PDA

View Full Version : CDT-61a, how easy are these to install? I'm about to hit the buy button.

bnbhoha
01-03-2004, 12:24 AM
CDT-61a, how easy are these to install? I'm about to hit the buy button. I posted earlier that I'm going to install them in my 97 civic. I can install head units and speakers, but these things come w/ cross overs and tweeters. I was considering getting them professionally done. I called car toys and that guy said it could potentially take 3 or more hours and thats over a hundred bucks. I don't them completely and know speakers are probably the easiest thing to install. Where I get stuck is looking at the picture. I've never messed w/ crossovers and it appears the the speakers come w/ this two big blocks, which are obviously cross overs.

I feel like an idiot right now and am seeking help. Do I just plug my positive and negative wires into them (hopefully the crossover is connected to the speaker) and run them directly to my amp, which will have the rca inputs from the head unit, or do I need to make any tweaks? If I can't figure this out, I might just settle for some eclipse speakers off ebay for $60 w/ no amp :( Thanks for you help

Shugarra
01-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't know of this specific model but a lot of x-overs have the ability to boost tweeter or mid output. If you want to keep it at factory settings it's really very easy. You run your wires from your amp to the x-over and then run wires from the mid to the x-over and from the tweeter to the x-over and you're ready to go.

bnbhoha
01-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Thank you! I'm buying these and a USX2100 amp tommorow through thezeb. Seems like a few members here bought this combo and it appears to work great.

sumone
01-04-2004, 12:56 AM
I ordered the cl-61s too and a us acoustics 4065 amp, so I could have them on 1+2, and an eD kx 12" sub bridged on 3+4. Haven't got them yet - but one question I have is how big are the actual X-Overs? They look pretty big in pictures - where can I put them? Somewhere out of the way/hidden or somewhere easily accessible (and where might those spots be)?

BoxsterBoy
01-04-2004, 04:15 PM
How much do you pay for the 61a... And from where???

Thanks (I'm looking into the same speakers if not gettin g the Cadence Audio)

Shugarra
01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
www.thezeb.com
$149.99 I think