. I'd still argue that this is really my first year attempting anything related to SPL build (you can see my build logs for the last 6 years or so on carstereo.com), Believe me installing some remote starts and cellphones 14 years ago didn't really help me get deebeez. I am very happy that a legit rookie took that class and Rob was really cool about it so no hard feelings. AND I put up my best number to date anyway.

I will probably do some more events in that category with other orgs this season for the sake of seeing what I can do within those limitations and to use the equipment a little bit.
any pics of your setup,what numbers did you hit

SPL Blazer
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Your more than welcome to stay in my Amateur classes, you don't belong any higher than that class this year. Too bad you had to sell your other gear and buy equipment to compete in the TNE rookie classes just to be told you can't.

CRXBMPN
07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
anyone have any scores from this bad boy?

SPL Blazer
07-20-2010, 12:20 PM
We have to wait til the TNE site gets back up so we can see the results. They are having a problem with their server right now, so until that gets fixed we're waiting. I know my high was a 151.0, Keith did a 163.3 if I remember right. Not sure if that was his score during his run or his score when he was trying to bust the glass. I didn't notice anyone else's scores though.

CRXBMPN
07-20-2010, 12:21 PM
two 15's and the Atomic amp? great job man :) 150's or bust!

spltuscon
07-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I know a few, but the TNESPL site is still down and I can't remember them all.

Rookie 1- 143.x I believe was first
WC1- 1st was 152.5, 2nd was 149.x, 3rd was 144.5
WC3- 1st was 149.x
WCP1- 1st was 150.4
WCP2-1st was 154.x, 2nd was 151
No wall- 1st was 149.6
Pro 1 -154.x (I think)
Pro 2 -163.9 (I think)

Not sure these are totally accurate, but should be close anyway.

CRXBMPN
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
great scores, who did what? lol...
I'll be in Sanford this weekend hope to see some of you guys there who I have not placed a face to a name yet :)

SPL Blazer
07-20-2010, 12:36 PM
two 15's and the Atomic amp? great job man :) 150's or bust!

Been too busy to do any testing so I'm happy with my numbers. Did the 151.0 sitting inside and a 150.7 from outside, both were done back to back.

spltuscon
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Kurt from Team Act (don't know if he's on the team, but always with them) did the Rookie 1 score which was a new record for that class.
WC3- Jon A. (hispl)
WCP1- me
WCP2- Kevin Santacruce (sp?) (tangelo) and Steve G. with the 151 as he mentioned
No wall- Derek M. (smokeydog)
Pro 1 - Mike Gladu (amp caught fire again)
Pro 2- Keith F.

EXO won Bass Brawlin 300 class with something like a 148.4 and his new wall
I won Bass Brawlin 280 with a perfect 280 combined (yeah for me...lol)
Sorry but don't remember 260 class winner for sure. May have been Kalem Beane (first time competitor) I know he trophied in that class.

CRXBMPN
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
thank you for that, great memory!

spltuscon
07-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I try to watch and remember as much as possible, especially my customers or direct competition but it's hard when I spend so much time talking to people/ business stuff. It was much easier when I just competed...my build for this show was very last minute and it looks like I'll have another last minute test box in Sanford.

You competing Jason?

tangelo95
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
This was how my day went. Somehow still managed to do 154 and change:wow:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL613/2976003/22728309/389906742.jpg
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL613/2976003/22728309/389906747.jpg
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL613/2976003/22728309/389906740.jpg

BassBrawlinBill
07-20-2010, 04:09 PM
ookie 1

---------

1. 286.0 Curtis Adams

2. 261.2 Matt Marroin

---------

Rookie 2

---------

1. 282.7 Brandon Edwards

2. 274.9 Eric Paquette

3. 274.1 Bryan Toupin

---------

Rookie 3

---------

1. 262.9 Ruben Lozano

---------

Woofercooker 1

---------

1. 304.9 Dave Proulx

2. 299.0 Mike Shoesmith

3. 288.6 Kalem Beane

---------

Woofercooker 2

---------

1. 300.3 Brandon Koch

2. 142.4 Michael Houde

---------

Woofercooker 3

---------

1. 299.2 Jon Amirault

--------

Woofercooker Pro 1

---------

1. 300.6 Dave “The Box Guy” Lehneman

---------

Woofercooker Pro 2

---------

1. 308.9 Kevin Santacroce

2. 301.7 Steve Griffen

---------

Pro 1

---------

1. 307.5 Mike Gladu

Pro 2

---------

1. 319.7 Keith Fafard

2. 315.1 Mike Todd

---------

Pro No-wall

---------

1. 299.0 Derek Megregor

2. 296.0 Rob W

3. 252.7 Jeff Blais

---------

Exhaust Wars (Best run)

