PDA

View Full Version : Pix from March 27, 2010 eCrack.net Show in Mt. Vernon, IL

ahole-ic
03-28-2010, 05:37 PM
We only had 5 competitors, but it was a good time. Pix, vids, and scores are up right here:

March 2010 eCrack.net Competition! - eCrack Forums (http://ecrack.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1122&pid=1547&st=0&#entry1547)

We have one a month on the last saturday of the month. If you're close, come out.
http://www.eCrack.net

BigJoker
03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
We only had 5 competitors, but it was a good time. Pix, vids, and scores are up right here:

March 2010 eCrack.net Competition! - eCrack Forums (http://ecrack.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1122&pid=1547&st=0&#entry1547)

We have one a month on the last saturday of the month. If you're close, come out.
eCrack.net - Car Audio News, Reviews, and Values (http://www.eCrack.net)

should of posted this here. i would of came out

ahole-ic
03-29-2010, 12:56 AM

We have 1 per month on the last saturday of every month. I will post them here from now on, but consider this a personal invite.

mlstrass
03-29-2010, 04:21 AM

5hrs away, that's why I never mentioned these shows. If you guys are up for a road trip then I'm down as I see some JL's to beat up on LOL

mlstrass
03-29-2010, 04:22 AM
you use a TL and how did you meter? meter on dash or in the kick?

mlstrass
03-29-2010, 04:34 AM
was just reading about the "battle category". Tell me more...

BigJoker
03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
We have 1 per month on the last saturday of every month. I will post them here from now on, but consider this a personal invite.

thanks

5hrs away, that's why I never mentioned these shows. If you guys are up for a road trip then I'm down as I see some JL's to beat up on LOL

****. i thought it was closer by lake in the hills. wrong direction

ahole-ic
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
you use a TL and how did you meter? meter on dash or in the kick?

Yep TL and at the dash.

ahole-ic
03-29-2010, 05:14 PM
was just reading about the "battle category". Tell me more...

The battle category is like pinks. We have a bunch of guys with stereos that don't meter because then their lie would be ruined. They just stand around and watch the comp and talk ****. You can call them out, set your own terms. It can be SPL, bassrace(although I'm not sure what this proves) or anything. You can call out the judges (myself, because I don't enter the comps but I have a decent setup) or whoever you want. You name the stakes, once it's agreed upon you give the money or whatever the terms were to the judges. Whoever wins takes it all. If you bet cars, or stereos, I'll put tire chauks (chalks?) behind your tires and make you pull up to the curb so you can't drive off. If you refuse, it goes on the website that you backed down. I'm talking pics, videos, a write up etc. There are plenty of witnesses and video evidence that will stand up in court. It hasn't been taken advantage of yet. I coined the phrase: "Either he shuts up or puts his nuts up."
I like it. haha
I set all the rules up for the local guys though... just so they can be competitive. I didn't want to have to clamp power or count subs or fuse ratings. I can just group them by their maximum spl and then tell them to pick a song that has sustained bass for 30 seconds. They lose, and pay me for a private test and tune.

mlstrass
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
The battle category is like pinks. We have a bunch of guys with stereos that don't meter because then their lie would be ruined. They just stand around and watch the comp and talk ****. You can call them out, set your own terms. It can be SPL, bassrace(although I'm not sure what this proves) or anything. You can call out the judges (myself, because I don't enter the comps but I have a decent setup) or whoever you want. You name the stakes, once it's agreed upon you give the money or whatever the terms were to the judges. Whoever wins takes it all. If you bet cars, or stereos, I'll put tire chauks (chalks?) behind your tires and make you pull up to the curb so you can't drive off. If you refuse, it goes on the website that you backed down. I'm talking pics, videos, a write up etc. There are plenty of witnesses and video evidence that will stand up in court. It hasn't been taken advantage of yet. I coined the phrase: "Either he shuts up or puts his nuts up."
I like it. haha
I set all the rules up for the local guys though... just so they can be competitive. I didn't want to have to clamp power or count subs or fuse ratings. I can just group them by their maximum spl and then tell them to pick a song that has sustained bass for 30 seconds. They lose, and pay me for a private test and tune.

all right then PM me so we can set something up as I'm calling out the parking lot full of **** talkers....

theMessenjah44
03-31-2010, 12:46 AM
all right then PM me so we can set something up as I'm calling out the parking lot full of **** talkers....

lawl

BigJoker
03-31-2010, 12:50 AM

feg. you ain't loud

mlstrass
03-31-2010, 01:32 AM
feg. you ain't loud

don't need to be as they just **** talkers LOL

Now I'm calling you out fool, so bring them kickers and get F'd up by my JL wondersubs...

