PDA

View Full Version : oz audio?

farbs93
01-03-2004, 06:11 PM
I read somewhere that the Oz audio matrix elite series components were the first to set a perfect score in the IASCA competition. My question is are the really good? Has anyone heard these? They retail for like 500 a set but I can get them much cheaper and I want to know if they are good. Right now I am panicing because I had top of the line MB Quart QSD 216 components that dont fit in my new car and I am looking at other components to get, but I dont have as much money as I did when I bought the MB Quarts (Retail on the MB Quarts are $1200 a set). I also want them to be somewhat comparable to those MB Quarts that I had. 400 a component set is what I can spend. Tell what to do and tell me about these Oz brand if you know of them.

paikiah
01-04-2004, 09:47 AM
The way things are going, retail price don't mean squat...

As for MB quarts, I don't like their lack of midbass, and harsh tweeters.

For USD400, you can get a LOT of good stuff, my man. CDT eurosports are way up there. and can take bucketloads of power to boot.

My personal preference are the Dynaudio 240GT (6.5") comp set that I started using but a week ago. They don't really go that loud, but SQ wise...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i love it.... Oh, they can take quite a bit of power.

Stereo Integrity's 307 components are supposedly REALLY REALLY good. Although I've not heard them myself, I trust that the people who've used and given reviews have heard equally good components know what to listen for.

SOme people also choose to buld their own comp sets, buying separate drivers and making their own xo's. TO some, this might be the best, but I don't have an LCR meter to calculate how many windings to cut, etc., so I gave up on it a long time ago.

the_flatlander
01-07-2004, 11:35 PM
what's an LCR meter