---------

1. 107.9 John Hall

2. 106.9 Anthony Jones

Parking for Parkinson’s TNESPL Bass Brawlin July 18, 2010

Scores (Best two runs combined)

---------

260 Class

---------

1. 259.9 Dave Proulx

2. 258.0 Kalem Beave

3. 245.5 Matt Maroun

---------

280 Class

---------

1. 280.0 Dave “The Box Guy” Lehneman

2. 279.9 Mike Shoesmith

3. 279.4 Derek Mcgregor

---------

300 Class

---------

1. 295.2 Exo

Parking for Parkinson’s Exhaust wars July 18, 2010

---------

Bike Class

---------

1. 120.8 Mark Meskell

---------

Car/Truck Class

---------

1. 117.1 Christopher Lambard

CRXBMPN
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
cant see pix tangelo but i'm sure it couldnt be too good judging by the smiley face you used lol...

Dave, yes I'll be at the show competing, hopefully my little one and wife wont be too unhappy and I can spend a few hours enjoying myself. I'll be bringing a n00b or two down to compete, so it will be cool to see some new faces in the rookie or smaller classes. I threw a new box together too, who knows what it will do lol... probably be in no wall though.

p.s. bill I know you are alive reply to my text why dont'cha

BassBrawlinBill
07-20-2010, 04:11 PM
that's a copy/paste from their site so sorry for length and if there are any typo's ... it aint my fault

hispls
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
any pics of your setup,what numbers did you hit

http://www.carstereo.com/images/installs/DSC06328.JPG

http://www.carstereo.com/images/installs/DSC06330.JPG

http://www.carstereo.com/images/installs/DSC06558.JPG

Pics are pretty current, except the battery is now a single Die Hard Platinum group 34 (appx 560 in^3) which I purchased specifically for rookie competing. I dropped in a Sundown 3Kd this weekend and put up a 149.5 and 149.7, The DC amp does about 1DB less.

BassBrawlinBill
07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
p.s. bill I know you are alive reply to my text why dont'cha

I did then didn't get reply back, now I know why guess your not getting them? Was wondering what was wrong lol. Text me when you read this or pm me or email? Def. need to catch up I haven't forgot what we talked about and hope we are still on...

SPL Blazer
07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
that's a copy/paste from their site so sorry for length and if there are any typo's ... it aint my fault

I'm surprised they only had the top 3 in each class listed instead of everyone in the classes. I know there was more than 3 in some of them.

BassBrawlinBill
07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
I bet it was because Dave H. only had the list they read off of when giving the awards out. I think it was Dave (sleeper) that had the whole list. Just a guess, I'll ask Hallee tomorrow tho

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL No Dave Curts not on the team. Hes a good guy but a hot head and a noobie. He wants to compete and as a customer we are there for him so he reaches his goal. Show was pretty cool but wished some things were run differently. Was kinda hoping to see Bill Gs truck out but nada :( Hopefully I will have new glass and subs in my car for the Sanford show so I can play in N/W. Oh and I think they put HISPL in WC class because he had a 3k that day. Rookie is a 2k limit from my understanding. Great score either way.

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
the over/under for me to be off Chris's score is 10db lol, anyone got input? I believe I'll be in your class due to my dumb box!

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I did then didn't get reply back, now I know why guess your not getting them? Was wondering what was wrong lol. Text me when you read this or pm me or email? Def. need to catch up I haven't forgot what we talked about and hope we are still on...

I sent you a text, again :laugh:
and yes we are on like Donkey Kong playa!

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
the over/under for me to be off Chris's score is 10db lol, anyone got input? I believe I'll be in your class due to my dumb box!

tHATS GONNA BE SICK WATCHIN YOU DO A LEGAL 169!!!!! :)

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
i said OFF your score, not OVER it you fool!
10db OFF it! aka 147 LOL

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL I was giving you the benefit of the doubt

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 12:17 PM
lol... well I appreciate that but you and I both know it isnt happening.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1629/1681/29070840052_large.jpg

new box, pain in the azz

spltuscon
07-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Dear god, I hope you own stock in PSP! lol

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
eh, i had 5 laying around and they fit... so why not? haha

SPL Blazer
07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
**** thats a lot of ports

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Dude thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Im also very interested in that table in the background. Looks like it would fit nice in our showroom hahaha

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
my daughters Disney Fairy table!? yessssssssss that is sweet :)
I'd have preferred a single large port but even an 8" would not be as much port area as five 4's, although the port turbulence in mine probably is vastly superior to a single big flared port! :eek:

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 04:42 PM
So 10 db aye? I can take the under and sandbag lol

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
why do that? if you paid top dollar for your big dawg equipment let us see what it can do :)
I want to see big #'s, so does everyone else, and apparently you can do them... get mah drift crackah?

