PDA

View Full Version : Stock SQ w/ LOC?

Geezerpoop
03-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I am going to be trading in my car soon and getting something newer. Naturally one of my priorities is car audio:crap: I would like to keep the stock hu look with whatever I get next. I understand that the purpose of a LOC is so that after-market amps can be hooked up, and that JL, Massive Audio, RF, etc. have LOCs with tuning capabilities.

I am wondering if the sound quality will be as good with a quality LOC + stock headunit as it would be with my eclipse HU I have now. I am confused about whether or not an aftermarket vs. stock has better sound processing and reproducing, and if a solid LOC will clean up the sound to my liking. I hope this makes sense, thanks.

Canaan
03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
You can get good sound from a stock HU, but not from an ordinary LOC. You need signal summing.
The cleansweep, rf 3-sixty, or audison bitone will work wonders.

Geezerpoop
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks so much for the response. Do you think the JL cleansweep will have similar SQ as my eclipse HU that is in my current ride?

Canaan
03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Not sure on the 3-sixty, but I have seen some amazing results w/ the Audison BitOne. You should get nice results though.

blazeplacid
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I know the 3sixty and bitone have alot of tuning options

I thought the clean sweep was just to clean up signal and no kinda adjustments? like no eq, time alignment/etc?

fasfocus00
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Audiocontrol DQL-8, problem solved