PDA

View Full Version : what technicaly is a wall

the Answer
03-30-2010, 01:59 PM
im woundering if the design i made is a wall. i think it is but can someone plz tell me what (a wall) it is exactly. this is for my ranger, it will have a artifical floor and the opening in the bottom is for batts.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/therican33/pic16.jpg

bubbagumper6
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It depends, does the top of that enclosure touch the ceiling of the car? A wall is when you literally build a wall in your car, it goes from side to side and from bottom to top.

Look around in the build log section for some threads with "Wall" in the title and you'll understand.

the Answer
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
ok then my design is a wall because its 38x48x11Tx17B

bubbagumper6
03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
ok then my design is a wall because its 38x48x11Tx17B

Well the dimensions don't matter so much as the question, Does it completely seal off the back of the car? Like as in, will you still be able to use your rear-view mirror? Because if you can, then it's not a wall, lol.

justin smith
03-30-2010, 02:15 PM
im woundering if the design i made is a wall. i think it is but can someone plz tell me what (a wall) it is exactly. this is for my ranger, it will have a artifical floor and the opening in the bottom is for batts.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/therican33/pic16.jpg

that looks like it would be a wall to me...lol. true story

RJesus
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
A wall has to have the subs facing you, not toward the trunk.

Or else how is the bass gonna reach you?

bhsdriller
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
^wut it's going in a truck

the Answer
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah its going in my truck and no way will i be able to use my mirror, well i dont even have a mirror thanks to the SX. but yeah it goes all the way to the top.

Cabin_Pressure
03-30-2010, 09:11 PM
wall (wôl)
n.
1. An upright structure of masonry, wood, plaster, or other building material serving to enclose, divide, or protect an area, especially a vertical construction forming an inner partition or exterior siding of a building.
2. A continuous structure of masonry or other material forming a rampart and built for defensive purposes. Often used in the plural.
3. A structure of stonework, cement, or other material built to retain a flow of water.
a. Something resembling a wall in appearance, function, or construction, as the exterior surface of a body organ or part: the abdominal wall.
b. Something resembling a wall in impenetrability or strength: a wall of silence; a wall of fog.
c. An extreme or desperate condition or position, such as defeat or ruin: driven to the wall by poverty.
5. Sports The vertical surface of an ocean wave in surfing.

tr.v. walled, wall·ing, walls
1. To enclose, surround, or fortify with or as if with a wall: wall up an old window. See Synonyms at enclose.
2. To divide or separate with or as if with a wall. Often used with off: wall off half a room.
3. To confine or seal behind a wall; immure: "I determined to wall [the body] up in the cellar" (Edgar Allan Poe).
4. To block or close (an opening or passage, for example) with or as if with a wall.

csu87
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
if it completely seals off the front of your car from the back, its a wall.

check my build log, i have a wall