BigJoker
03-31-2010, 02:50 AM
don't need to be as they just **** talkers LOL

Now I'm calling you out fool, so bring them kickers and get F'd up by my JL wondersubs...

i fart louder then you meter. running fleamarket junk

mlstrass
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
i fart louder then you meter. running fleamarket junk

it's all I can afford. Still saving for JL gear so I can be loud one day...

ahole-ic
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
it's all I can afford. Still saving for JL gear so I can be loud one day...

LOL. What is your current setup?

mlstrass
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
4 flea market 15's in an altima........ready to battle

Chrispy
04-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I forgot all about it and I'm only about 15 minutes away. Really just want to see what I can do on a TL.
Setup consists of a wall of 4 Fi Q 15s in 8 cubes sealed.

mlstrass
04-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I forgot all about it and I'm only about 15 minutes away. Really just want to see what I can do on a TL.
Setup consists of a wall of 4 Fi Q 15s in 8 cubes sealed.

battle????

Chrispy
04-03-2010, 04:45 PM
battle????

If we both make it to the same one. What's your sub setup made up of?

EDIT: Well after reading your other post it looks like your 5 hours away and you don't seem too serious.

BigJoker
04-04-2010, 07:38 AM

EDIT: Well after reading your other post it looks like your 5 hours away and you don't seem too serious.

depends how much money is involved. he's a goofy ***

mlstrass
04-04-2010, 11:41 AM

4 15's and yes I'm serious, just trying to get some incentive to make the drive down, so what you wanna do????

Chrispy
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
4 15's and yes I'm serious, just trying to get some incentive to make the drive down, so what you wanna do????

I don't know if I'll make it to any (two jobs) but I'd like to make it to one at least to get metered. Your 15s ported? If so don't expect much of a wager, but I'm willing to lose a little all in good fun.

mlstrass
04-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know if I'll make it to any (two jobs) but I'd like to make it to one at least to get metered. Your 15s ported? If so don't expect much of a wager, but I'm willing to lose a little all in good fun.

yep ported wall. Why didn't you port the Q's? Run a 15" Q in the GF's car and it slams pretty hard.

We might make it down to one if the attendance is better since the 1st show only had 5 cars...

Chrispy
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
yep ported wall. Why didn't you port the Q's? Run a 15" Q in the GF's car and it slams pretty hard.

We might make it down to one if the attendance is better since the 1st show only had 5 cars...

I'm 19 and have been stuck on sealed, but I plan on going ported the next time I redo my setup. Either 3 of my Qs or two new 15s. Thinkin BTLs or Xcons.

mlstrass
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm 19 and have been stuck on sealed, but I plan on going ported the next time I redo my setup. Either 3 of my Qs or two new 15s. Thinkin BTLs or Xcons.

why not all 4 of your Q's ported? they don't need huge enclosures. Otherwise BL's unless you plan on running a LOT of power/electrical as the BTL's will require that...

Chrispy
04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
why not all 4 of your Q's ported? they don't need huge enclosures. Otherwise BL's unless you plan on running a LOT of power/electrical as the BTL's will require that...

I'm not up to building the enclosure inside the vehicle yet and also I run all my mids and highs in the wall too. My current wall isn't sealed from front to back either. It's two separate boxes screwed together on top of one another with mids/highs on each side. Been running a RF T4000 for over a year now but yes my electrical needs more work. Stock 140 Alt, Big 3, and 3 mix/matched batteries all at the amp......

mlstrass
04-04-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm not up to building the enclosure inside the vehicle yet and also I run all my mids and highs in the wall too. My current wall isn't sealed from front to back either. It's two separate boxes screwed together on top of one another with mids/highs on each side. Been running a RF T4000 for over a year now but yes my electrical needs more work. Stock 140 Alt, Big 3, and 3 mix/matched batteries all at the amp......

not that hard to build inside the vehicle, but you could do 2 ported boxes and then connect them inside the car. Sealing it off will help a lot, so get to work on that and also the trim panels are the perfect place for putting mids/highs.

I really want a piece of that SUV with the 6 JL's....

ahole-ic
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
If you don't want to build that enclosure just have me do it. I've got a shop in my garage and I build my own boxes.... although I never really finish mine like i would someone else's. I just don't see the need to vinyl wrapping my own enclosure when I can just cover it in bed liner and be done with it.

mlstrass
04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
If you don't want to build that enclosure just have me do it. I've got a shop in my garage and I build my own boxes.... although I never really finish mine like i would someone else's. I just don't see the need to vinyl wrapping my own enclosure when I can just cover it in bed liner and be done with it.

he needs a wall built inside the vehicle. Going ported should be a LOT louder then sealed with the Q's...

Chrispy
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I really would love to port all 4 of my Qs. Let me do some thinkin...