PDA

View Full Version : My flip down video have distortion.. please help.

codenameVIC
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
When I start my engine and play a dvd my ceiling flip down video start to show lines and distortion. I currently have the 12v, acc, and ground all hooked up to my headunit. I tried both video out 1 and 2 on my headunit and it does the same. It only does this when I start my car. My main headunit double din tv is fine its just the flip down monitor thats doing this. Can someone please help me and let me know what I have to do to stop this problem. Thanks.

x1le
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
try moving your ground directly to the chassis. stock grounds are usually garbage.

codenameVIC
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
So just move the ground to a different place? Do you know if I can use a ground loop isolator for audio to fix video noise?

x1le
03-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Switch grounds first. If that doesn't work then run a new rca cable. Don't worry about the isolator, that should be an absolute last resort.

codenameVIC
03-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Just went outside and tried to relocate the ground to 2 different places and its the same exact result. The rca cables are brand new just purchased yesterday from radio shack. So should I try the ground loop isolator? but will it work for video signal? any other ideas?

codenameVIC
03-26-2010, 06:16 PM
any other help? Is there any filter I can put in between the rca video line?