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Better yet why dont I use 1 18 instead of my 2 12s.....maybe tuned for around 38hz?

CRXBMPN
07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
idgaf lol... just show up and do your best #

loudmofo
07-21-2010, 09:40 PM
who wants some
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/xplorerspinin22s/344244327_photobucket_32723_.jpg

SPL Blazer
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Any idea if it's gonna be ready for Sanford Mike?

loudmofo
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
the plan is to have it playing by sunday it isnt going to look pretty and not finished but iam hoping it will be there we wasted yesturday putting 2 10s in the maxima when we should of worked on it more lol.

TeamElite-Mike
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
idgaf lol... just show up and do your best #

Why?? I'd rather see him destroy the yugo at 30hz lol

hispls
07-21-2010, 11:16 PM
LOL No Dave Curts not on the team. Hes a good guy but a hot head and a noobie. He wants to compete and as a customer we are there for him so he reaches his goal. Show was pretty cool but wished some things were run differently. Was kinda hoping to see Bill Gs truck out but nada :( Hopefully I will have new glass and subs in my car for the Sanford show so I can play in N/W. Oh and I think they put HISPL in WC class because he had a 3k that day. Rookie is a 2k limit from my understanding. Great score either way.

They put me in WC because I installed a few cellphones in the mid 90's. I showed up with the DC 2K installed and the 3Kd at the show when they bumped me up a class. Since there was some debate I took a bigger amp along just in case.

143 in rookie 1 is pretty impressive. What was he running? I was so busy f*cking around swapping amps and metering I didn't have much chance to check out what was around.

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Thats what Im sayin Mike. Lets do some hair tricks :) HISPL, he uses 1 15 Memphis at 1 ohm and a Powerbass 1000.1 Hes a jerk face sandbagger lol No "F"ing clue where he learned that **** from. Hes been hangin out with the wrong crowd apparently.

TeamElite-Mike
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
You should teach him to turn it up so he won't forget at finals :D

SICK GV
07-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Turn up what? Hes got one of those knobby thinga majiggers I got too. You see me turn mine all the way up. You know how our Excelon work...set the volume at 15 and go right??

TeamElite-Mike
07-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I thought it was set at 5 on a 1.6v line driver???

SICK GV
07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm skurd to turn it up lol. I usually had the volume up to 26/28 in the Jeep but havent tried it in the Yugo. I dont use line drivers anymore :( too many issues. I just set the volume @ 15 and roll!

Mr. Slate
07-22-2010, 07:45 PM
the plan is to have it playing by sunday it isnt going to look pretty and not finished but iam hoping it will be there we wasted yesturday putting 2 10s in the maxima when we should of worked on it more lol.

Mike, that's a musical build right?

loudmofo
07-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Mike, that's a musical build right?
yes it is nate its setup to play low music its more for demo then spl.

Mr. Slate
07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Looks good Mike. Is that the Expo?

emilimo701
07-23-2010, 04:30 AM
so i went to this show. i saw the amp catch on fire! i have to admit, it did not meet my expectations. i would have loved if there were an SQ competition part as well! but i guess i should probably put my money where my mouth is, and maybe make a build that's worth competing?

any other shows coming up soon in the New England (specifically, Boston) area?

spltucson... i saw your car/box! i've been thinking of purchasing a santa fe (or a tucson, which i thought would be too small, but as i recall you had plenty of room for your box/amp(s))

spltuscon
07-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I have plenty of room for an extra battery and a big amp under my cargo floor (I could fit more if I needed to). There is quite a bit of room for boxes, the only significant limitation is the depth from backseat to liftgate. It's 25" which is less than a lot of other suvs, but I have been able to put 6 twelves behind the seat and below the window line so it's really not a big issue.

I've had it 5yrs now and not a single problem, in fact I'm still on the stock alternator! So reliability is very good, and for the price you can't go wrong.

Check out newenglandspl.com for listings of all the shows in NE.

SPL Blazer
07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
If you want SQ then your only choices are either the NESPL show at Boomer McLouds in Nashua or one of the USACi shows in CT.